Latest Release: 2021-08-15 | Content Rating: 13+ (mild language, suggestive themes, alcohol)
Sacred Echoes (until I think of a better title) is a demake of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for the GBA. This public release covers all of Act 1, 2, and 3, with 28 story maps, 1 gaiden chapter, and 5 repeatable maps. Some things are still in progress, but the latest release should address most of the remaining bugs.
The 2021-05-31 release is a polish and refinement release meant as a follow-up/replacement for the 2021-03-14 patch. Includes the full expansion of the world map, the party split, the convoy split, the Guide menu, WTD on bows at 1-range, the debut of Lion Head Statues, randomized enemies in dungeons, bugfixes to the magic system, enemy rebalances, AI optimizations, and many new and ported music tracks, animations, and map sprites. Basically, the bulk of stability and mechanics updates are now complete, and the next update’s focus will be on completing the story, reworking the writing issues from SoV Act 4, and refining the gameplay.
- The Gaiden/Echoes magic system, where spells are learned by level-up, are accessible through the B.Magic or W.Magic menu, and cost HP to cast.
- Various mechanics tweaks to mirror Echoes and Gaiden’s combat system, including the EXP formula.
- Different maps and objectives from the source games.
- Weapon Triangle applies to equippable weapons and can be one-sided. Think carefully about how to approach WTA and WTD!
- Branching promotions for the Villager classes, with 5 possible class options for each. (Faye now has access to the Archer line.)
- 3rd tier classes, with expanded caps allowing stats to reach 40. The dread fighter → villager loop is also included. Female sages can now promote into female dread fighters and take part in the loop as well.
- A functional world map that can be explored, just like in the originals.
- Still CGs adapted from Echoes
- Additional units to fill gaps in the Echoes roster (a Thief and an axe user)
- Sacred Springs allowing units to gain experience, stat boosts, or even revive dead units.
- Casual/Classic mode split.
- All-new GBA remixes of Gaiden and Echoes soundtrack.
- Various UI improvements.
- Available in both English and Spanish.
This is not a complete release by any means, so there are a few bugs which had to be deprioritized for this release. Everything we surfaced that could be potentially game-breaking has been covered, but there may still be some we aren’t aware of.
- The game has only been balanced for Normal mode (hard mode results may vary). We are currently looking for help with gameplay design for Hard mode.
- Some support conversations have been implemented while others are still placeholders. We are now at almost 75% completion!
- Some issues have been reported with Rewarp.
- Some issues have been reported with suspending while using magic or promoting at a Mila statue.
- Circleseverywhere’s Modular Stat Screens, Custom Spell Animation Engine and everything2ea modules
- macplustrees’ base-stat promotion gains
- Teraspark’s staff/item range rework
- Stan’s Movement Skills
- laqieer’s world map installation utilities
- Huichelaar’s world map flags upgrades
- Assorted small tweaks and patches by Stan, Tequila, Crazycolorz5, Vennobennu, Leonarth, 7743 and aera
- Extra shout out to Stan and Snakey1 for finally squashing the remaining bugs in the magic system!
