CCC - Character Compounding Contest! (Round Thirteen: Cecilia, Pent and Saleh!)

Hello and welcome to the 13th edition of the CCC, it’s an honour to be your new host, you may refer to me as Matthieu or Eden, I hope we’ll all have fun!

I want to try a new voting system that I’ll explain below.

The goal of this contest is to take an existing character (posted at the bottom!) and reimagine, reinvent, or rework them into a new form! What sort of new form? Taking inspiration from FE Heroes and other similar media, you simply redesign the character in one of (but not limited to) the following ways:

• De-age or age up the character. Make them lively, or make them cranky.
  • Turn them into another character! These ‘cosplay’ edits are not limited to mainline FE games or fangames, you can even do characters from other series, TV, etc.
  • Give the character a new design! Make them jacked, give them cool armour, redesign them from scratch, or whatever your heart desires.
  • Genderbend them! Turn Lucius into a boy, or Jaffar into a girl! The possibilities here are endless!
  • RADICALLY redesign them: Make them into crazy demons, the Joker, Kirby(???), but try to keep the ‘essence’ of the original character in some way.
  • Heck, why not just take a regular character’s design and make them into a halfbody? That could be fun too!

This contest is very free-form. You come up with the character’s redesign and try your best to get people to vote for you!

THE RULES
  1. All submissions to this contest will be F2E! This contest involves expanding the resources available for the Portrait Repository, so this is mandatory.
  2. Each round of the contest will feature three mugs.
  3. Artists may create an alternate outfit/design/etc for one or multiple charactersif they wish.
  4. You may submit multiple designs, if you wish. They will all count toward your one submission vote. (Voters will vote on all of the works you created for the three mugs at once)
  5. No pre-existing artwork! The point of this contest is to expand the repo, so we want new art. Also, it’s unfair to compete against artwork that may have had weeks or months of editing work put into it.
  6. Eye/mouth frames are preferable but optional. They aren’t necessary, but it would be awesome if you included them!
  7. Characters must either be from Fire Emblem 1-16 (Or whatever the current new game ends up being) or one of the Fire Emblem spinoffs, such as Heroes.
  8. All characters must be sprited in GBA format!
    (Hack box size is not necessary)
    (Halfbodies/fullbodies are A-OK!)
    (Do try to keep the colour count at or below 16 though, that would be great)
  9. Submissions must at least somewhat resemble the original character! Even with the Demon Anna example earlier, it’s still possible to see that she looks like Anna; use that as the extreme guideline.

The winner of each round picks two mugs and a theme for the next round! If you want the community to work hard toward making designs for your favourite waifu/husbando, you’ll have to get that top vote!
The third character will be chosen via a poll at the end, and each one of them will follow the theme chosen by the winner.

This competition is very casual. It’s not intended to be a hardcore demonstration of spriting prowess or anything, though that can be fun, too. The primary purpose is to create lots of cool mugs for the community to use.

PREVIOUS CONTEST WINNERS

Round One
Round Two
Round Three
Round Four
Round Five
Round Six
Round Seven
Round Eight
Round Nine
Round Ten
Round Eleven
Round Twelve

Here are some designs currently listed for each character.

Character 1: Cecilia from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, Etruria’s Mage General
Cecilia塞西莉亚(头像)Cecilia F2E Revamped FE8 Frames (Levin64)

Character 2: Pent from Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, Count Reglay and also Etruria’s Mage General
Pent

Character 3: Saleh from Fire Emblem: The Sacred stones, the sage of Caer Pelyn
Saleh

For those of you who aren’t quite sure about what sorts of designs you could make, here are the characters’ wiki-pages, complete with alternate designs and artwork.

Cecilia’s Gallery: Cecilia/Gallery | Fire Emblem Wiki | Fandom
Pent’s Gallery: Pent/Gallery | Fire Emblem Wiki | Fandom
Saleh’s Gallery: Saleh/Gallery | Fire Emblem Wiki | Fandom

Remember… really wild designs are amazing too! Let’s get some wild, extravagant, and unique character designs going! Reach into your imagination, and the first place could be yours!

The deadline is the 24th of November 2022. You’ll then have three days to vote for your favourites.

11 Likes

Just a notice that Matthieu has my blessing to take over. I’m extremely busy these days with my other projects, so I’ll leave the CCC in their capable hands :smiley:

Also remember to only make one submission post, and include a compilation image if you submit multiple mugs so it’s easy for Matthieu to put in the final poll-post.

Peace!

5 Likes

Allow me to start this CCC with an attempt on younger Pent
Based on:
As per tradition in my nature, the fullbodies are quite underway soo maybe expect them in the following days/weeks :DD
EDIT:
Also have this improved Pent sprite from his upcoming fullbody
FE 8 face shade:
Along with his FEH version:
man I should do something soon for Cecilia as well
Reminder to please not vote for me this round
Compilation:

25 Likes

cil2
BCECI

i dont know,may be more summit for this

CC

22 Likes

塞西莉亚(头像婚纱)
That’s it this time.

塞西莉亚(头像婚纱微调)
塞西莉亚_半身像
The first time to draw half-body.

30 Likes

Hello, I wanted to thank everyone who has already submitted their work. There is only one day left before voting.
It’s likely you’ll only be able to vote once considering there are fewer submissions.

The next round will probably be after the holiday period, January the first.
If you want to make suggestions on how to improve the format, feel free to do so.

Have a wonderful day!

2 Likes

Hopley not to late I see we have no saleh portraits lets change that I present to you a young saleh ft old pent
young saleh
old pent

5 Likes

Welcome to the 13th round of CCC voting!

Round 1: 44 entries submitted by 21 contestants.
Round 2: 21 entries submitted by 13 contestants.
Round 3: 34 entries submitted by 14 contestants.
Round 4: 49 entries submitted by 15 contestants. The biggest round yet!
Round 5: 39 entries submitted by 13 contestants.
Round 6: 20 entries submitted by 9 contestants.
Round 7: 12 entries submitted by 7 contestants.
Round 8: 24 entries submitted by 10 contestants.
Round 9: 26 entries submitted by 19 Contestants
Round 10: 24 entries submitted by 10 Contestants
Round 11: 20 entries submitted by 12 Contestants
Round 12: 25 entries submitted by 10 Contestants
Round 13: 11 entries submitted by 4 Contestants

Today’s vote is for your favourite Cecilia, Pent, or Saleh!

Pick your favourite contestant! Vote for the one you like the most!
  • CC
  • RedBean
  • Freefall

0 voters

Who will win? This poll will conclude in about three days! Let’s get to voting! Pick only your favourite!

3 Likes

Thank you once again to everyone who participated in this round, whether you submitted your work or voted!

@RedBean wins this round of the CCC, the next featured characters are the following:

That’s right, the fearsome wyvern riders from Macedon will be the next characters, the third character however is chosen by you! Here are your options:

Pick your favourite newcomer!
  • Maria (FE1; FE3; FE11; FE12) (to complete the sibling trio)
  • Altena (FE4)
  • Eda (FE5)
  • Melady (FE6)
  • Vaida (FE7)
  • Cormag (FE8)
  • Jill (FE9; FE10)
  • Cherche (FE13)
  • Camilla (FE14)
  • Ivy (FE17)

0 voters

Next round will begin on January the 1st of 2023

2 Likes