Sme's Thread of Miscellany

Starting to collect a few creations I’d like to make easily accessible and thought to make individual threads for all of them might get a little bit ludicrous so this thread is for whatever I cook up. For now, starting off with this:

[ASM] Escape / Arrive (FE8)

Escape/Arrive

https://imgur.com/jaszLuH

This hack offers two new map objectives, Escape and Arrive, modeled after their Tellius implementation. With Arrive, when any unit reaches the point and uses the command the chapter will end. With Escape, when any non-lord unit reaches the point and uses the command they will leave the map (this uses REMU, you’ll have to use standard event implementations to reveal them again for later chapters). When the lord unit reaches the point and uses the command the chapter will end.

Creating Arrive and Escape points is simple; they use Seize points, but when event ID flag 0x21 is set Seize becomes Arrive and when event ID flag 0x22 is set Seize becomes Escape. NOTE: Event ID flag 0x23 is also used in the process of escaping units, if you set this the next time a unit ends its turn it will vanish. Avoid using these three IDs (there are 24 before this point that you can use + 5 after, there should be plenty still).

Know that this hack is highly integrated with the Skill System and will not work without it.

Download

Installation

Everything in the Post Combat Skills folder needs to go in Skill System/Post Combat Skills; this piggybacks off of existing post combat things from the skill system to properly let units escape (+ this edits skill system’s canto routines so you can’t canto after escaping)

Everything in the Escape/Arrive folder should probably go in its own folder in Engine Hacks; you’ll want to #include the Escape Installer.event, probably in your Master Hack Installer, which will handle installing everything. Additionally, at the bottom of the skill system’s Master Hack Installer is the unit menu command list; you’ll want to replace the line UM_Seize with the following four lines:

MenuCommand(0x67A, 0x6CC, BlueText, NewSeizeCheck|IsPointer, $8023021)
  MenuCommand(ArriveName, ArriveDesc, BlueText, ArriveCheck|IsPointer, $8023021)
  MenuCommand(EscapeName, EscapeDesc, BlueText, EscapeLordUsability|IsPointer, $8023021)
  MenuCommand(EscapeName, EscapeDesc, BlueText, EscapeGeneralUsability|IsPointer, EscapeGeneralEffect|IsPointer)

These will make Escape and Arrive show up in the menu and make Seize play nice with them; you can change the menu command colors here if you so desire (the color defines are in _UnitMenuDefs).

(This hasn’t been incredibly rigorously tested, so let me know of any issues you find with it!)

[ASM] Super Arena (FE8)

Super Arena

Unused in all 3 GBA Fire Emblem games is a setting for the arena that makes the enemies more difficult across the board. With this hack, after winning 2 arena fights Super Arena is turned on for that unit.

Download

[ASM] Separate Shop Music (FE8)

Unique Shop Musics

Ever wanted your secret shops to have unique music? Well, now they can! This hack changes the vanilla check of if armory play armory, else play vendor with a case for all 3 shop types. The song each has is changable from the EA installer as well.
https://youtu.be/7jRlFHf1mrc
#Download[/details]

Mapping: Improved FE8 Desert Tileset

[details=Desert Tileset]Improved FE8 Desert Tileset
(will prolly merge into thread eventually but for now just a link)

[NMM] FE6/7/8 Sound Room Nightmare Modules

Sound Room Modules

Sound Room Nightmare Modules
(will prolly merge into thread eventually but for now just a link)

[NMM] FE8 Boss Music Editor

Boss Music Editor

Couldn’t find this one anywhere so I did it myself

Download

One word.

AWE-SOME.

Fixed an issue with Escape where any unit that ends their turn is set to undeployed; if you notice in the gif in OP Eirika is absent from the Unit list, due to having moved the previous turn.

Praise Teq

Added Separate Shop Music hack to OP (editing OP doesn’t bump post so I have to oof)

Discourse rework when

Separate shop music. Jaw drops. Epic QoL ASM Sme, hat’s off to you!

[NMM] Boss Music Editor

Couldn’t find this one anywhere so I did it myself

Download

Wait discourse update broke my OP reeeeee

add to OP please

Well I’m fucked