- Music hacking utilities by Sme and Alusq
- Music arrangements based on Echoes OST and on Gaiden MIDI remixes by 雨原
- “Lord of a Dead Empire” arrangement by Mycahel
- “What Lies at the End” sheet music by TorbyBrand on Musescore
- “Revelations” sheet music by hinaflower on Musescore
- Title theme sheet music by Spencer Riffle on Musescore
- “Omen”, “Preparations (Deliverance)”, “Preparations (Pilgrimage)”, “Pride and Arrogance”, “The Scions’ Dance in Purgatory”, and “A Distant Promise” by Uzel and The_Burger_King_420
- NGMansion for original save expansion patch; Stan for Expanded Modular Save and Tequila for Convoy Split
- Jedah and Duma by L95
- Zopyrus by RandomWizard and Levin64
- all others by hypergammaspaces or IS
- Battle Animations:
- Alm (T1+T2), Villagers, Snipers, Pirate (F), Dread Fighter, Vestal, Nuibaba, Arcanist, Cantor, Jedah, Wyvern Lord, Gold Knight and Cape General by Nura
- Pirate (M) Repalette by Wan
- Berserker (M) by BwdYeti
- Berserker (F) by serif, eCut, Skitty, and Pikmin1211
- Soldier by flasuban, Leo_Link, Nuramon
- Mercenary and Armor Knight by Team SALVAGED
- Caped Baron by Iscaneus, Nuramon and Leo_Link
- Cleric by Eldritch Abomination and Flasuban
- Saint by Melia
- Bishop and Thief repalettes by Eldritch Abomination
- Myrmidon/Hero by Wan and Zane with sword by Nuramon
- Cavaliers by Team SALVAGED and Flasuban
- Paladins by Team SALVAGED (female edit by me)
- Improved Brigand by flasuban
- Rogue Repalette by Pikmin1211, Maiser6, Ukelele, SD9k, Temp, Black Mage and Wan
- Mage (M) by Leo_Link, L95 and Flasuban
- Mage (F) by hypergammaspaces and Obsidian_Daddy
- Sage (M) by Greentea and Ruby
- Priestess by hypergammaspaces and Jono the Red
- Bow Knight by Spud
- Celica (Promoted and Unpromoted) by RedBean
- Shaman Staff by Temp and Shin19
- Archers by DerTheVaporeon
- Woodcutter and Axeman by Leo_Link
- Barbarian by Orihara_Saki (Bow edit by me)
- Pegasus Knight by OreoStyx
- Falcoknight by TBA
- Wyvern Rider by flasuban and eCut
- Dracoknight repalette by Feaw and St jack
- Fiend (Generic King by Huichelaar, DerTheVaporeon, L95 and Pikmin1211)
- Deathgoyle by Teraspark and L95
- Duma mapsprite by SHYUTERz, HIROTO, and SHIRMER
- Map sprites and class cards by flasuban, Tordo45, SkidMarc25, Leif, TAS20XX, Alusq, Melia, Nura, Pikmin1211, WarPath, Seal, L95, StreetHero, Snewping, MeatOfJustice, DerTheVaporeon, FEier, and Team SALVAGED
- Battle palettes by Hypergammaspaces and Dancer_A
- LordGlenn’s Cipher icons for weapon ranks, weapon icons for Regalia weapons
- Cardcafe’s Echoes item icons and FEier’s Weapon icons, Dark magic icons by epicer and ilmoro
- New support writing contributed by Meadows, Flare, Ese, and CaptinSpike
- Meadows: Alm/Tobin, Alm/Gray, Kliff/Gray, Kliff/Silque, Tobin/Clair, Tobin/Faye, Silque/Tatiana, Valbar/Deen, Valbar/Kamui, Mae/Est, Boey/Nomah,
- Ese: Alm/Celica, Alm/Kliff, Alm/Faye, Alm/Mycen, Celica/Boey, Celica/Genny, Celica/Saber, Gray/Acantha, Silque/Jesse, Python/Acantha, Kamui/Hyas, Atlas/Hyas
- CaptinSpike: Saber/Sonya C and B, assorted boss conversations
- Flare: Clive/Mathilda B and A
- Snakey1’s REDA helpers, Support rework, MSS fixes and event cleanup
- RandomWizard for boss conversations and text formatting help, and “The Siege” map
- Levin64 and Tea for story writing assistance and English proofreading
- The_Burger_King_420, Uzel, and ilmoro for Spanish translation
- marc_ and luciel for Spanish proofreading
- Pikmin1211 for eventing and enemy placement on “The Warship”, “Zofia Harbor”, “Invaders Descend” and “The Siege”
- ZoramineFae for “The Warship” map
- KrashBoomBang for “Unholy Blade”, “Shattered Earth” and Sylvan Shrine map
- Frigid for “Heir of Disgrace”, “Maiden of Darkness” and “Breaking the Chains” maps
- Dancer_A for Grieth’s Citadel and Nuibaba’s Abode maps, boss conversations
- Sme for TrapRework and assistance with summoner AI
- Vennobennu’s Improved FE8 Boat/Village Tileset
- DerTheVaporeon’s improved cave tileset
- Improved Stronghold tileset by ZoramineFae, flasuban, and N426
- Western Isles Extended tileset and additional bridge tiles for Fields by WAve
Please let me know if I missed anyone.
Patch (Act 3, English and Spanish): Dropbox - Sacred Echoes - Simplify your life
Server link: Sacred Echoes