FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Hello, was wondering how I would go about removing gaiden requirements with FEbuilder, specifically in FE7
for Chapter E22x/H23x “Genesis”. I would like to remove the experience requirement and just leave the recruit “Hawkeye” as the only condition if possible. Pls and thx.

The quick and dirty way is to go into the event editor/end event and copy this conditional ASM number for Hawkeye into the other conditional (So it just checks if he’s alive/recruited twice). I tested it to make sure it worked, and got the side quest with max level units and Hector only getting a few EXP from a Knight.

Genesis

KainDarkfire thank you very much, I just checked if it worked. It did flawlessly, with 0 exp earned.
Sorry if it was a dumb or obvious thing, I am new to this whole hacking thing.
Again thanks for all your help.

1 Like

Not at all, the only reason I titled the file that was because my idea was too dumb not to work, which happens often in coding, whether some people want to admit it or not. :rofl: It was certainly not a jab at you or your question

Відео без назви — зроблено у Clipchamp
Editing “MISS!” graphics is fine, but “NO DAMAGE!” causes this glitch. What can be the problem?

Links to Free Resources
the ngmansion is dead, so we are moving our links collection here.

Graphics
FE-Repo

The Ultimate Graphics Repository for GBAFE, FEXP, and FEXNA

Spell Animation Archive/Let’s Have More of Them Project

Sound
FE-Repo-Music

Song7z

ASM
GBAFE Assembly for Dummies, by Dummies

Discussion
FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

FE ResourceRepo Channel

Create Report Issue

This is a tool for easily reporting problems you run into so that someone more experienced may help debug your issue.

StepA1
Select “Menu” → “File” → “Create Report Issue”.

StepA 2
Please click the “Start” button.

StepA3
Please write a detailed, specific explanation. If you are vague, we may not understand you.

StepA 4
i.imgur.com_sqzdedq.jpg

Please write your issue within the red frame, ensuring that you go into great detail on exactly how to reproduce the problem. Please also savestate shortly before the bug and/or have a save file that can easily reproduce the bug.

Please use the green highlighted box to optionally attach other files that may be relevant. Note that your save file and savestates are included automatically. For example, issues with a custom battle animation should include the assets you imported. Similarly, when problems occur with portraits, other images, or anything external that you inserted, you must include those files for us to be able to help you. Often nothing extra is needed, so it can be left blank in that case.

After entering the information, please push the next button.

StepA 5

FEBuilderGBA automatically looks for the unmodified ROM from the current directory, but if it cannot find your vanilla ROM, then you must specify the filepath to it.

Please press the create button to start creating the report.7z.

StepA 6
Please wait as it processes, as it takes a little while.

FEBuilderGBA creates a .ups patch of your current ROM along with patches of a few of your backups that share the same base ROM name. It then compresses it into a 7z package.

StepA 7
A report.7z file was created on your computer. Please share it to feuniverse.us or via discord so that we may help.

Please note that there is no illegal ROM in this file - only .ups is stored.
In addition, your computer’s username is protected as all instances of filepaths in the log are edited. For example, the path c:\users\who\ replaces %USER% in the febuilder debugging log.

You can ask for assistance via the Discord link below. Click here for details.
discord FEU

commentary on report.7z
I will explain the information stored in report.7z.

A
It is ups data of the current ROM.
This is the target to fix.

B
It is a save file of the emulator.
If save files of VBA and mGBA exist, they are stored.

C
If you make all backups ups, it takes a lot of time, so we have backed up samples of the following generations.

int olderPickup = new int {0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 60, 80, 100, 140, 180, 250, 300, 400, 600, 800, 1000};
D
Paths such as c:\users\who\ in the log are converted to %USER%.
At the end of the log, the symptoms of the bug, the version of FEBuilderGBA, the version of the game etc. are listed.

E
If you have the attached file, it will be stored here.

F
The etc directory stores the names of comments and flags set during development.

A lot of files are stored, but due to the high compression of 7z, the file size will be smaller than one uncompressed ups.

FAQ
Q1
Why do I need to create report7z?

Answer:
Because it is to reliably reproduce the your problem and restore it.
It is the same as a medical doctor examining a patient.
Medical doctor can not treat without examining them.

report7z contains all the information necessary to reproduce your problem.
Therefore, we can accurately reproduce your problem and fix it.

Q2
Why do I need report7z instead of bulletin board exchange?

