[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

That Demon King is nothing to what he previously was, really
Back on a previous patch before all the dragons were implamented Lagdou floor 10 had all Nechro Dragons, which all inflicted petrify on you on hit, not based on chance, Roy was even more broken than now because the champion class was TOO good (Which Kyle had for a while, making him also a powerhouse with Nihil, rally movement and Resolve)
Fomortiis had 40 on STR, magic and skill, and 37 def and res BEFORE getting boosted by his Demon Light which added +10 str and mag and +15 def and res. Oh the good old times where Fell weapons were even more important than they are now.
Also Cursed Orbs were called Grand Seals and gave +3 all stats instead of the current +2 Cursed Orbs bring.

Btw Hector had a functional Personal Skill because Reaver had Colossus instead of Resolve, which was Caellach’s personal skills. So RIP Hector

Hey @blood something just came up that is a fix to one of your concerns over skill scrolls not being able to be put on shops due to their price being the same, thought you’d be interested on this.

1 Like

Yeah, the thing that always made me sad about the Ruins was that not all Dragon tribes were shown…they were still missing Ice and Flying Dragons…and Summoners couldn’t actually use Summon, which kinda defeats the purpose of having the unit their in the first place over a regular Druid. I do think some of the Ruins floors would do well with a shift in enemy units.

Are there any sprites to that could be used to showcase Flying Dragons? I’m thinking the Wyverns used for the Wyvern Knights would be a nice fit if their size was increased a little bit…make them focused on high movement and crit-based damage like a swordmaster. Ice Dragons already have a nice model…maybe make them work like souped-up mage units?

Another patch also came out from the same user to make stat boosters also durability based, so that could also take out the issue of running out of item slots for stat boosters

1 Like

I think he said that with this change you can have up to 254 Stat booster items (which I’m guessing is the cap for durability based items?)

https://feuniverse.us/t/smes-asm-and-miscellany/4445

So i also found this, which seems to have a bunch of neat patches…it may have something of interest to this hack.

I hope you don’t mean Super Arena… That’s usually my money staple for postgame stat boosters

Additional shops maybe in case different price skill scrolls would be introduced (Anna shop or something like that)

Considering Anna will be a focus with the coming of skill scrolls She could also be a walking shop

Honestly i put up the idea of removing arenas alltogether, in favour of increasing gold gains from skirmishes and increasing EXP gains in campaign maps. Blood actually replied to me at the time, said he was gonna take a look at the arenas.

As for the rest, the magic sword rework seems like a nice idea, dunno if it’s already in effect.

I believe that has already been implemented, might be wrong though

PD: I’d say to buff S rank magic weapons while at it since their might is underwhelming compared to all other S rank weapons.

Also Mjolnir is currently the best S rank Anima tome, having a whopping 5 more Might than Forblaze, while also having a brave effect. Buffing Excalibur and Forblaze is probably a good idea

1 Like

See i always thought that most vanilla S-rank legendary weapons always lacked a proper effect…the only thing they come with is a Slayer effect and some high Might…like the Mulagir for example…it should have some crit attached to it for example.

Eh at this stage, we might aswell just wait for Blood’s (long overdue) update. xD

I would say Mulagir is actually fine, being one of the best Elibe S rank weapons and the best S rank bow too. I’d say all Elibe S rank weapons are better than Magvel S rank weapons (Armads and Garm having a tie, really) Excalibur is better than Forblaze, because +5 speed and only one less might is better than getting luck and +1 might

There’s also a hack that reworks the promo split screen, showing the bonusses you gain, class skills and new weapon proficiency…seems like a good QoL change to this particular hack, as you have 3 promotion branches.

Also the patch that adds extra status effects seems like a good one.

Is there any ETA on the update? xD

Revisited my Tier list and I’d like to say that Cormag would now be A tier (only for Wyvern Knight promo)
reasoning is the complete offense his kit gets. Wyvern rider brings death blow and then combined with all the offense Wyvern Knight has (luna. crit boost, lancefaire) is enough for Cormag to be A tier despite his personal skill (wonder what his new personal skill will be once skill scrolls come around)

Having said that, If Blood has already thought what the new personal skills for rallies will be I’d love to know which of them will be!

1 Like

Amazing hack it looks really good. Is there any chance to build a randomizer in the hack? I would love to play random playthroughts of this version

2 Likes

Small nitpick and probably subjective, but I really do not like the General skill, never being able to double (especially slow af monsters even Gilliam can manage against) really blows. Makes General suck for Amelia too unless you can swap it out

The next update will introduce skill scrolls which will allow you to swap out skills outside of personal or class skills.

That being said, that skill is core for the General class as they are the slowest class in the game, which means you will get doubled by almost everyone which will render your high defense null, especially considering the high might weapons you’ll come across later on. And don’t get me started on the magic units. Those will always double you and with General low RES that will mean death.

True that may make General less appealing to Amelia, but that’s why Halberdier exists… It fits her growths and skills to a T.

My point being that Gilliam is not THAT slow, and the other potential Generals’ Amelia and Kyle aren’t slow at all. If they have far superior promo options, then why have General at all? Being a wall that cant be doubled has limited use anyway in an enemy phase oriented game. It is much more valuable for Gilliam to at least be able to double Revenants and Entombed. Being able to remove it with skill scrolls is good, but considering how slow the majority of units are in FE8 (and factoring in Gilliams speed boost upon promotion) makes never being able to double enemies very unfavorable imo, especially compared to the other choices (Praetor and GK).

My Great Knight Gilliam never got doubled by an enemy that wasn’t a Myrmidon or Paladin, (14 speed at 20/3) so it feels redundant. Some kind of reflect damage skill might be better, like Poison Strike but weaker.

1 Like

Just sounds like playstyle differences to me, not something that warrants an edit…

I was also bothered by it, reducing the viability of endgame potential. However it didn’t really bother me since Provoke was still available from other classes at the time I played and updated Sacred Trilogy (Provoke Gold Knight and Monarch) which those were better users of. As Adalvar said, skill scrolls will allow you to overwrite skills you want to replace.

(I also would love if movement skills weren’t class skills since they would not be able to be replaced by other skills and honestly that feels like a nerf compared to classes that have access to crit boost as their class skill, they could just be made learnable at level 1 or level 2 instead)

Ok a few things to note:

• 1: Why would you ever go General on Kyle, since he’s a mounted unit? You’re taking away half of his identity/utility.

• 2: In Amelia’s case, General was one of her two vanilla options, so the reason why she has General as a option is because she had it in vanilla?. I can agree that alot of the tertiary branch options for promotion are…lackluster to put it mildly (hello War Monk Ross) and could do with a balance pass to make them more appealing, but there will always be choices that are optimal compared to others.

• 3:

Hum…maybe in a vaccum…but when you pair that up with Provoke and suddenly enemy phase becomes much more managable, due to Gilliam’s ability to act as a living lightning rod, soaking up damage at a lower risk of death, while also doing retaliation damage that will set up kills for your allies is a degree of utility that cannot be underestimated. And hell, if you wanna make him a solo threat, throw in a Brave Weapon and watch those speedy Swordmasters, Dreadfighters, Cerberus, etc get a taste of their own poison.

• 4:

At what difficulty were you playing that you weren’t getting doubled by things like DreadFighters, FalcoKnights, Arbalests, freaking Cerberus? Even if you got a blessed speed Gilliam, those things are speed monsters on post-game/higher difficulty settings. I get units in FE8 are slow, but they are not FE7 slow.

At this stage, we’re all just losing our mind waiting for the next update. xD

1 Like