Community ASM Bounty List

People in the FEU discord wanted a thread like this, so I’m making it, there might have been a similar thread in the past, but if that’s true, it’s buried now

This is a wiki post, so feel free to add your requests in the list, along with your name.
For completed requests, strikethrough out the ASM from the list and add a link to the thread with said ASM.

The Bounty List:

• [FE7U] Change the status screen boxes

• [FE8U] Tellius-style skill capacity in skill system

• [FE8U] Range Fix 2.0 - Make it so enemies with both staves and weapons will display both ranges and not just attack range (attack [red] squares take priority) (stretch goal - make enemy staff range also display when pressing select, add a tertiary color for when they overlap)

• [FE8U] Statues - Display-only map sprites, can be toggled on or off via events, can be set to any faction palette, can be set to animate or not animate

• [FE8U] Objective Display counter - Display a manually created counter in the mini objective display on the map, can be incremented / decremented / set / reset using events, counter text will flash green when it is one away from max

• [FE8U] Summon Table 2.0 - Ability to set summoned class type and possible weapons per unit instead of just the unitID (Stretch goal - ability to summon multiple classes, brings up a menu when summoning, can set level requirements for each class type)
    Torches will display the amount of turns lit remaining when hovered over.

• [FE8U] Modular Weapon Types - Modular installer to add more weapon types (knives, dragonstones, etc)

• [FE8U] Debuffs 2.0 - Add a visual effect when debuffs are applied, as well as a visible icon on the map sprite (similar to other status conditions)

• [FE8U] MMB More Items - When only the first item is displayed on MMB, add an indicator if the unit has more than one item

• [FE8U] Item Warning - On warnings/HP bars, add an icon for when enemies have an item that can be stolen, or an item that drops

• [FE8U] Modular map sprite palettes per chapter

• [FE8U] Stats buff against specific weapons- The specific weapon will only have stats boost activated when fighting against specific weapons.

• [FE8U] Switch name by class, chapter, flag - Change the name for the character depending on its class, chapter or flag.

• [FE8U] Custom class name for characters - Change the name for the specific character’s class depending on its class, chapter or flag.

• [FE8U] Custom map sprites for characters - Depending on the specific character, which class, chapter and/or flag, will have a unique moving and hover map sprites.

• [FE8U] Player placement fix - The player placements depends on the last loaded units on the start event, even when it’s not used in the event. This makes it able to load the last loaded units instead.

• [FE8U] Rescue penalty rework based on Constitution- The lower the rescued unit’s Con, the lower are the penalties to the rescuing unit’s Skill and Speed stats and vice versa: the higher the rescued unit’s Con, the higher are the penalties to Skill and Speed stats. The penalty can also be relative to the rescuing unit’s Con. For example, if a unit with 15 Con rescues a unit with 10 Con, the penalty would be smaller than when a unit with 8 Con rescues a unit with 7 Con.

• [FE8U] Displaying if a unit will double during battle (place the x2 or x4 icon behind the damage number?)

• [FE8U] Separate convoys/parties

• [FE8U] Xane Chameleon mechanics

• [FE8U] Gaiden-style free roaming maps

• [FE8U] Tear Ring Saga style party split

Work in Progress:

• [FE8U] AOE Magic - Area of effect magic. Likely modular. Would need a map animation for the attack that copies on all targeted tiles. Would still provide exp. - WIP by hypergammaspaces
  • [FE8U] Tellius-Style Promotions - Units promote automatically by leveling up after level 20 while still having the choice of using promotion items. - WIP by Snakey, Tequila, hypergammaspaces (done, but not released?)
  • [FE8U] FE3H-style equip items - WIP by Kirb

What’s Been Done:

• [FE8U] Modular battle music attack/defense per chapter - done by 7743

• [FE8U] Integrate gaiden magic into skill system - done by Snakey

• [FE8U] StrMag Split Release - done by Snakey

• [FE8U] Weapon-Based Skills - done by Kirb

• [FE8U] Item Skills - done by Kirb

• [FE8U] Reset the win/loss/draw counter- Resets the vs counter that’s displaying for the character. - done by 7743

