CCC - Character Compounding Contest! (Round Eight: FE6 Christmas Cavs!)

Hello! Welcome to the New CCC!, My name is Enjin! or ReRomastah on Discord

Klok gave me Permission to continue the CCC, so i hope this round is as fun as the previous ones!

Welcome to the next round in the continuation and revival of the previous CCC’s!

The goal of this contest is to take an existing character (posted at the bottom!) and reimagine, reinvent, or rework them into a new form! What sort of new form? Taking inspiration from FE Heroes and other similar media, you simply redesign the character in one of (but not limited to) the following ways:

• De-age or age up the character. Make them lively, or make them cranky.
  • Turn them into another character! These ‘cosplay’ edits are not limited to mainline FE games or fangames, you can even do characters from other series, TV, etc.
  • Give the character a new design! Make them jacked, give them cool armor, redesign them from scratch, or whatever your heart desires.
  • Genderbend them! Turn Norne into a boy, or Roshea into a girl! The possibilities here are endless!
  • RADICALLY redesign them: Make them into crazy demons, the Joker, Kirby(???), but try to keep the ‘essence’ of the original character in some way.
  • Heck, why not just take a regular character’s design and make them into a halfbody? That could be fun too!

This contest is very free-form. You come up with the character’s redesign and try your best to get people to vote for you!

Here are the rules:

1. All submissions to this contest will be F2U, or even F2E if the submitter is okay with that! This contest involves expanding the resources available for the Portrait Repository, so this is mandatory.
  2. Each round of the contest will feature two mugs; a male and a female character. (Unisex characters can count too; they take up the male or female slot at the host’s discretion)
  3. Artists may create an alternate outfit/design/etc for one or both characters, if they wish.
  4. You may submit multiple designs, if you wish. They will all count toward your one submission vote. (Voters will vote on all of the works you created for the two mugs at once)
  5. No pre-existing artwork! The point of this contest is to expand the repo, so we want new art. Also, it’s unfair to compete against artwork that may have had weeks or months of editing work put into it.
  6. Eye/mouth frames are preferable, but optional. They aren’t necessary, but it would be awesome if you included them!
  7. Characters must either be from Fire Emblem 1-16 (Or whatever the current new game ends up being) or one of the Fire Emblem spinoffs, such as Heroes.
  8. All characters must be sprited in GBA format!
    (Hackbox size is not necessary)
    (Halfbodies/fullbodies are A-OK!)
    (Do try to keep the color count at or below 16 though, that would be great)
  9. Submissions must at least somewhat resemble the original character! Even with the Demon Anna example earlier, it’s still possible to see that she looks like Anna; use that as the extreme guideline.

The winner of each round picks two mugs for the next round! If you want the community to work hard toward making designs for your favorite waifu/husbando, you’ll have to get that top vote!

This competition is very casual. It’s not intended to be a hardcore demonstration of spriting prowess or anything, though that can be fun, too. The primary purpose is to create lots of cool mugs for the community to use.

Here are the winners of the previous rounds:
Round One
Round Two
Round Three
Round Four
Round Five
Round Six
Round Seven

I am picking two popular characters to ensure this revival starts with a bang! After this round ends, the winner will pick a character for the next round.

Here are some designs currently listed in the repo for each character.

Character 1: Lance from FE6. he has a mug in the repo, so he makes for a good base for less-experienced spriters to try out.

Mug by @BatimaTheBat.

Character 2: Alan, also from Elibe.

Mug by @BatimaTheBat

For those of you who aren’t sure quite confident on what sorts of designs you could make, here are the characters’ wiki-pages, complete with alternate designs and artwork.

Alan’s Gallery: Alen - Fire Emblem Wiki
Lance’s Gallery: Lance (character) - Fire Emblem Wiki

Remember… really wild designs are amazing too! Let’s get some wild, extravagant, and unique character designs going! Reach into your imagination, and first place could be yours!

The deadline for this contest ends on the 26th, about three weeks from now!

18 Likes

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one

4 Likes

I’m not an avid spriter, but I decided to give this a shot. All of the sprites below used Batima’s as a base.
Alan Paladin Lance Paladin
These two were promoted into paladins! The little emblem on Alen’s cloak was based on his Cipher art while the cloak itself is from Igrene. I didn’t bother basing Lance’s design on Cipher though, so I just gave him Marcus’s armor.

