Runa Does an ASM

(a.k.a Runa Does A THUMB and Saves the GBA Hacking Community [featuring Zane from FE5 hacking])
This thread probably won’t be used much, but I’ll put what I have here!

All ASM posted is free to use and edit (unless stated otherwise), with credit to Runa or unuesu.

[FE8] Personal Info Page

Personal Info Page

LastHeavenlyThrone-27 screentime

This gives the fourth page of Modular Stat Screen personal information determined by character number in a separate CSV. Units with no first like (text ID 0x0000) will not have a personal info page.

Download can be found here. Make sure to give credit to @Snakey1 as well!

Make sure to pick up @Scraiza’s Narrow Font Installer for the current layout, found here!
Scraiza's Crazy ASM

[FE8] Split Char Desc by EID

Split Char Desc by EID

(ignore the terrible post time-skip mug, it’s only a test :O)

Changes the character description getter to grab a separate textID based on whether an EID is set. The textIDs are kept in a CSV separate from the character table. This is only conditional for one EID, as this was intended to be used for a time-skip only. If anybody wishes to make this more viable/modular, go right ahead!

Download can be found here!

[FE8] “Skill-less” Skill System

I am not to be held responsible for anything wrong that happens with this, it sucks.

SkillsTest-2

Sorry @Pikmin1211, I couldn’t hear you over my innovation.
This is the worst thing I have ever made. This is absolutely horrible. Please don’t use this. I made this in ten minutes and I make no guarantees on how well it works because it’s stupid.

Buuuuuuuuuut if you really wanna use it…
This is a modification for Modular Stat Screen that removes skills from the first page. That’s all it does. Skills still exist, they’re just not shown anymore. Of course, if you use something like a Modular Minimug Box that shows skills, it’ll still show the skills, but why would you do that??? This is for hacks that “don’t want skills” but still want all the juicy QoL that comes with Skill System.

Download can be found here, put it in the Modular Stat Screen folder under StrMagSplit. If you wanna use this with FEBuilderGBA, use skill_custom_build. FEBuilderGBA and MSS do not work well together, and I’m too lazy to push this into the Skill System repo.

If you want leadership stars or a version without Str/Mag, there’s none available but I will gladly bodge one if you seriously want it but at the same time I’ll also ask why you’re using this it’s not good???

[FE8] Vanilla-Acting Pierce/Luna, Great Shield, and Sure Shot/Sure Strike

Made this in five minutes because Zoi dumb, if it doesn't work, oops!

No picture, because I’m lazy. I made this in five minutes. Does it work?

Luna, Great Shield and Sure Shot now use a level-based percentage condition instead of their original conditions. These new files replace the old skills, but I’m sure you could just put them in as new skills if you really wanted. I didn’t test if they worked, proc skills are lame and I’m too lazy to run them through a debugger. Y’all can be my guinea pigs, message me if it doesn’t work. Download link here.

32 Likes

Pretty amazing. Now we just need more than one line for weapons(I know it has to do with memorylimitations, but it would still be cool to somehow get past)and everything I would have ever wanted would be in gba.

1 Like

Looks interesting. I’d say it would be great for adding flavor to your player characters. Does it just have a generic thing for enemies and npcs? Or would you have to go about resolving that later?

1 Like

I am trying to work on something from @Snakey1’s support rework, to make the fourth page only appear for those with personal information.

2 Likes

Nice to hear. I like this innovative wizardry. Maybe I’ll try to learn something to provide one day.

1 Like

Wow Runa this is actually pretty cool! Loving the ASM.

3 Likes

UPDATE!
The Personal Info page will now no longer display if a unit has their first like set to 0x0000.
screentime
Download link has been updated to include these files, and can be found in the top post.
Please make sure to credit @Snakey1 for this addition as well! This code is based off his Support Rework, which can be found here:

13 Likes

Aw no need to credit. Not a huge contribution from my end at all lol. Nice going getting the system working!

3 Likes

What does that snow thing come from? Am I reading too much into a placeholder line of text about this random MageDiabolist boss? (I probably am.) But I’m interested in knowing more about this guy. First of all, where does he get those nice Renault-recolor robes?

He got them from Laurent LaCroix Boutique, of course!

2 Likes

This is a nice addition Runa. I’m wondering why nobody made a similar thing before.

1 Like

Hello, is there any conflict with any patch on febuilder yet? What about skill system and ex modular save?
Do you know if you can make it compatable with febuilder? If you can please are you willing to do it?
Otherthan those questions this is a good work and I am looking forward to use it, good job!

1 Like

It’s a difficult part because MSS is involved.
Because MSS is a single program, it is difficult to rewrite only a part.
Since it is rewritten by SkillSystems, it cannot be overwritten twice.

If this hack is integrated into SkillSystems, it will be easy to use.

2 Likes

I’ll see what I can do about putting this into Skill System as a (most likely) optional feature.

2 Likes

Now this is definitely awesome, being able to give characters more details than just your simple support convo on what they like and dont like.

Age and height is also a good addition!

I appreciate stuff like this. Great job.

@7743 Personal Data Table has been implemented into skill-system-master. Ball is in your court now :smiley:

7 Likes

Thank you for information.
I Will consider later.

6 Likes

[FE8] Split Char Desc by EID

(ignore the terrible post time-skip mug, it’s only a test :O)

Changes the character description getter to grab a separate textID based on whether an EID is set. The textIDs are kept in a CSV separate from the character table. This is only conditional for one EID, as this was intended to be used for a time-skip only. If anybody wishes to make this more viable/modular, go right ahead!

Download can be found here!

18 Likes

Fixed a problem with Personal Info Page! The conditional to determine the amount of pages was incrementing by the wrong number (because my original file had additional entries), but it has been fixed now!

4 Likes