Ysor's ASM Garage

Hello FEU, I’m Ysor. I’m not new, I’m just quiet. I’ve been working on a Hack for about 3 years now and along the way I’ve made several assembly hacks for various reasons. The stuff I’m putting on here however are things I feel other people can get use out of. You can download all this stuff at the Garage. So yeah, feel free to use it if you like and please remember credit me(Ysor, Yor, Vex or Vexalika all work) if you do. I may have some interesting stuff so stop by every once in a while. Let me know if something doesn’t work, yeah?

Avoid Bonus by Class

This hack changes the avoid calculation for an arbitrary list of classes. I personally use it with DSFE avoid by @GratedShtick but it functions just fine in vanilla(Even if its a bit redundant there) as the actual calculation add an extra bonus luck and speed. You can define what classes you want to have boosted avoid and then point to it in the PreBattle Calc Loop. By itself it just inflates avoid even more so you’ll most likely want to use this in conjunction with a change in the avoid formula.

Fire Emblem Heroes Staff Damage Calc

This hack changes the damage calculations of staff weapons to output half damage mimicking the behavior in Fire Emblem Heroes. On the surface its pretty simple but I made it with options in mind. Fire emblem heroes gets up to a lot of shenanigans internally so there are 2 configurable options to follow that behavior. First the WrathfulStaffList, a list of staves that innately ignore damage calculation change and the TruePowerIDLink, which is a skill ID to allow certain units to also bypass the change. It should go without saying but you need to make staves able to attack for this to have any use. You probably wanna pick up murder sticks by @Zeta if you’re gonna make staff weapons though.

Bonus Avoid and Crit Avoid/Dodge/Crit Evade by Item

This hack lets you define weapons that grant bonuses or penalties to a units avoid and/or crit avoid(Dodge)[Crit Evade] similar to Fire Emblem Fates. Configuring is pretty easy since its just 2 list and a macro invloved. Using the macro you can define what weapon, whether or not its a bonus or a penalty and, the actuall value you want. Just a heads up you can make an item in both lists but you cannot have an item that gives a penalty and a bonus to the same stat. Between this and support bonuses you can make Crit avoid a real stat and give your player actual counter-play to Berserkers with Killing machine.

Item Type Weapon Triangle Advantage

This hack based on @Sme’s ItemSpecificWTA and lets you define arbitrary weapon triangle interactions but instead of Item vs Item it’s Item vs Type. So you can have a bow with WTA against all Swords.
Its super simple you pick an item and a type. For the bonuses themselves however, you get to set those independent of your actual weapon triangle. If that’s not your thing you can just change this alongside the real weapon triangle.

Weapon Scaling

This hack allows you to select certain weapons that grant bonuses based on a percentage of a stat(EX. A lance that gains MT based on DEF). The coolest part about this is the calculation because it can get any percent you want(even the harder to reach ones) so you can really go wild if you want. Combine this with other stuff to get some unique weapons or set the weapons MT to 0 and set the stat scaling to 100% and make a weapon use a [Str/Mag] + [Stat] instead of [Str/Mag] + [Mt] just an idea :wink:.

8 Likes

Avoid Bonus by Class
This hack changes the avoid calculation for an arbitrary list of classes. I personally use it with DSFE avoid by @GratedShtick but it functions just fine in vanilla(Even if its a bit redundant there) as the actual calculation add an extra bonus luck and speed. You can define what classes you want to have boosted avoid and then point to it in the PreBattle Calc Loop. By itself it just inflates avoid even more so you’ll most likely want to use this in conjunction with a change in the avoid formula.

Fire Emblem Heroes Staff Damage Calc
This hack changes the damage calculations of staff weapons to output half damage mimicking the behavior in Fire Emblem Heroes. On the surface its pretty simple but I made it with options in mind. Fire emblem heroes gets up to a lot of shenanigans internally so there are 2 configurable options to follow that behavior. First the WrathfulStaffList, a list of staves that innately ignore damage calculation change and the TruePowerIDLink, which is a skill ID to allow certain units to also bypass the change. It should go without saying but you need to make staves able to attack for this to have any use. You probably wanna pick up murder sticks by @Zeta if you’re gonna make staff weapons though.

Bonus Avoid and Crit Avoid/Dodge/Crit Evade by Item
This hack lets you define weapons that grant bonuses or penalties to a units avoid and/or crit avoid(Dodge)[Crit Evade] similar to Fire Emblem Fates. Configuring is pretty easy since its just 2 list and a macro invloved. Using the macro you can define what weapon, whether or not its a bonus or a penalty and, the actuall value you want. Just a heads up you can make an item in both lists but you cannot have an item that gives a penalty and a bonus to the same stat. Between this and support bonuses you can make Crit avoid a real stat and give your player actual counter-play to Berserkers with Killing machine.

Item Type Weapon Triangle Advantage
This hack based on @Sme’s ItemSpecificWTA and lets you define arbitrary weapon triangle interactions but instead of Item vs Item it’s Item vs Type. So you can have a bow with WTA against all Swords.
Its super simple you pick an item and a type. For the bonuses themselves however, you get to set those independent of your actual weapon triangle. If that’s not your thing you can just change this alongside the real weapon triangle.

14 Likes

Holy shit how did I not know about the Avoid/Crit Avoid by weapon hack until just now? I was planning to just make skills that give X avoid/crit avoid and slap them on weapons as needed, but this is a much more eloquent solution and saves me from having to use the weapon’s skill slot. Great work, thanks so much for making it!

2 Likes

Hey glad you could find it! I definitely ran into the same issue except it was for Crit avoid and this is how I tacked it. The original draft of the code was very inconsiderate for lack of a better word. I had to rewrite quite a bit to make it more flexible and I’m pretty satisfied with it. If you find any issue please let me know.

Also I may be able to drop another hack (along side my polished 4hr blitz) in mid to late September so check back for something moderately useful.

2 Likes

Yo I lied. I got something new way earlier due to sudden burst of motivation so here it is:
Weapon Scaling
This hack allows you to select certain weapons that grant bonuses based on a percentage of a stat(EX. A lance that gains MT based on DEF). The coolest part about this is the calculation because it can get any percent you want(even the harder to reach ones) so you can really go wild if you want. Combine this with other stuff to get some unique weapons or set the weapons MT to 0 and set the stat scaling to 100% and make a weapon use a [Str/Mag] + [Stat] instead of [Str/Mag] + [Mt] just an idea :wink:.

I’ve also fixed the Avo/Ddg code to stop it from applying twice on Player phase so update that if you’re using it.

Finally I want to add on a few things about my 4hr Blitz Hack. I’m currently re planning a few things about it and I’m probably gonna fully remake it in buildfiles so it might take a bit longer (hopefully I can release my actually hack before then) but the end result should be worth it.

As usual please please please LMK if something is broken and I will try to fix it ASAP.

6 Likes