CCC - Character Compounding Contest! (Round Sixteenth: Camilla, Elise and Felicia)

Hello everyone and welcome to the sixteenth iteration of the CCC.
First, I wanted to thank everyone for continuing to support this format.
Then, I read and considered everyone’s feedback and quickly wanted to address some issues.
It seems the character choices for this round and maybe the previous ones I hosted aren’t unanimous. I’m sorry to learn this, I voluntarily forfeited the host’s right to choose the last character, so the community and winners are the ones who select the next characters, of course, they aren’t to blame.
It’s true I asked that the characters chosen follow a certain theme or have them linked with another character, which was the case for the older CCCs (Anna and Jake, Ephraim and Eirika, Nino and Jaffar, Elphin and Larum etc…) and have the format make a comeback to its roots of sorts, yet, if it limits creativity and removes any motivation for the artists, I’ll think of something else for the future. Thus I wanted to apologize if you have been disappointed in the recent rounds.
Furthermore, I already pointed it out last time, because they haven’t been any GBA characters in the last few rounds, if the winners don’t choose at least one of them, the third character options will be restricted to GBA characters. Hopefully, that way, even beginner artists can contribute more easily to the CCC.
I wish we can all, together, find ways to make this event more fun and memorable, thank you again for the feedback.

The goal of this contest is to take an existing character (posted at the bottom!) and reimagine, reinvent, or rework them into a new form! What sort of new form? Taking inspiration from FE Heroes and other similar media, you simply redesign the character in one of (but not limited to) the following ways:

• De-age or age up the character. Make them lively, or make them cranky.
  • Turn them into another character! These ‘cosplay’ edits are not limited to mainline FE games or fangames, you can even do characters from other series, TV, etc.
  • Give the character a new design! Make them jacked, give them cool armour, redesign them from scratch, or whatever your heart desires.
  • Genderbend them! Turn Nino into a boy, or Jaffar into a girl! The possibilities here are endless!
  • RADICALLY redesign them: Make them into crazy demons, the Joker, Kirby(???), but try to keep the ‘essence’ of the original character in some way.
  • Why not just take a regular character’s design and make them into a halfbody? That could be fun too!

This contest is very free-form. You come up with the character’s redesign and try your best to get people to vote for you!

THE RULES
  1. All submissions to this contest will be F2E! This contest involves expanding the resources available for the Portrait Repository, so this is mandatory.
  2. Each round of the contest will feature three mugs.
  3. Artists may create an alternate outfit/design/etc for one or multiple characters, if they wish.
  4. You may submit multiple designs, if you wish. They will all count toward your one submission vote. (Voters will vote on all of the works you created for the three mugs at once)
  5. No pre-existing artwork! The point of this contest is to expand the repo, so we want new art. Also, it’s unfair to compete against artwork that may have had weeks or months of editing work put into it.
  6. Eye/mouth frames are preferable, but optional. They aren’t necessary, but it would be awesome if you included them!
  7. Characters must either be from Fire Emblem 1-17 (Or whatever the current new game ends up being) or one of the Fire Emblem spinoffs, such as Heroes.
  8. All characters must be sprited in GBA format!
    (Hackbox size is not necessary)
    (Halfbodies/fullbodies are A-OK!)
    (Do try to keep the colour count at or below 16 though, that would be great)
  9. Submissions must at least somewhat resemble the original character! Even with the Demon Anna example earlier, it’s still possible to see that she looks like Anna; use that as the extreme guideline.

First and Second Place each pick one character for the next round.
Then the community gets to vote on the third character they want to see as well!
However, the third character options will be based on the first place’s choice.

This competition is very casual. It’s not intended to be a hardcore demonstration of spriting prowess or anything, though that can be fun, too. The primary purpose is to create lots of cool mugs for the community to use.

PREVIOUS CONTEST WINNERS

Round One
Round Two
Round Three
Round Four
Round Five
Round Six
Round Seven
Round Eight
Round Nine
Round Ten
Round Eleven
Round Twelve
Round Thirteen
Round Fourteen
Round Fifteen

Here are some designs currently listed for each character.

Character 1: Camilla, the Bewitching Beauty, the oldest princess of Nohr

Camilla (CanDY)Camilla {SteamingTofu}B!Camilla_FEH (Mrkisuke)
Camilla (Jey the Count)Camilla Alt 1 (Jey the Count)Camilla Alt 2 (Jey the Count)Camilla Fair Pirate (Jey the Count)Camilla Flower of Fantasy (Jey the Count)Camilla Holiday Traveler (Jey the Count)Camilla Light of Nohr (Jey the Count)Camilla Spring Princess (Jey the Count)Camilla Steamy Secrets (Jey the Count)Camilla Tropical Beauty (Jey the Count)

The first three were made by @CanDy, @SteamingTofu and @Mrkisuke respectively while the last ten were done by the hard work of @JeyTheCount

Character 2: Elise, the Budding Flower, the youngest princess of Nohr

Elise Draft Final

Credits to @Hugin

Character 3: Felicia, the Maid Mayhem, at the service of Nohr’s royalty

Felicia {Jey the Count}

Credits once more to @JeyTheCount

For those of you who aren’t quite sure about what sorts of designs you could make, here are the characters’ wiki-pages, complete with alternate designs and artwork.

