The Ultimate Graphics Repository for GBAFE, FEXP, and FEXNA

Sister Topic: Unified Hacking Dropbox, primarily for ASM hacks.

Note: This repo includes Animations, Mugs, Map Sprites, and a whole bunch of other hacking and graphic related things. Basically anything I could stuff in it. The old topics are basically outdated for good at this point and often have dead links.

I have assembled not only all the custom animations from SF and FEU, but all the vanilla GBA Animations as well. That means all repalettes, all animation fixes, all gender variants, armored, non-armored, the weird ones, the ugly ones, and the ones made by Bwdyeti. (Note: This means the ones he’s made F2U, not the ones exclusive to FEXP/FEXNA)

DOWNLOAD LINK Version 1.0

#Notice: This website is still in beta and incomplete. We currently have all of the animations available, but it will take time to make the site look nice and neat. Please be patient while Shin finishes its design.

A note on Japanese Animations

The Japanese community, as a whole, views their sprites, hacks, and etc as free to use. They have a different outlook on resources than we here in the Western World do. This is evidenced by our very own Misaka, who originally migrated here from the Japanese community.

Diplomacy with the Japanese Fire Emblem Hacking Community

The topic’s kinda long, but here are the bullet points.

https://i.imgur.com/X75BvrT.png
https://i.imgur.com/Oq3DfTq.png

This is probably the most relevant thing.

https://i.imgur.com/vjnW9ku.png

To summarize: The Japanese community will usually see their sprites, code, etc as free to use. They have a more community oriented viewpoint than the West does. That being said, while things may be free to use, they do want to be credited properly for their animations. It can be hard to find exact creator’s from their community, so crediting “The FE7if Hack Developers” is generally sufficient. If possible, going the extra mile is always appreciated. Where possible, I list individual creators for JP animations.

However, taking animations from English Hacks without permission is frowned on. If you see something you want, message the hack creator. They will probably say no, but better to be safe than sorry.

Animation Directory (Finished products ONLY)
[FE8] Fire Emblem: The Heroes We Deserve
Shin's Stuff - Mostly Emblem-Anims
The Grand Library of FEU [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]
[FE8] Fire Emblem: Legends of Avenir
Request for Sprite
Spell Animation Archive/Let's Have More of Them Project

Bounty List: These are animations, map sprites, or class cards needed to fill holes or that exist but aren’t formatted properly.

Map Sprites

#Currently all known map sprites that have been created are formatted properly. If I find more, I will add them!

Here is a list of map sprites that need to be created from scratch to fill existing holes. Many classes lack map sprites, so filling these in will help give a lot of iffy classes more options for map sprites.

Map Sprites

Berserker M Sword (Very low priority)
Warrior F (Again, I have the FEGirls one but am looking for an alternate)

Amelia T1 Infantry (The promotion to her 0 Tier)
Armorknight DS Style (I think there might be a map sprite for this one but I don’t have it)
Halberdier Old Version (Pre-2.0 version, I feel like this exists and I’m just missing it)
Female Soldier
Archer Lord by Yangfly (Very low priority)
Hunter by Deranger
Lyn-based Archer
Female Ranger (If this exists, I can’t find it. I do have a Rebecca Ranger variant, but that’s all.)

Black Knight by Cipher Lee (Very low priority)
Female Cavalier: Sword and Bow (Optional, but would be nice to have)
Male Cavalier: Lance and Bow (Okay maybe I’m just lazy because the Lance has to exist, right?)
Female Paladin: Bow and Staff (Sword is in the Bounty List images, ready to be formatted)
Male Paladin: Sword/Axe/Bow/Staff (Compared to the female, the male is woefully bare)

Pegasus Rider M (We do have the females ofc, but no male map sprite)
Wicked Flier by Alfred Kamon

Fencer by Gabrielknight (This may have a map sprite in the Shatterlight ROM, I haven’t checked)
Karina from TLP (Probably in the ROM, dunno, haven’t checked)
Marth Lord (Japanese)
Marth Lord (PwnageKirby)
Squire Lord (This guy)

Bandana Bishop and Monk
Battle Sage M/F (Japanese)
Empath Healer (Alusq’s Healer)
FE4 Druid
Gabrielknight’s Alt Mage/Sage
Gaiden-Style Sage (Golden Sage)
Micaiah Light Mage
Female Necromancer
Generic Hooded Necromancer
Female Pupil
Sister
Male Valkyrie (Templar)(I probably have these map sprites since I have the male troub ones, but I can’t find them)

Succubus (Extremely low priority)

Additionally, this is the Bounty List for battle animations.

Zephiel w/Many weapons by Hairyblob2 on Deviantart.

FE10 Knight: Made by Zomaixee from FEPlanet, AKA Zoa from Serenes. Needs formatting. Missing critical frames, disarmed frames, and handaxe frames.

Skinnyzerker by Zomaxie: Needs formatting. Missing critical attack frames.

Serragirl’s Female Merc: It not only needs formatting, so do the map sprites.