• [FE8U] Hide the win/loss/draw counter - Hides the win/lose/draw status from displaying on the character screen. - done by Modular Stat Screen

• [FE8U] Exp gain - Change the amount of exp gained for units more or less. - done by Snakey

• [FE8U] Escape and Seize - Integrate escape and global seize (anyone can seize) (original by Sme) - done by Snakey

• [FE8U] Cannot Double Skill System Compatibility - Add a weapon bitflag that makes the weapon unable to double (original by crazycolorz) - already done via Weapon Effect 0xC

• [FE8U] Reaver Split Skill System Compatibility - Make the “Triple Weapon Triangle” and “Reverse Weapon Triangle” effects separate weapon bitflags (original by crazycolorz) - Done by Sme

• [FE8U] Cannot Critical Skill System Compatibility - Set weapon crit to 255 to make it unable to land critical hits - Done by Sme

• [FE8U] Weapon triangle advantage against specific weapons - The ability to have specific weapons have advantage over other specific weapons. - Done by Sme

• [FE8U] FE5-style Fatigue - Done by Sme

• [FE8U] Combat Arts ala Three Houses or Echoes Style - Done by Sme

• [FE8U] Separating the Affinity/Weapon Rank/Movement Icon list from the Item Icon list - Done by Sme

• [FE8U] Global Push Skill System Compatibility - Make an option for push to function like Tellius (global command for non-mounted units, cannot be used on mounted units) - Done by Sme

• [FE8U] Skill Scrolls, for the skill system - Done by Sme

• [FE8U] Tellius Torches - New trap item, torches can be lit when standing next to them and will expand FoW range, can set lighting range, duration and fade (ex vision range lowers by one each turn). - Done by Sme

• [FE8U] Fourth Allegiance - Done by Kirb

• [FE8U] Limited Summoning- Allows you to set a limit on how many times you can summon in a map/chapter, something like unit’s Mag or Mag/2= the amount of times you can summon. - Done by Myi64

• [FE8U] Limited Grinding- Allows you to set the amount of times places like Tower of Valni are accessible between each chapter. For example, you can go there up to say 3 (or whatever amount you want) times before having to clear the next map. After clearing that map this limit refreshes, meaning you can go to Valni 3 times again. - Done by Myi64

14 Likes

Doesn’t circles randomizer have these? Not sure if the source is public, though.

iirc they teach random skills. Making them teach specific skills would be trivial if you’re willing to accept each scroll using an item entry.

Some personal requests and ideas

Range Fix 2.0 - Make it so enemies with both staves and weapons will display both ranges and not just attack range (attack [red] squares take priority) (stretch goal - make enemy staff range also display when pressing select, add a tertiary color for when they overlap)

Statues - Display-only map sprites, can be toggled on or off via events, can be set to any faction palette, can be set to animate or not animate

Objective Display counter - Display a manually created counter in the mini objective display on the map, can be incremented / decremented / set / reset using events, counter text will flash green when it is one away from max

Summon Table 2.0 - Ability to set summoned class type and possible weapons per unit instead of just the unitID (Stretch goal - ability to summon multiple classes, brings up a menu when summoning, can set level requirements for each class type)

Tellius Torches - New trap item, torches can be lit when standing next to them and will expand FoW range, can set lighting range, duration and fade (ex vision range lowers by one each turn). Torches will display the amount of turns lit remaining when hovered over.

Modular Weapon Types - Modular installer to add more weapon types (knives, dragonstones, etc)

Debuffs 2.0 - Add a visual effect when debuffs are applied, as well as a visable icon on the map sprite (similar to other status conditions)

MMB More Items - When only the first item is displayed on MMB, add an indicator if the unit has more than one item

Item Warning - On warnings/HP bars, add an icon for when enemies have an item that can be stolen, or an item that drops

AOE Magic - Area of effect magic. Likely modular. Would need a map animation for the attack that copies on all targeted tiles. Would still provide exp.

