Sacred Echoes (until I think of a better title) is a demake of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for the GBA. This public release covers all of Act 1. I wanted to release today in honor of Gaiden’s 27th anniversary, so there are some things which are not complete, but it is playable and most of what I wanted to have in is in.
- The Gaiden/Echoes magic system, where spells are learned by level-up, are accessible through the B.Magic or W.Magic menu, and cost HP to cast.
- Various mechanics tweaks to mirror Echoes and Gaiden’s combat system.
- Different maps and objectives from the source games.
- Branching promotions for the Villager classes, with 5 possible class options.
- 3rd tier classes, with expanded caps allowing stats to reach 40. The dread fighter -> villager loop is also included.
- A functional world map that can be explored, just like in the originals.
- All-new GBA remixes of Gaiden and Echoes soundtrack.
- Various UI improvements.
This is not a complete release by any means, so there are a few bugs which had to be deprioritized for this release. Everything we surfaced that could be potentially game-breaking has been covered, but there may still be some we aren’t aware of.
- Chapter titles on the save screen do not display correctly immediately after completing the first map on a repeatable location (Thief Shrine, Deliverance Hideout). Saving again from the world map or prep screen will fix this.
- Suspending a chapter and restarting it without resuming may cause certain world map paths to disappear. If this happens to you, just reset and choose “Restart Chapter” and it will fix itself. A permanent fix is still being looked into.
- Retreating from maps is currently disabled.
- Bonus EXP is not yet started.
- The game has only been balanced for Normal mode (hard mode results may vary).
- There are a few small bugs with the magic system that won’t break gameplay, please report them if they occur.
(Anything not listed here is my own work)
- Circleseverywhere’s Modular Stat Screens and everything2ea modules
- macplustrees’ base-stat promotion gains
- Teraspark’s staff/item range rework
- Assorted small tweaks and patches by Tequila, Crazycolorz5, Vennobennu, Leonarth, 7743 and aera
- Music hacking utilities by Sme and Alusq
- NGMansion for save expansion patch
- Battle Animations: Alm, Villagers and Cape General by Nura, Soldier by Alusq, Axe Armors by TBA, Saint by Melia, Cavaliers by Team SALVAGED and Flasuban, Rogue Repalette by Pikmin1211, Maiser6, Ukelele, SD9k, Temp, Black Mage and Wan
- Battle palettes by Hypergammaspaces and Dancer_A
- Cardcafe’s Echoes item icons
- Snakey1’s REDA helpers and event cleanup
- DerTheVaporeon’s improved cave tileset
Server link: https://discord.gg/Pp3zJ2R