Camilla’s Gallery: Camilla/Gallery | Fire Emblem Wiki | Fandom
Elise’s Gallery: Elise/Gallery | Fire Emblem Wiki | Fandom
Felicia’s Gallery: Felicia/Gallery | Fire Emblem Wiki | Fandom

Remember… really wild designs are amazing too! Let’s get some wild, extravagant, and unique character designs going! Reach into your imagination, and the first place could be yours!

The deadline is the 15th of March 2023.

4 Likes

Since I’ve already did Camilla and Felicia, here’s Elise.

14 Likes

For Camilla, I offer you a young alt based off her fan design from the fan-made Concubine Wars by MaxHP on YouTube, complete with Corrin alt because I realized while spriting her that they have similar hairstyles.

Young_Camilla(tiara)CanDyYoung_Camilla(tiara)CorrinaltCanDyYoung_CamillaCanDyYoung_CamillaCorrinaltCanDy}

14 Likes

amema003 - Felicia Beta
Felicia’s early concept art design. Not bad for my first mostly-freehanded sprite. F2E.

9 Likes

We’ve got no trouble.
JiroPaiPai- Noble Felicia

10 Likes

Maid troop
卡米拉(头像)艾丽斯(头像)菲利希亚

26 Likes

Welcome to the 16th round of CCC voting!

Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Round 1: 44 entries submitted by 21 contestants.
Round 2: 21 entries submitted by 13 contestants.
Round 3: 34 entries submitted by 14 contestants.
Round 4: 49 entries submitted by 15 contestants. The biggest round yet!
Round 5: 39 entries submitted by 13 contestants.
Round 6: 20 entries submitted by 9 contestants.
Round 7: 12 entries submitted by 7 contestants.
Round 8: 24 entries submitted by 10 contestants.
Round 9: 26 entries submitted by 19 Contestants
Round 10: 24 entries submitted by 10 Contestants
Round 11: 20 entries submitted by 12 Contestants
Round 12: 25 entries submitted by 10 Contestants
Round 13: 11 entries submitted by 4 Contestants
Round 14: 11 entries submitted by 5 Contestants
Round 15: 16 entries submitted by 5 Contestants
Round 16: 17 entries submitted by 5 Contestants

Today’s vote is for your favourite Camilla, Elise, or Felicia!

Pick your favourite contestants! Vote for everyone you like!

0 voters

Who will win? This poll will conclude in a few days! Let’s get to voting! Pick as many as you like!

1 Like

Holy shit RedBean, you really outdid yourself with these. I can tell you experimented a bit, and it really payed of. The colors and poses really pop. Fantastic work!

2 Likes

Thank you for your praise,BuskHusker.
But I look forward to your artworks more than my works.
Don’t know if we have a chance to see it? Even if this round is over.

2 Likes

I’ll participate in another round in the future (hopefully next round if I like the characters), right now I’m just taking time away from art to focus on other things is all.

2 Likes

@RedBean wins once again, with @JeyTheCount taking the second place.
The characters for the next round haven’t been decided yet however it’s not an issue because the next round will only begin on May the first.
Rather than having another round during the month of April, I’ll make a post with various polls regarding the CCC, whether it be the number of characters being featured each round or how long the voting period will last, you’ll be able to vote and actively change this format for the best. This break will also allow artists to rest because each time a round ended, shortly after, a new round began and it might have been asking too much of them, and I would like to apologize for that.
Therefore, when you’ll vote on the length of each round, please consider the artists as well if you aren’t one yourself.
With this being stated, I’ll announce the characters for the next round here, as well as the vote for the third character, they will be under this post and not the one I’ll post in April.
I wish you all a nice day.

5 Likes

The characters for the next round have been chosen, round 17 will feature Alear and Yunaka from Fire Emblem Engage!
imageimageimage

You can now choose which character will accompany them, here are your options:

Pick your favourite Fire Emblem Engage newcomer!
  • Alfred
  • Etie
  • Louis
  • Citrinne
  • Zelkov
  • Fogado
  • Merrin
  • Panette
  • Goldmary
  • Seadall

0 voters

The next round will begin on May the first 2023

If you haven’t yet, please check out the CCC Community Survey, there you can select different parameters or rules that will be applied in the next rounds, you have until the 30th of April to vote, don’t miss this chance!

I wish you all a wonderful day and happy Easter everyone!

4 Likes