[FE8] Sacred Echoes [VERSION 0.9.9 OUT, 14 MAPS]

Sacred Echoes (until I think of a better title) is a demake of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for the GBA. This public release covers all of Act 1 and the first few maps of Act 2. Some things are still in progress, but the latest release should address most of the remaining bugs.

Features:

• The Gaiden/Echoes magic system, where spells are learned by level-up, are accessible through the B.Magic or W.Magic menu, and cost HP to cast.
  • Various mechanics tweaks to mirror Echoes and Gaiden’s combat system.
  • Different maps and objectives from the source games.
  • Branching promotions for the Villager classes, with 5 possible class options for each. (Faye now has access to the Archer line.)
  • 3rd tier classes, with expanded caps allowing stats to reach 40. The dread fighter -> villager loop is also included.
  • A functional world map that can be explored, just like in the originals.
  • Still CGs adapted from Echoes
  • Additional units to fill gaps in the Echoes roster (a Thief and an axe user)
  • All-new GBA remixes of Gaiden and Echoes soundtrack.
  • Various UI improvements.

Screenshots:
title worldmap 5promo spelllist invoke ch8 thiefshrine_cap battle2 celicalevel map_c

This is not a complete release by any means, so there are a few bugs which had to be deprioritized for this release. Everything we surfaced that could be potentially game-breaking has been covered, but there may still be some we aren’t aware of.

• Suspending a chapter and restarting it without resuming may cause certain world map paths to disappear. If this happens to you, just reset and choose “Restart Chapter” and it will fix itself. A permanent fix is still being looked into.
  • Retreating from maps is currently disabled.
  • There is no indication of which maps are repeatable on the world map screen. (For now, just keep in mind that these are the Thieves’ Shrine and Deliverance Hideout)
  • The game has only been balanced for Normal mode (hard mode results may vary).
  • Custom spell animations have not been implemented yet (e.g Sagittae uses Elfire)
  • Alm and Celica share a convoy, this will be split in later releases.
  • Archer AI doesn’t take their Bowrange+1 into account. (They can still counter at max range but won’t move to attack on EP)
  • Support system is still largely vanilla FE8 (the next release will update this to be in line with Echoes)

Credits:
(Anything not listed here is my own work)

• Circleseverywhere’s Modular Stat Screens and everything2ea modules
  • macplustrees’ base-stat promotion gains
  • Teraspark’s staff/item range rework
  • Assorted small tweaks and patches by Tequila, Crazycolorz5, Vennobennu, Leonarth, 7743 and aera
  • Music hacking utilities by Sme and Alusq
  • Music arrangements based on Echoes OST and on Gaiden MIDI remixes by 雨原
  • NGMansion for save expansion patch
  • Battle Animations: Alm, Villagers, Gold Knight, Hero, and Cape General by Nura, Soldier by Alusq, Armor Knight by Team SALVAGED, Saint by Melia, Cavaliers by Team SALVAGED and Flasuban, Paladins by Team SALVAGED (female edit by me), Rogue Repalette by Pikmin1211, Maiser6, Ukelele, SD9k, Temp, Black Mage and Wan, Battle Sage by St. Jack, Bow Knight by Spud, Celica by RedBean, Mercenary Repalette by Dancer_A
  • Map sprites by flasuban, Tordo45, Alusq, Melia, Nura, Pikmin1211, and Team SALVAGED
  • Battle palettes by Hypergammaspaces and Dancer_A
  • Cardcafe’s Echoes item icons and FEier’s weapon icons
  • Snakey1’s REDA helpers, MSS fixes and event cleanup
  • DerTheVaporeon’s improved cave tileset

Patch: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6eoey6idkvae4ur/AABfmKk_LTIsUFP_i6idQXc7a?dl=0

Server link: https://discord.gg/Pp3zJ2R

92 Likes
Animation Directory (Finished products ONLY)
Animation Directory (Finished products ONLY)

I’m not often genuinely impressed.

I will 100% play this. That’s a promise.

6 Likes

I want to be a playtester, my discord is pedrokktt#1633

2 Likes

RIP every other Valentia GBA project that will never stand up to this

seriously though it looks ace, can’t wait to see more

5 Likes

Very impressive.

Can I make maps for this? I already end up making random fe2 maps from time to time already and this looks pretty awesome.

whats ur discord? i’d like to playtest, hmu at Max Limit#3056

The presentation is soooo good. And since you’ll be updating the maps, the gameplay will also improve as well! Can’t wait for the release!

This is one of the best things that were in FEE3, it looks amazing! If you could change some maps around a little bit so they are less tedious but still stay true to SoV that would be awesome. Wondering how are you planning to do the 3rd tier classes as it seems to me like it’s gonna be very hard to do lol, like the dread fighters.

I would love to play test this. I would need some help as I’m a bit of a noob when it comes to rooms. My discord is Pieo123 9418

I made an account to say I will definitely play this once it comes out. Keep up the hard work!

4 Likes

more POWER and Keep the good work

2 Likes

Looks sick, can’t wait for a release.

Amazing! MOAR!!!

One question though : axe user? :rage:

6 Likes

I can’t wait to play this. Maybe I should try to make an Map of an FE2 Chapter. :smile:

FE2 is my favourite. I want to be a playtester. My discord is hikeyi#8096.

@HyperGammaSpace To clutter down on all the discord requests here, why don’t you make a discord server for Sacred Echoes? People can volunteer to be playtesters, help you out with the hack, so on and so forth.

This looks godly.

sooo how can i get to your discord ? so i can help with whatever u want