Skill System Compatibility:
Escape and Seize - Integrate escape and global seize (anyone can seize) (original by Sme)

Global Push - Make an option for push to function like Tellius (global command for non-mounted units, cannot be used on mounted units)

Reaver Split - Make the “Triple Weapon Triangle” and “Reverse Weapon Triangle” effects separate weapon bitflags (original by crazycolorz)

Cannot Double - Add a weapon bitflag that makes the weapon unable to double (original by crazycolorz)

Cannot Critical - Set weapon crit to 255 to make it unable to land critical hits

3 Likes

[FE8U] Modular battle music attack/defense per chapter

I think it already exists.

Set the attack BGM for each chapter.
You can also change each unit.

Set the attack BGM for each chapter.

Defense BGM has the same meaning as enemy attack BGM.
The enemy’s attack BGM can also be set chapter by chapter.
The attack BGM of NPC can be set similarly.

Some would be an understatement there Pik.

AOE Magic - in progress, I’ve got something similar in the works which can be used as a basis
Reaver Split - I have an implementation (will upload but it’s based off an old Colorz hack)
Summon Table 2.0 - I have a partial implementation with my Summon Rework

3 Likes

I’m kind of taking a break from wizarding right now (AutoNewline took a huge amount of effort), but I’ll think about adding this to ChangeChapterObjective.

2 Likes

Cannot Double

(conflicts with SkillSystems).

Cannot Critical

These are realized by hooking the routine and setting the table, not setting the item flag.

Pour one out for the old thread. I wonder how much of that is still valid now.

really makes you think

3 Likes

How about separating the Affinity/Weapon Rank/Movement Icon list from the Item Icon list?

Modular map sprite palettes per chapter

Add Event: Switch Map Palette (Byte 0x92/146)

Set the second palette in the chapter data free space.
And you can switch by enabling flag 0x28.
However, this method is a little cumbersome.
I think that it is necessary to reimplement it using the same technique as ChangeChapterObjective.

Here are some requests and ideas;

Stats buff against specific weapons- The specific weapon will only have stats boost activated when fighting against specific weapons.

Exp gain - Change the amount of exp gained for units more or less.

Weapon triangle advantage against specific weapons - The ability to have specific weapons have advantage over other specific weapons.

Hide the win/loss/draw counter - Hides the win/lose/draw status from displaying on the character screen.

Reset the win/loss/draw counter- Resets the vs counter that’s displaying for the character.

Switch name by class, chapter, flag - Change the name for the character depending on it’s class, chapter or flag.

Custom class name for characters - Change the name for the specific character’s class depending on it’s class, chapter or flag.

Custom map sprites for characters - Depending on the specific character, which class, chapter and/or flag, will have a unique moving and hover map sprites.

Player placement fix - The player placements depends on the last loaded units on the start event, even when it’s not used in the event. This makes it able to load the last loaded units instead.

Stats buff against specific weapons
Exp gain
Weapon triangle advantage against specific weapons

I think that it will be solved if the skill can be given to the weapon.
With FE8J’s FE8NSkill, weapons can be given skills such as “Paragon”.
I’m not sure how to implement FE8U SkillSystems.

Hide the win/loss/draw counter

With SkillSystems, it may not work??

This is accomplished by Modular EXP.

2 Likes

Tellius-Style Promotions - Units promote automatically by leveling up after level 20 while still having the choice of using promotion items.

2 Likes

Skill System actually hides this by default using MSS. The area where it was drawn is used for displaying skills.

1 Like

If so, I think that it works with my patch because it is a target ROM that does not contain SkillSystems.

Reset the win/loss/draw counter

I created a routine to reset BWL Record.
However, SkillSystems extends this area, so I don’t think it will work at the same time.

This is also already done more or less, and it’s implemented by Sacred Echoes and Legends of Avenir. Tweaking it wouldn’t be too difficult. (Credit goes to Teq and Gamma for this I think. Please correct me if I’m wrong.)