Answer:
Because It is to shorten the time.
We live in different time zones.
Therefore, it takes time to check the parameters on the bulletin board.
Also, we can not give accurate advice unless we can confirm your status.
To solve this problem at once, report7z was created.

Q3
Does report7z include ROM?

Answer:
No.
Illegal ROM is not included at all.
Report7z contains only ups patches.

Q4
Does report7z include my personal information?

Answer:
No.
Because the mask processing is executed in the log included in report7z, your personal information is not included.
The path of FEBuilderGBA is replaced by %BASEDIR%.
The user’s home directory is replaced with %USER%.

Conversion example
c:\users\foo\Desktop\FEBuilderGBA\roms\target.gba

%BASEDIR%/roms/target.gba

c:\users\foo\roms\target.gba

%USER%/roms/target.gba

Q5
Where should I send report7z?

If the file arrives, any method will do.
Please send it as you like.
Discord NGMantion / Discord FEU / FEU thread / send DM 7743 / Other Methods

discord FEU

discord NGMantion
https://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=column:discord_chat

FEU Thread

Q6
How can I send report7z?

Answer:
Either way is fine.
As mentioned earlier, since ROM and personal information are not included, there is no problem with any method.

Send the file with discord.
send a file with discord DM.
Post it on the uploader and contact the URL.
Upload to dropbox and contact URL
Upload to firefox send and contact URL

Please send in your favorite way.

Vedeo
PentV: How to create a report.7z file in FEBuilder

2 Likes

Hello, I am playing fire emblem the binding blade but i have a problem : i forget the 5 limited supports converstion
I wanted a A rank for Roy and Lilina but now i can’t 'cause Roy habe support with others characters like Wolf and Allen.
Someone said that i can fix it with FE builder GBA
Somebody knows how?

There is no patch for FE6.
FE8 has it, but FE6 does not.
You can achieve this by forcefully rewriting RAM with debugger, but it requires knowledge of GBAFE’s SUPPORT.

this has been a longstanding issue so I wanted to see if it could be fixed, thanks for the look regardless! :pray:

0A:Ch9 Lights in the Dark

There is no data for chapter 9.

I had data for chapter 7, so I tried to load chapter 7 and press Ctrl+U to move on, but it hung up on the EndEvent LOMA.
How can i check your glitch?
Please attach the sav data for this.

Apologies for the confusion, there’s a way of accessing chapter 9 almost instantly from prologue but I should have realized it wasn’t obvious. Here’s a .sav for chapter 9

The game freezes when the support limit is set to 4 (+1) or any number that isn’t 184 and when next the support option is supposed to appear, or when going to the ‘unit’ screen.
This is easiest seen in chapter nine since Sal and Fidem get a support immediately upon deployment.

not reproduce.
How can I reproduce it?

Currently the support limit is set to 184, setting it to 4 in the patches menu will freeze the game when the two units are next to each other, at least for mGBA

I was able to reproduce it.
This is because 0x02833E is rewritten in the “Change support conversation to 5 people instead of 5 times (By Aera)” patch.
This patch and “Modify Maximum Number Of Supports” rewrite the same place, so they are incompatible.
Only one of the patches can be used.
In this case, “Change support conversation to 5 people instead of 5 times (By Aera)” is installed, so do not use “Modify Maximum Number Of Supports”.

NAME.en=Change support conversation to 5 people instead of 5 times(By Aera)
INFO.en=Change support conversation to 5 people instead of 5 times.\r\nYou will be able to talk a total of 5 * 2 times = 10 + 1 time.\r\nHowever, only one person can do Support Level A.

vs

NAME.en=Modify Maximum Number Of Supports
INFO.en=The number of possible support conversations is the value set +1.\r\nThe maximum possible number in the field is 9 for a total of 10 Support Conversations.\r\n
ADDRESS=0x02833E 0x02834E

Ahhh I see now thank you for the insight! It’s been bugging me for a while!

How long does the downloader take after it starts to “extracts” the files?

There are about 50,000 files, so it takes quite a bit of time.
This has been pushed up the number of files by successive generations of SkillSystems.
I think it will be about 10 minutes at the most.

I used the 3 Promotion Branches patch, but how do I assign palettes to a character in their third promoted class? Let’s say I have a trainee class that promotes to Mercenary, Fighter, or Soldier. When I go to edit the character’s palettes, Soldier and its promotions aren’t visible.

You just have to set the classes yourself.