FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

I was able to reproduce it.
This is because 0x02833E is rewritten in the “Change support conversation to 5 people instead of 5 times (By Aera)” patch.
This patch and “Modify Maximum Number Of Supports” rewrite the same place, so they are incompatible.
Only one of the patches can be used.
In this case, “Change support conversation to 5 people instead of 5 times (By Aera)” is installed, so do not use “Modify Maximum Number Of Supports”.

NAME.en=Change support conversation to 5 people instead of 5 times(By Aera)
INFO.en=Change support conversation to 5 people instead of 5 times.\r\nYou will be able to talk a total of 5 * 2 times = 10 + 1 time.\r\nHowever, only one person can do Support Level A.

vs

NAME.en=Modify Maximum Number Of Supports
INFO.en=The number of possible support conversations is the value set +1.\r\nThe maximum possible number in the field is 9 for a total of 10 Support Conversations.\r\n
ADDRESS=0x02833E 0x02834E

Ahhh I see now thank you for the insight! It’s been bugging me for a while!

How long does the downloader take after it starts to “extracts” the files?

There are about 50,000 files, so it takes quite a bit of time.
This has been pushed up the number of files by successive generations of SkillSystems.
I think it will be about 10 minutes at the most.

I used the 3 Promotion Branches patch, but how do I assign palettes to a character in their third promoted class? Let’s say I have a trainee class that promotes to Mercenary, Fighter, or Soldier. When I go to edit the character’s palettes, Soldier and its promotions aren’t visible.

You just have to set the classes yourself.

The character should be able to promote to all three, right?

A unit can have 7 different palettes at most, even vanilla trainees have it like that if you look. The simplest workaround for that is to make the class’s generic palette fit the unit, as is done for trainees. You can make a new class that uses a copy of the animation with the fitting palette, but this wastes some extra space. Or you can use the “unique animation” patch, but this just makes it so you don’t need a new class, you’ll still waste space for the animation.

How can I change a character’s class on FE8? I wanted to have Moulder as a Monk so:

I changed Moulder’s class on the chapter previews, on the chapter editors, on the character editor, on the unit palette editor, but he’s still a Priest (with a Staff and not a Lightning tome) in game…

So if someone can tell me what I miss, it would be great, thanks!

EDIT: I would like to share screen but I can’t

1 Like

In particular for Moulder and Vanessa their proper appearances are in the Castle Frelia map nearer to the bottom of the list of chapters.

1 Like

Ok it worked, thanks a lot!

1 Like

What is the image address for the fighter standing map animations? I accidentally copied over it.

Just open an unmodified rom and get it from there.

Hi guys, how do I remove those HP leftovers-like on the HUD? They also appear on an unedited rom and on the mGBA/VBA emulators

I think that’s actually a vanilla game bug. It happens when you start a new game, but goes away after you restart. I dunno if anyone found a fix for it?

1 Like

Didn’t remember that was a vanilla game thing but you’re right, I’ve just checked some recorded GBA footage on YouTube and saw that glitch

It’s funny because before posting my comment with the screenshot, I didn’t remember it at all (well I’m european so maybe it wasn’t here on those versions?), and I didn’t found any topic/forum/wiki talking about or mentioning it, so I was sure it was an emulator quirck or something

Thanks for the answer anyway!

1 Like

And now sorry to bother again, but how can I force melee animation for throwing axes? Like the javelin that got different animation when used melee or ranged

Because I use the FEBuilder I know that lances use one animation file when axes use two (one for melee, one for ranged). Like that screen:

So because of that, I know it would probably difficult to patch it… But if someone got clues or ideas on how to do it that would be great! Every topic I found about the throwing axes weapon issue or patch ideas weren’t about forcing melee (it was on the contrary to force ranged animation for sword/spear) so I didn’t found any answer

EDIT: I guess that putting melee and ranged axe animation in “one block” (as the lance and sword animation) could work? But I don’t know anything yet about modding or creating .bin file or .dmp (frame data) file

Are there any plans to add a feature to mass import and export the stats of characters and classes of a ROM in .XML format?

If this was done, anyone could set up a Python Script to edit these XML files and then reimport them all. Great for runs where you want 0% growths for player units, or to multiply or divide growths or other numbers by a number, or change the movement of all classes in the game to one number if mounted and one other number if not mounted, whatever anyone wants.

Whenever I want to edit animations that already have existing frames, I click on the Editor of the animation I want to change.

In this case, open the editor for the axe animation (A5) and the ranged axe animation (A6) in order to port the A6 ranged animation to the A5 ranged animation. You should be able to just copy and paste every single frame and effect in the “Ranged attack animation” and “Ranged critical animation” sections over to the A5 animation. It’s tedious, but it does work in my experience. Then if you want you can export the newly edited A5 animation (make sure after clicking export, you change the file from whatever the default is to"Dump All" instead of just the bin file or whatever it exports as). Just know that this method means you’ll have to repeat this for every class that uses axes.

Sorry about not having any screenshots, I’m away from my PC till next week so I can’t give step by step instructions with visuals until then, but feel free to ask more questions if you need any help.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer!

Ok I’ve tested it with a method similar to you (slightly different):

• Create an empy folder
  • Export Melee axe animation
  • Save as “Battle animation There is a comment” and name it MeleeAxe
  • Export Range axe animation
  • Save as “Battle animation There is a comment” and name it RangeAxe
  • On the same folder create a .txt file and name it BothAxe
  • Open the three .txt files and copy the MeleeAxe text and paste it in the BothAxe file
  • Copy the two lines at “Mode 11” section (standing pose at long range) and paste it in the BothAxe file
  • Copy the entire “Mode 5” and “Mode 6” sections and paste it in the BothAxe file then save
  • Go to the ranged axe animation, then click on import then chose the BothAxe file

And voilà! I did it to all axe users on FE7 and FE8, it took me like 1 minut per character, so it was pretty fast (tutorial with pictures https://imgur.com/a/JyKus9E !)

Now when I use a Iron Axe or an Handaxe at melee range:

• The standing animation works
  • The attack animation works
  • The critical attack animation works
  • The miss animation works
  • The damage taken animation works
  • The dodge animation works

And when I use an Handaxe at ranged:

• The standing animation works
  • The attack animation works
  • The critical attack animation works
  • The miss animation works
  • The damage taken animation works
  • The dodge animation do not works…

I mean it doesn’t freeze the game or anything, but the handaxe transforms into a axe during dodge frames, then reverts to an handaxe immediately afterwards

Well since almost everything works like a charm I wont complain haha

1 Like