Gabrielknight’s Female Bard from FE6: Needs formatting, including the map sprites.

Serra Cleric with Sword by Raiden

Serra Mercenary by Raiden

Serra Thief by Raiden

Partial Female Pirate by Furious Squid - It’s something to start with!

Here’s another partial FemPirate, though I don’t know who to credit. It’s in my ‘permission granted’ folder so I must have asked someone at some point and gotten permission. If anyone knows who this belongs to, let me know.

Nice! Really excited to see this go live, as I’m missing quite a few animations due to dead links and the like.

[quote=“Klokinator, post:1, topic:3326”]
Anything in Folders 12 and 13 (English and Japanese hacks) are not considered F2U, and you need to contact the animation creators before using them.
[/quote]Then they shouldn’t be there. like, at all. :\

“i wanna add people’s hard built anims that I don’t have permission to use!”

To some extent, yes, more available animations means more people will try to do things, but it’s really quite the opposite of polite; especially since a fair number of the animations from those hacks are… specific to those hacks and are obviously intended only for their usage.

That’s fair.

Why don’t you just use google drive?

Dropbox is perfect. If it weren’t for the bandwidth issue, I’d use it and nothing else.

I’m thinking of what it can do for this topic specifically.

1. I post a link to the dropbox folder.
  2. When someone views it, they can click on Gifs and stuff, and see preview images of said images to see what the class looks like.
  3. People can download the entire repository from dropbox all at once, individual folders, or individual files. It offers robust options.
  4. I can easily drag and drop updates to the dropbox on my own pc, not having to open up a website and a clunky interface.

The first two are great. The third is where the bandwidth limits come in. See, I’ve already had my dropbox bandwidth max out yesterday. If it happens again, I get a three day ban preventing people from viewing my links. Another time and it’s a one week to thirty day ban. Again, and it’s a permaban.

I’m thinking I’ll offer the dropbox link like before, begging people only to use it to download small folders. Then, I can post a separate link to a mediafire download of the entire repository.

The problem is, with my 4th option above, Mediafire and other providers conflict with that. Every time I make changes, I’ll have to reupload the entiiiire repository, but my internet isn’t the greatest. Only 12 mbps up/down.

I’ve been looking into other options, but I don’t know what would serve those four purposes. If Google Drive works, I’ll use it. I just don’t know if it does.

mash buttons to praise klok

k but actually tho you’re doing god’s work

edit: must praise pikmin and sd as well

You’re probably right, but Pikmin and SD9K offered a lot of help. SD9K repaired around a dozen broken animations, and Pikmin helped out with a few and had backups for the majority of the sprite links that went dead.

'twas not a solo project!

̶ ̶’̶T̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶m̶p̶ ̶a̶c̶r̶o̶s̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶n̶d̶. ̶ ̶

Should I contribute my female mercenary (with axe) animation? I am not sure whether I would consider it complete yet or not, as its only appearance is in [FE7] Duo Geno Escapo, but other than that, I think it is finished, but it might need some finishing touches or more… professional critiquing.

If you think it’s good enough to submit, by all means!

However, you could hop on the FEU discord server and ask the spriters if it needs fixing or anything else. Is that animation based on the one I posted for the Serenes bounty list back when I ran the thread?

I should have the falco knight with staff and paladin map sprites formatted. I’ll post them here when I get home if I do.

Otherwise just rip them from the most recent SGW patch. I know I used at least the falco staff and lance paladin, not sure about the sword.

All of that can be done with google drive.
You can share the folder and anyone will be able to download any subfolder as they please as a zip,
When you click on a gif you see it without the need to download it or open a new tab, and with the google drive desktop app you can set a folder to autosync

I have the horse and fem-Paladin lance formatted properly on my other drive. I can post their post-formatted images within the next week most likely.

Well, shit. I’ll use that then.

No, I used the male mercenary (with sword) animation(from vanilla FE), added longer hair, changed the weapon into an axe(using a smaller variation of the fighter’s axe, I believe), and changed the leg-wear to a skirt.

Ah, so it’ll have a degree of variation. Gotcha, good to know.

Contains the horse, ice dragon, staff falco knight, and I believe the two missing female paladins. Didn’t remember I did the horse and Ice Dragon.

Let me know if there are any issues.

What a legend!

Edit: Still missing a few. I added them to the Bounty List.

Google Drive is slow as molasses. There are 108,000 files in my drive, and it took 6 hours to do 50k of them. That probably sounds like a lot of files, but in total the entire folder is 250mb on disk and 600mb total storage. My internet is slow, but it’s not that slow.

When I used Dropbox to upload my repository for SD9K, it only took 35 minutes to upload the entire thing. 6 hours in and Google Drive is only half done. I can certainly say that the storage may be superior, but the speed is inferior.

I’ll leave it to upload tonight and see if it’s done by tomorrow. Other than renaming map sprites, adding spell animations, and giving credit to authors, I’m almost done!