Latest Release: 2020-03-18
Sacred Echoes (until I think of a better title) is a demake of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for the GBA. This public release covers all of Act 1 and 2. Some things are still in progress, but the latest release should address most of the remaining bugs.
- The Gaiden/Echoes magic system, where spells are learned by level-up, are accessible through the B.Magic or W.Magic menu, and cost HP to cast.
- Various mechanics tweaks to mirror Echoes and Gaiden’s combat system.
- Different maps and objectives from the source games.
- Branching promotions for the Villager classes, with 5 possible class options for each. (Faye now has access to the Archer line.)
- 3rd tier classes, with expanded caps allowing stats to reach 40. The dread fighter -> villager loop is also included. Female sages can now promote into female dread fighters and take part in the loop as well.
- A functional world map that can be explored, just like in the originals.
- Still CGs adapted from Echoes
- Additional units to fill gaps in the Echoes roster (a Thief and an axe user)
- All-new GBA remixes of Gaiden and Echoes soundtrack.
- Various UI improvements.
This is not a complete release by any means, so there are a few bugs which had to be deprioritized for this release. Everything we surfaced that could be potentially game-breaking has been covered, but there may still be some we aren’t aware of.
- Suspending a chapter and restarting it without resuming may cause certain world map paths to disappear. If this happens to you, just reset and choose “Restart Chapter” and it will fix itself. A permanent fix is still being looked into.
- There is no indication of which maps are repeatable on the world map screen. You can now retreat from these maps from the map menu.
- The game has only been balanced for Normal mode (hard mode results may vary).
- Custom spell animations have not been implemented yet (e.g Sagittae uses Elfire)
- Alm and Celica share a convoy, this will be split in later releases if playing on Normal or Hard.
- There might be slight lag when calculating support gains following a battle, this is in process of being optimized and made visually obvious.
- Some support conversations have been implemented while others are still placeholders.
- Some sprites and animations have not been finalized yet and are using placeholders. (Priestess (Generic), Sagittae, Seraphim)
- Expel is visually kind of buggy but should not affect gameplay.
- Anew is not implemented yet (still works like Latona from FE8)
(Anything not listed here is my own work)
- Circleseverywhere’s Modular Stat Screens and everything2ea modules
- macplustrees’ base-stat promotion gains
- Teraspark’s staff/item range rework
- Assorted small tweaks and patches by Stan, Tequila, Crazycolorz5, Vennobennu, Leonarth, 7743 and aera
- Music hacking utilities by Sme and Alusq
- Music arrangements based on Echoes OST and on Gaiden MIDI remixes by 雨原
- NGMansion for save expansion patch
- Battle Animations:
- Alm, Villagers, Dread Fighter, Gold Knight and Cape General by Nura
- Soldier by Alusq
- Armor Knights by Team SALVAGED
- Caped Baron by Iscaneus, Nuramon and Leo_Link
- Saint by Melia
- Myrmidon/Hero by Wan and Zane
- Cavaliers by Team SALVAGED and Flasuban
- Paladins by Team SALVAGED (female edit by me)
- Rogue Repalette by Pikmin1211, Maiser6, Ukelele, SD9k, Temp, Black Mage and Wan
- Battle Sage (F) by St.Jack
- Bow Knight by Spud
- Celica by RedBean
- Mercenary Repalette by Dancer_A
- Witch by Luerock and Pikmin1211
- Woodcutter by Waleed and Flasuban
- Axeman by DerTheVaporeon, Aruka, Kenpuhu
- Barbarian by Orihara_Saki (Bow edit by me)
- Pegasus Knight by OreoStyx
- Falcoknight by TBA
- Map sprites and class cards by flasuban, Tordo45, Alusq, Melia, Nura, Pikmin1211, Seal, L95, and Team SALVAGED
- Battle palettes by Hypergammaspaces and Dancer_A
- LordGlenn’s Cipher icons for weapon ranks
- Cardcafe’s Echoes item icons and FEier’s Weapon icons
- Snakey1’s REDA helpers, MSS fixes and event cleanup
- RandomWizard for text formatting help
- Pikmin1211 for eventing and enemy placement on “The Warship” and “Zofia Harbor”
- ZoramineFae for “The Warship” map
- Sme for assistance with summoner AI
- Vennobennu’s Improved FE8 Boat/Village Tileset
- DerTheVaporeon’s improved cave tileset
Server link: https://discord.gg/Pp3zJ2R