FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

I just watched @Nuramon’s animation video on youtube, and the final Duma was so cool I could barely speak! ฅ(๑⊙д⊙๑)ฅ
I’m looking forward to your future projects.

7 Likes

Duma Battle Sprite looks so God-Tier right there.

1 Like

Which Hack Roms will those animations be used in?
I’d like to play that Hack Rom. I would like to play that Hack Rom because I like fe echoes.

2 Likes

It’s a FE15 Demake Sacred Echoes, made by HyperGammaSpace himself.

1 Like

I see. Thanks for letting me know.
Oops, if I talk about it more deeply, it might become irrelevant to the topic here, so I’ll try to find it myself again.
・.✿Thank you✿.・

2 Likes

it’s right here

2 Likes

Nuramon, you knocked this year’s FEE3 Sprite animations out of the park! I’m sure that Hypergammaspace is really glad about it.

5 Likes

Disguise Ninian

Disguise L’Arachel

Erik with his FE6 armor

Bishop Lundgren

Boies with Heath hair

All of them F2U/F2E.

4 Likes

I cannot add any of your work to the repository. They are… they are blown up to an absolutely ridiculous size. When you expand a sprite, it no longer becomes a sprite. The fact they’re “jpeg’d” also means that the sprites become horrendously blurry. When you ‘jpeg’ a sprite, the JPEG file format applies compression, melting the colors together and taking the image from 16 colors to several dozen, or in your case, many hundreds.

From what I understand, you use your phone to edit sprites. As someone who has never used a phone to do this, I don’t know how your program works, but it’s unusable in romhacks or any other projects. That’s actually too bad, since all of those sprites are cool concepts. I particularly like Ninian and L’Arachel’s sprites.

So… yeah. I don’t know how exactly you can fix this problem, but making sprites on your phone is probably not the best idea.

Please compare.

Your ‘sprite’:

An actual sprite:

Hopefully, what I’m saying makes sense.

To everyone else, Nuramon’s mugs are in the repo, as well as their class card and map sprites.

I have the Fire Dragon mug added too!

6 Likes

Cameron recolor red

Cameron recolor green

Cameron recolor yellow

How about these can they work.

1 Like

No, because they’re still JPG images. That means they’re artifacted and can’t be inserted as-is. If you’re doing these on a mobile device, please find an app that does pixel art and can save as PNG images. (I recommend Pixly personally, though I can’t say how well it would work for splicing. I mainly use it to do things from scratch…)

3 Likes

Those are the proper size, though as Glenn said, they are JPEGs. Always export to .png, as PNG files are color accurate.

Also… since they’re just basic recolors, I’m not going to add them. Recolors take about ten seconds for people to make, and I prefer to add sprites with some level of modification to the Repo. I haven’t been as strict about this in the past, but now that the Repo is 3.5GB’s in size, I’m going to enforce this more liberally in the future. Stuff like the Ninian edit is fine, but really minor alterations, specifically recolors, don’t fit the spirit of the repo.

I swear to god I’m not picking on you specifically, it’s just a series of coincidences lmao

1 Like

Hello again.

I have made several big changes and additions to the repo today.

First, 7743 just published a new tool that allows anyone to easily and quickly play .s music files from the music repository. You can also export them as midis and WAV files.

You can find it and the instructions here:
https://github.com/Klokinator/FE-Repo/tree/main/Music%20Repository/[AA]%20Direct%20Play%20.S%20Files%20{7743}

Additionally, I did a pretty sizable combining and shifting of the Repo’s resources today. I have merged the two Lord folders into one, and moved a few assets out of them into other, more relevant folders.

I have merged FE6/7/8 Lords and Custom lords into one folder.
I have moved Waleed's Gladiator to the Brigands directory.
I have moved an Ephraim-Variant to the Soldier directory; the [F] T1 Lancer by Memae.
I have moved Spud's Sergeant out of Knights and into Soldiers, giving it the [Custom Polearm] tag
I also moved "Fate - Nobunaga by ZoramineFae" to MISC and put it under Non-FE.
Moved TyTheBub's Eliwood-style Mages into the Special Magi folders. They're literally just magi, so I think they go there.

I felt that it was getting confusing having two Lords folders, and a few comments I saw on FEUcord and another discord led me to move specific animations into more fitting folders. I’ve been debating this move for a while, after I saw the comments, but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to screw up the Repo’s consistency.

Then I remembered I already had two “Ephraim-type” animations in the Soldier directory, so I went for it.
https://i.imgur.com/bnxNoag.png

I don’t think Waleed’s Gladiator makes sense in the Soldier directory, but it has sort of an armored-brigand feeling to it, so I put it there. I’m sure you could make the argument it fits in Soldiers too, but eh… let’s not nitpick.

Anyway, that’s my big update for the day. All hail 7743, for he has singlehandedly made the biggest contribution to the music repo in ages!

Also, I added the Music Blitz to the Repo, but it’s unformatted and unorganized. I’ll make it pretty later, maybe.

EDIT: One last change. I added game number tags to the Lords. I didn’t like seeing Eirika and Ephraim above the FE7 lords above Roy, so now all the Lords are organized by their game number.

https://i.imgur.com/UIgEdjp.png

13 Likes

Woah! Now I have a new favorite animation. Amazing work!

1 Like

Well we already have a Samus animation so now we can just have her in game trolling the player.

3 Likes

Daaamn, that is a truly slick Samus. Zero Suit version when?

SA-X traumatizing flashbacks

4 Likes

…wait, what? do we? i’m gonna check that out right now

good question.
i was actually working on dragon stuff, so maaaybe sometime in the future.

or maybe soon™.
oh well, guess we’ll find out :smirk:

6 Likes

Yooooo, it’s Metroid himself.

7 Likes

Broke: Galzus appearing on turn 15

Woke: SA-X appearing on turn 15

7 Likes