Runa Does an ASM

Fantastic work here. I’ll be watching the progress of personal data table patch closely. (Febuilder gang)

3 Likes

Unfortunately I am a fool, and I noticed an additional mistake in the conditional. :clown_face:

If the textID used for the first like ends in 0x00 (e.g. 0xA00), the fourth page will not load. This has been fixed now, and a pull request containing this fix and the previous fix have been suggested on the skill-system-master repository.
If you’re using FEBuilder’s new skill system for the personal data table, stay safe and don’t use a text ID ending in 00 for the first like. Otherwise, simply replace the mss_threepageconditional files with the new ones. :OOO

okay at this point i’m making a fool out of myself, and i feel really bad for febuilder users, but…
there was another bug relating to r-text not updating

it’s been updated in the drive, but if you’re using febuilder, i don’t really know how to help you ;-;
it’s a single opcode, if you have the patience to repoint the conditional in a hex editor good for you

but i think at this point, i’m just gonna consider this a lesson and keep stuff to myself for a fair bit before releasing it to make sure i iron all the bugs out :sweat_smile:

You could technicly request the bugfixes to be featured in the builder. If it happens is another story, but it is worth a shot imo.

none of them have been represented in the skill-system-master yet unfortunately :frowning:
i’m not exactly sure how 7743 makes his patches, but perhaps i’ll try getting in touch with him

The character description hack is extremely helpful for recruitable enemies! I’m thinking of Howard from TLP and how his description is something like “General sent by the Empire to stop the rebels” even after you (the rebels) have recruited him. I’ve already got some ideas for characters who change sides that will be using this in my project.

2 Likes

The problem is that this only supports one EID so far. You’d have to edit it to deal with multiple EIDs/unit allegiance to use it like that. I might one day try to implement the possibilities of individual descriptions for each character, but that’s not my priority right now :C

1 Like

What about for when characters have their birthday and their age goes up by one?

2 Likes

I do have a modification to the personal data table for a time skip, but trying to do birthdays may prove slightly trickier… It’d require a modification to the asm used, perhaps to check the chapter ID in the same personal data table and change the textID used depending on whether the chapter is greater than or equal to the chapter in the table.

It doesn’t necessarily need to be tied to anything more than the event flag. I would just ENUT it in the recruitment conversation.

That would be fine if you were doing one unit exactly for whom you were changing the description for. For multiple, you’d have to edit the code :C

Don’t worry; I know what you mean. Would it work to just make a copy of the hack with all the labels and the relevant event flag/text slot changed, and install them both? This wouldn’t be ideal for more than a few characters, but now that I think about it I wouldn’t need this for very many and would be able to just use different character slots like the vanilla game does for any unit who isn’t directly recruited with a Talk on the map.

you’d be writing to the getter twice, your best bet would be to add an additional conditional to the existing hack for an additional flag

1 Like

I have merged your fix into “SkillSystems 20200223”.

2 Likes

I think that just modifying mss_threepageconditional will not work.
Because the size of the structure is different.

@ r5 = StatScreenStruct. Preserve no scratch registers!
ldr  r0,[r5,#0x0C] @ r0 = character struct.
ldr  r1,[r0]       @load character pointer
ldrb r1,[r1,#0x4]  @load character number
mov  r0,#16      <<<<
mul  r1,r0
adr  r0,PersonalInfoTable  @load first like
ldr  r0,[r0]
ldrh r0,[r0,r1]

In the version of SkillSystems, it is committed with “#12”.
Therefore, strange phenomena occur when only mss_threepageconditional is modified.

SkillSystems version

@ Autohook to 0x08088690. r0 should equal the number of stat screen pages to have upon hitting the strb r0, [ r5, #0x01 ].
@ r5 = StatScreenStruct. Preserve no scratch registers!
ldr  r0,[r5,#0x0C] @ r0 = character struct.
ldr  r1,[r0]       @load character pointer
ldrb r1,[r1,#0x4]  @load character number
mov  r0,#12 <<<<
mul  r1,r0
adr  r0,PersonalInfoTable  @load first like
ldr  r0,[r0]
ldrh r0,[r0,r1]

FEBuilderGBA also uses SkillSystems, so it uses “#12”.
However, since only mss_threepageconditional was updated to the latest version, the fix of “#16” was applied.
That has caused an accident.

it should be 12, not 16. sorry i can’t entirely understand what you’re trying to say ;-;

[FE8] “Skill-less” Skill System

SkillsTest-2

Sorry @Pikmin1211, I couldn’t hear you over my innovation.
This is the worst thing I have ever made. This is absolutely horrible. Please don’t use this. I made this in ten minutes and I make no guarantees on how well it works because it’s stupid.

Buuuuuuuuuut if you really wanna use it…
This is a modification for Modular Stat Screen that removes skills from the first page. That’s all it does. Skills still exist, they’re just not shown anymore. Of course, if you use something like a Modular Minimug Box that shows skills, it’ll still show the skills, but why would you do that??? This is for hacks that “don’t want skills” but still want all the juicy QoL that comes with Skill System.

Download can be found here, put it in the Modular Stat Screen folder under StrMagSplit. If you wanna use this with FEBuilderGBA, use skill_custom_build. FEBuilderGBA and MSS do not work well together, and I’m too lazy to push this into the Skill System repo.

If you want leadership stars or a version without Str/Mag, there’s none available but I will gladly bodge one if you seriously want it but at the same time I’ll also ask why you’re using this it’s not good???

22 Likes

i hate this
take my like you beautiful daughter of a bastard

3 Likes

bring back pierce and great shield >:(

how about you learn asm and do it yourself :))))