Sacred Echoes (until I think of a better title) is a demake of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for the GBA. This public release covers all of Act 1 and the first few maps of Act 2. Some things are still in progress, but the latest release should address most of the remaining bugs.
- The Gaiden/Echoes magic system, where spells are learned by level-up, are accessible through the B.Magic or W.Magic menu, and cost HP to cast.
- Various mechanics tweaks to mirror Echoes and Gaiden’s combat system.
- Different maps and objectives from the source games.
- Branching promotions for the Villager classes, with 5 possible class options for each. (Faye now has access to the Archer line.)
- 3rd tier classes, with expanded caps allowing stats to reach 40. The dread fighter -> villager loop is also included.
- A functional world map that can be explored, just like in the originals.
- Still CGs adapted from Echoes
- Additional units to fill gaps in the Echoes roster (a Thief and an axe user)
- All-new GBA remixes of Gaiden and Echoes soundtrack.
- Various UI improvements.
This is not a complete release by any means, so there are a few bugs which had to be deprioritized for this release. Everything we surfaced that could be potentially game-breaking has been covered, but there may still be some we aren’t aware of.
- Suspending a chapter and restarting it without resuming may cause certain world map paths to disappear. If this happens to you, just reset and choose “Restart Chapter” and it will fix itself. A permanent fix is still being looked into.
- Retreating from maps is currently disabled.
- There is no indication of which maps are repeatable on the world map screen. (For now, just keep in mind that these are the Thieves’ Shrine and Deliverance Hideout)
- The game has only been balanced for Normal mode (hard mode results may vary).
- Custom spell animations have not been implemented yet (e.g Sagittae uses Elfire)
- Alm and Celica share a convoy, this will be split in later releases.
- Archer AI doesn’t take their Bowrange+1 into account. (They can still counter at max range but won’t move to attack on EP)
- Support system is still largely vanilla FE8 (the next release will update this to be in line with Echoes)
(Anything not listed here is my own work)
- Circleseverywhere’s Modular Stat Screens and everything2ea modules
- macplustrees’ base-stat promotion gains
- Teraspark’s staff/item range rework
- Assorted small tweaks and patches by Tequila, Crazycolorz5, Vennobennu, Leonarth, 7743 and aera
- Music hacking utilities by Sme and Alusq
- Music arrangements based on Echoes OST and on Gaiden MIDI remixes by 雨原
- NGMansion for save expansion patch
- Battle Animations: Alm, Villagers, Gold Knight, Hero, and Cape General by Nura, Soldier by Alusq, Armor Knight by Team SALVAGED, Saint by Melia, Cavaliers by Team SALVAGED and Flasuban, Paladins by Team SALVAGED (female edit by me), Rogue Repalette by Pikmin1211, Maiser6, Ukelele, SD9k, Temp, Black Mage and Wan, Battle Sage by St. Jack, Bow Knight by Spud, Celica by RedBean, Mercenary Repalette by Dancer_A
- Map sprites by flasuban, Tordo45, Alusq, Melia, Nura, Pikmin1211, and Team SALVAGED
- Battle palettes by Hypergammaspaces and Dancer_A
- Cardcafe’s Echoes item icons and FEier’s weapon icons
- Snakey1’s REDA helpers, MSS fixes and event cleanup
- DerTheVaporeon’s improved cave tileset
Server link: https://discord.gg/Pp3zJ2R