Alan Wyvern Lance Wyvern
Now they’ve reclassed into wyvern riders! They’re wearing Milady and Gale’s armor respectively. I was surprised at how well Lance pulls off the wyvern look…

Full Submission
This is just all of the sprites compiled into one for the sake of voting. Looking forward to seeing what other people submit!

21 Likes

idea from a hack named fe6 weapon reversal
alan is an armor and lance is a pirate
Al
la

AAA

21 Likes

Not the hugest fan of the characters so i based mine on Batimas mug and the changes on other cavaliers, an age up, but not a drastic one, more of a “end of journey, promoted” age up.
Allan_older Lance_older
I used the Sacred Stones method of “speedy boi only has one shoulderpad cuz he is so fast” and gave the rest of Marcus armor to Alean (perhaps Marcus died and they split the armor) but kept the cavalier collar.
By the same reasoning i gave ‘The Tanky One’ Sains headband as it is his teachings he follows.
And lastly i made both of them try to grow Marcus iconic beard (to varying success).
And made their eyebrows the same color as their hair.
And then i wasnt allowed to post so i had time to make them even older
Allan_oldest Lance_oldest
Lance now has the right half of Marcus hair (getting rid of some of those bangs) and more of his own beard rather than trying to imitate marcus.
Alaen likewise has given up on reaching marcus’ level of facial hair.
Debated giving him a ponytail but it felt excessive and not contributing anything when he already has the hairband.
A+L=lessthan3_older

15 Likes

This is my first time making a sprite edit, but here goes.

Lancedesignfinal

(Not entirely sure if that’s properly formatted)
Using the mug by Batima as the base, I spliced Raven’s clothes and readded Lance’s shoulder piece with some extra lining. I was going to fix Raven’s chin and neck, but it made him look younger, so I decided to keep it and commit to a young look, giving him shorter hair.
Also, I toned down the colors, because I always thought Lance’s bright hair made him stick out too much.

It’s not that good, but this is my first time, and it turned out better than I thought it would, so it’s a personal win.

Good luck to everyone else.

10 Likes

Damn, 11 portraits in just two days. You guys are on fire! Great way to start the contest back up again!

6 Likes

Alance. Spliced from Batima’s portraits. F2E.
AL3
This was my first splice ever. The armor colors now match the hair ones in order to fit the palette.

15 Likes

Glad to see the CCC is back
anyway, here’s Lance and Alan Halfbodies
Lance halfbody Alan Halfbody

13 Likes

Cursed.

I love it!

2 Likes

I swear if this gets used for an MHA hack I will scream

5 Likes

So, Christmas cavs, eh?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WKa-jPjGJYS9M3AHRODyusBTDzs_nOL-?usp=sharing

12 Likes

I’m still crossing my fingers, hoping for even more submissions.

Surprised we haven’t gotten any genderbent christmas cavs yet!

2 Likes

Ask and you shall receive. It’s been awhile since I’ve done this, so sorry if the spites are a bit scruffy.

Female Allan Female Abel

Oh, and I finished these portraits just after the poll was put up. Oops. Anyways, have young Allan and Abel. All of these portraits are Free to Use/Free to Edit.

Young Allan Young Abel

15 Likes

alanlance
well…
alan2lance2
no longer red & green,but black & white.

26 Likes

image-1.png Made with BatimatheBat’s mug.
My submission! Not sure if this actually fits the guidelines on recognizability but it’s got lance’s armor and it’s a lance so I think it should be recognizable that it’s lance?

15 Likes

I don’t understand. Why did you submit Lance’s vanilla FE6 mug? You’re supposed to make edits to the mugs…

12 Likes

That’s a spear though.

7 Likes

Tried out making a helmet edit for Lance.
Lance helmet edit 2
Based the helmet off the one he wore for I think… 5 minutes in the manga?

13 Likes

All of these mugs look incredible! You guys are amazing and quite talented
There is only one day left till the contest ends! So if you want to submit, you’d better hurry up!

5 Likes