CCC - Character Compounding Contest! (Round Ten: Athena, Marisha and Erik)

Hello! Welcome to the New CCC!

The previous round was an inmense success so I hope you are looking foward to this one!

Taking @Klokinator 's old tradition, I let the winner choose 2 Characters for this CCC, while I choose 1 that complements them. Time to see what they have in store!

Welcome to the next round in the continuation of the previous CCC’s!

The goal of this contest is to take an existing character (posted at the bottom!) and reimagine, reinvent, or rework them into a new form! What sort of new form? Taking inspiration from FE Heroes and other similar media, you simply redesign the character in one of (but not limited to) the following ways:

• De-age or age up the character. Make them lively, or make them cranky.
  • Turn them into another character! These ‘cosplay’ edits are not limited to mainline FE games or fangames, you can even do characters from other series, TV, etc.
  • Give the character a new design! Make them jacked, give them cool armor, redesign them from scratch, or whatever your heart desires.
  • Genderbend them! Turn Norne into a boy, or Roshea into a girl! The possibilities here are endless!
  • RADICALLY redesign them: Make them into crazy demons, the Joker, Kirby(???), but try to keep the ‘essence’ of the original character in some way.
  • Heck, why not just take a regular character’s design and make them into a halfbody? That could be fun too!

This contest is very free-form. You come up with the character’s redesign and try your best to get people to vote for you!

Here are the rules:

1. All submissions to this contest will be F2U, or even F2E if the submitter is okay with that! This contest involves expanding the resources available for the Portrait Repository, so this is mandatory.
  2. Each round of the contest will feature two mugs; a male and a female character. (Unisex characters can count too; they take up the male or female slot at the host’s discretion)
  3. Artists may create an alternate outfit/design/etc for one or both characters, if they wish.
  4. You may submit multiple designs, if you wish. They will all count toward your one submission vote. (Voters will vote on all of the works you created for the two mugs at once)
  5. No pre-existing artwork! The point of this contest is to expand the repo, so we want new art. Also, it’s unfair to compete against artwork that may have had weeks or months of editing work put into it.
  6. Eye/mouth frames are preferable, but optional. They aren’t necessary, but it would be awesome if you included them!
  7. Characters must either be from Fire Emblem 1-16 (Or whatever the current new game ends up being) or one of the Fire Emblem spinoffs, such as Heroes.
  8. All characters must be sprited in GBA format!
    (Hackbox size is not necessary)
    (Halfbodies/fullbodies are A-OK!)
    (Do try to keep the color count at or below 16 though, that would be great)
  9. Submissions must at least somewhat resemble the original character! Even with the Demon Anna example earlier, it’s still possible to see that she looks like Anna; use that as the extreme guideline.

The winner of each round picks two mugs for the next round! If you want the community to work hard toward making designs for your favorite waifu/husbando, you’ll have to get that top vote!

This competition is very casual. It’s not intended to be a hardcore demonstration of spriting prowess or anything, though that can be fun, too. The primary purpose is to create lots of cool mugs for the community to use.

Here are the winners of the previous rounds:
Round One
Round Two
Round Three
Round Four
Round Five
Round Six
Round Seven
Round Eight
Round Nine
Here are some designs currently listed for each character.

Character 1: Athena from FE12. she has a mug in the repo, so she’s good to know what could be made!

Mug by @Nobody

Character 2: Marisha from the same continent, She doesn’t have any custom mugs currently, Lets change that!

Character 3: Erik, He has both blinking and FE8 Colored mugs in the repo, Perfect for less experienced spriters

Coloring by @EldritchAbomination

For those of you who aren’t sure quite confident on what sorts of designs you could make, here are the characters’ wiki-pages, complete with alternate designs and artwork.

Athena’s Gallery: Athena - Fire Emblem Wiki
Marisha’s Gallery: Marisha - Fire Emblem Wiki
Erik’s Gallery: Erik - Fire Emblem Wiki

Remember… really wild designs are amazing too! Let’s get some wild, extravagant, and unique character designs going! Reach into your imagination, and first place could be yours!

The deadline is on July 15th.

16 Likes

Allow me to fulfill that
First time participating on a contest like this so might as well bring my best,
here’s a Marisha both with the ponytail and without it (too lazy to create the minimug so if one of ya’ll can, I’ll also appreciate that :b)
might also be planning to submit a fullbody later on

25 Likes

Well… Plant beat me to it, but here:
Another Marshia
Marisha

This one I tried basing more from her FE3 artwork. Includes Frames AND Minimug.

Enjoy

19 Likes

Welp this took my whole afternoon to create :smiling_face_with_tear:
Well I may not have a minimug but atleast I have fullbodies to compensate
This is F2E btw

31 Likes

That’s it for my work,and I’m looking forward to seeing better works.
雅典娜(头像)马莉希亚(头像)

27 Likes

HTWE

Kerik
can u handle da wae the weight!
taste my sword!

18 Likes

erik3

heckerik2
lynerik
Here we have Elierik,Heckerik,lyerik in the hit fire erik the blazing erik
the blade from lyerik is from when lyn gets the Mani katti

17 Likes

You can submit as many mugs as you want. They all get counted for the vote. See: This round of the competition:

1 Like

ok thx for clarifying now I can have my Erik lords

4 Likes

erik as darin

The next Marquess Laus steps up with his dad’s armour and new facial hair! Let’s hope he doesn’t betray the Lycian League…

malica

Oops…it seems I misread the character prompt and made Malice instead. Well, they both start with Ma and are really cool, can’t fault me for that!

16 Likes

Older Erik, from FE6’s inevitable sequel, FE5.
EA5
EA5Alt1

Spliced from Lenh, Obsidian Daddy’s blinking portrait. I wasn’t sure whether to keep the original colors or not, so have both versions.

Edit: Compilation. All F2E.
Comp

17 Likes

Didn’t Erik die in FE6?

shhh, he lived, trust me

6 Likes

Here are my submissions for this contest;

Marisha with two variants, one with a brighter silver/blue hair sort of as a cross between her classic grey/silver hair colour and her FEDS blue hair colour and another variant with one more closer to the blue
FE Marisha
FE Marisha d

Next is Athena, I decided to try a different pose however looking at all her official arts realised no one actually agrees on how the back of her hair works. (is it a mega ponytail with a bunch of smaller hair pony tail tassles or is it only mini ponytail bits? Or are there really any ponytails at all and its just a bunch of hair strands?)
FE Athena

EDIT: Here have a Athena Halfbody as well
FE Athena Half Body

Finally a “Brave” Erik, his outfit is based on a cross of Darin’s armour and his FE6 armour. (All 3 of these mugs are all full customs, although it may not be as obvious with Erik). Looks almost kind of heroic like this and less sneaky.
FE Erik

EDIT:here also have a Erik Halfbody
FE Erik Half Body

EDIT EDIT: Updated the half body slightly on the far armguard (his right) and the near elbow guard (our right)

32 Likes

I like how Erik looks like he just heard you say some dumb shit and he’s itching to give you a good fist to the teeth.

7 Likes

nice half body

Reminder there is one week left for the contest to end!

2 Likes

Have some Erik fullbodies as well, we have:
"Ha! taste my lance Eliwood!"
and
"Bern is our future, There is no use in resisting…"
Since he has no official artwork, this is the closest I can imagine what he looks like
Both are F2E

19 Likes

Ah the Kent pose, I didn’t realise his shirt goes over his belt

2 Likes

Not sure how to express this, but your art reminds me of AdventureQuest in the best of ways

2 Likes