CCC - Character Compounding Contest! (Round Fourteen: Michalis, Minerva and Maria)

Hello and happy new year!
Welcome to the 14th round of the CCC, it’s a pleasure to host this event once more.
I would like to present a new CCC every month, organised as the following:

• Each 1st day of the month the CCC is announced
  • 2 weeks for submissions
  • 1 week for voting the winner and the third character
  • 1 week of pause

The goal of this contest is to take an existing character (posted at the bottom!) and reimagine, reinvent, or rework them into a new form! What sort of new form? Taking inspiration from FE Heroes and other similar media, you simply redesign the character in one of (but not limited to) the following ways:

• De-age or age up the character. Make them lively, or make them cranky.
  • Turn them into another character! These ‘cosplay’ edits are not limited to mainline FE games or fangames, you can even do characters from other series, TV, etc.
  • Give the character a new design! Make them jacked, give them cool armour, redesign them from scratch, or whatever your heart desires.
  • Genderbend them! Turn Lucius into a boy, or Jaffar into a girl! The possibilities here are endless!
  • RADICALLY redesign them: Make them into crazy demons, the Joker, Kirby(???), but try to keep the ‘essence’ of the original character in some way.
  • Heck, why not just take a regular character’s design and make them into a halfbody? That could be fun too!

This contest is very free-form. You come up with the character’s redesign and try your best to get people to vote for you!

THE RULES
  1. All submissions to this contest will be F2E! This contest involves expanding the resources available for the Portrait Repository, so this is mandatory.
  2. Each round of the contest will feature three mugs.
  3. Artists may create an alternate outfit/design/etc for one or multiple characters, if they wish.
  4. You may submit multiple designs, if you wish. They will all count toward your one submission vote. (Voters will vote on all of the works you created for the three mugs at once)
  5. No pre-existing artwork! The point of this contest is to expand the repo, so we want new art. Also, it’s unfair to compete against artwork that may have had weeks or months of editing work put into it.
  6. Eye/mouth frames are preferable, but optional. They aren’t necessary, but it would be awesome if you included them!
  7. Characters must either be from Fire Emblem 1-17 (Or whatever the current new game ends up being) or one of the Fire Emblem spinoffs, such as Heroes.
  8. All characters must be sprited in GBA format!
    (Hackbox size is not necessary)
    (Halfbodies/fullbodies are A-OK!)
    (Do try to keep the colour count at or below 16 though, that would be great)
  9. Submissions must at least somewhat resemble the original character! Even with the Demon Anna example earlier, it’s still possible to see that she looks like Anna; use that as the extreme guideline.

First and Second Place each picks one character for the next round. Then the community gets to vote on the third character they want to see as well!

This competition is very casual. It’s not intended to be a hardcore demonstration of spriting prowess or anything, though that can be fun, too. The primary purpose is to create lots of cool mugs for the community to use.

PREVIOUS CONTEST WINNERS

Round One
Round Two
Round Three
Round Four
Round Five
Round Six
Round Seven
Round Eight
Round Nine
Round Ten
Round Eleven
Round Twelve
Round Thirteen

This month’s theme is the Macedon siblings!

Here are some designs currently listed for each character.

Character 1: Michalis, the ambitious king of Macedon
Michalis (Atey)image

Credits to @Atey and @Obsidian_Daddy respectively

Character 2: Minerva, the red Dragoon, leader of the Whitewings
MinervaMinerva (Zelkami, Ghostblade13)Minerva {BuskHusker, CranJam}imageimage

Credits to @TAS20XX for the first one, @Zelkami & @Ghostblade for the second one, and @BuskHusker who did the last 3 Minerva.

Character 3: Maria, princess of Macedon

She doesn’t have a portrait yet, let’s fix that!

For those of you who aren’t quite sure on what sorts of designs you could make, here are the characters’ wiki-pages, complete with alternate designs and artwork.

Michalis’s Gallery: Michalis/Gallery | Fire Emblem Wiki | Fandom
Minerva’s Gallery: Minerva/Gallery | Fire Emblem Wiki | Fandom
Maria’s Gallery: Maria/Gallery | Fire Emblem Wiki | Fandom

Remember… really wild designs are amazing too! Let’s get some wild, extravagant, and unique character designs going! Reach into your imagination, and the first place could be yours!

The deadline is the 15th of January 2023.

15 Likes

mari

Maria is just a palette swap Nino, bite me.

alao ,for whoever won this contest, please put at least one fe6-8 character,
otherwise no ppl would even want to commit this.

16 Likes

It works surprisingly well for a recolour

密涅瓦(头像)玛利亚(头像)

25 Likes

Did this before I sleep

20 Likes

Surprised there isn’t more of Michalis
Anyway, here’s one, as well as another Minerva
MichalisMinerva1

16 Likes

I don’t think I am, but I hope I’m not too late in submitting this, considering it’s my favorite character’s round lmao-

Maria largely based on her Heroes design:

Minerva largely based on her BSFE design (I started this with the edgy side glare in mind, but I decided to have a normal facing one as well):
image image

Michalis largely based on his Heroes design (with a damaged alt because I saw his damaged DSFE sprite when looking for refs and thought it looked cool):
image image

Here they are compiled together for voting convenience.
(Edited because Minerva had an extra shade by mistake, should be fixed now-)

29 Likes

Welcome to the 14th round of CCC voting!

Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Round 1: 44 entries submitted by 21 contestants.
Round 2: 21 entries submitted by 13 contestants.
Round 3: 34 entries submitted by 14 contestants.
Round 4: 49 entries submitted by 15 contestants. The biggest round yet!
Round 5: 39 entries submitted by 13 contestants.
Round 6: 20 entries submitted by 9 contestants.
Round 7: 12 entries submitted by 7 contestants.
Round 8: 24 entries submitted by 10 contestants.
Round 9: 26 entries submitted by 19 Contestants
Round 10: 24 entries submitted by 10 Contestants
Round 11: 20 entries submitted by 12 Contestants
Round 12: 25 entries submitted by 10 Contestants
Round 13: 11 entries submitted by 4 Contestants
Round 14: 11 entries submitted by 5 Contestants

Today’s vote is for your favourite Michalis, Minerva, or Maria!

Pick your favourites! Vote for as many as you like!
  • mari
  • RedBean
  • Wasdye

0 voters

Who will win? This poll will conclude in about three days! Let’s get to voting! Pick your favourites!

5 Likes

Thank you once again to everyone who participated in this round, whether you submitted your work or voted!

@BuskHusker wins this round of the CCC, with @RedBean taking the second place, they chose the next characters for round fifteen:

The famous pegasus sisters Palla and Est will be the next characters, the third character however is chosen by you! Here are your options:

Pick your favourite newcomer!
  • Catria (FE1; FE2; FE3; FE11; FE12; FE15)
    (to complete the sibling trio once again)
  • Erinys (FE4)
  • Karin (FE5)
  • Narcian (FE6)
  • Shanna (FE6)
  • Thea (FE6)
  • Juno (FE6)
  • Florina (FE7)
  • Fiora (FE7)
  • Farina (FE7)
  • Tana (FE8)
  • Vanessa (FE8)
  • Syrene (FE8)