Latest Release: 2020-05-07 | Content Rating: 13+ (mild language, suggestive themes, alcohol)
Sacred Echoes (until I think of a better title) is a demake of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for the GBA. This public release covers all of Act 1 and 2. Some things are still in progress, but the latest release should address most of the remaining bugs.
The 2020-05-07 release includes movement skills, portraits for all bosses, additional/improved dialogue, the Gaiden EXP formula (1x Gaiden EXP for Hard, 1.5x EXP for Normal, 2x EXP for Easy), a split convoy in Normal and Hard mode, various portrait and UI improvements, an opening lore reel at the start of the game, the ability to recruit Kliff and Faye at the end of Celica route, and new music and cutscenes for the end of Celica’s route.
- The Gaiden/Echoes magic system, where spells are learned by level-up, are accessible through the B.Magic or W.Magic menu, and cost HP to cast.
- Various mechanics tweaks to mirror Echoes and Gaiden’s combat system, including the EXP formula.
- Different maps and objectives from the source games.
- Weapon Triangle applies to equippable weapons and can be one-sided. Think carefully about how to approach WTA and WTD!
- Branching promotions for the Villager classes, with 5 possible class options for each. (Faye now has access to the Archer line.)
- 3rd tier classes, with expanded caps allowing stats to reach 40. The dread fighter -> villager loop is also included. Female sages can now promote into female dread fighters and take part in the loop as well.
- A functional world map that can be explored, just like in the originals.
- Still CGs adapted from Echoes
- Additional units to fill gaps in the Echoes roster (a Thief and an axe user)
- All-new GBA remixes of Gaiden and Echoes soundtrack.
- Various UI improvements.
This is not a complete release by any means, so there are a few bugs which had to be deprioritized for this release. Everything we surfaced that could be potentially game-breaking has been covered, but there may still be some we aren’t aware of.
- Suspending a chapter and restarting it without resuming may cause certain world map paths to disappear. If this happens to you, just reset and choose “Restart Chapter” and it will fix itself. A permanent fix is still being looked into.
- The game has only been balanced for Normal mode (hard mode results may vary). We are currently looking for help with gameplay design for Hard mode.
- Some support conversations have been implemented while others are still placeholders.
- Some sprites and animations have not been finalized yet and are using placeholders. (Priestess (Generic), Seraphim)
- Expel is visually kind of buggy but should not affect gameplay.
- There is a known visual glitch when moving Celica to Zofia Castle at the end of act 2. This should not affect gameplay.
(Anything not listed here is my own work)
- Circleseverywhere’s Modular Stat Screens, Custom Spell Animation Engine and everything2ea modules
- macplustrees’ base-stat promotion gains
- Teraspark’s staff/item range rework
- Tequila’s Convoy Split
- Stan’s Movement Skills
- Assorted small tweaks and patches by Stan, Tequila, Crazycolorz5, Vennobennu, Leonarth, 7743 and aera
- Music hacking utilities by Sme and Alusq
- Music arrangements based on Echoes OST and on Gaiden MIDI remixes by 雨原
- NGMansion for save expansion patch
- Battle Animations:
- Alm, Villagers, Sniper, Pirate (F), Dread Fighter, Gold Knight and Cape General by Nura
- Pirate (M) Repalette by Wan
- Soldier by Alusq
- Mercenary and Armor Knight by Team SALVAGED
- Caped Baron by Iscaneus, Nuramon and Leo_Link
- Saint by Melia
- Bishop and Thief repalettes by Eldritch Abomination
- Myrmidon/Hero by Wan and Zane
- Cavaliers by Team SALVAGED and Flasuban
- Paladins by Team SALVAGED (female edit by me)
- Improved Brigand by flasuban
- Rogue Repalette by Pikmin1211, Maiser6, Ukelele, SD9k, Temp, Black Mage and Wan
- Battle Sage (F) by St.Jack, L95, Brendor
- Bow Knight by Spud
- Celica by RedBean
- Witch by Luerock and Pikmin1211
- Archer and Woodcutter by DerTheVaporeon
- Axeman by DerTheVaporeon, Aruka, Kenpuhu
- Barbarian by Orihara_Saki (Bow edit by me)
- Pegasus Knight by OreoStyx
- Falcoknight by TBA
- Map sprites and class cards by flasuban, Tordo45, Alusq, Melia, Nura, Pikmin1211, WarPath, Seal, L95, StreetHero, and Team SALVAGED
- Battle palettes by Hypergammaspaces and Dancer_A
- LordGlenn’s Cipher icons for weapon ranks
- Cardcafe’s Echoes item icons and FEier’s Weapon icons
- New support writing contributed by Meadows, Flare and Ese
- Meadows: Alm/Tobin, Kliff/Gray, Kliff/Silque, Tobin/Clair
- Snakey1’s REDA helpers, Support rework, MSS fixes and event cleanup
- RandomWizard for text formatting help
- Pikmin1211 for eventing and enemy placement on “The Warship” and “Zofia Harbor”
- ZoramineFae for “The Warship” map
- Sme for assistance with summoner AI
- Vennobennu’s Improved FE8 Boat/Village Tileset
- DerTheVaporeon’s improved cave tileset
Public Beta (Partial Act 3): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q2vcuu2ucoaoxy3/AABK6V-CXLxVGscG-uebXVbSa?dl=0
Server link: https://discord.gg/xfMZQC8