A noob post, but I’m still having trouble. I’ve tried a bunch of different versions of FE8 and a bunch of different patches (.ups), but whenever I patch a game and run it it crashes as soon as I press a button on the start menu. For example, I tried to use the FE8 Mad Mode patch with both NUPS and Rom Patcher JS: both versions of the patched game crash. (I’ve tried using two versions of FE8: one labelled US and one labelled USA/ Austrailia.)
Thanks in advance!
Please confirm that your emulator can correctly load and play fe8 unpatched. Also confirm that your rom matches the automated checks when patching. (If it says it does not match, then you have a problem.)
I suggest trying again with a different patch and loading the resulting .gba file with the emulator mGBA on pc. mGBA is highly accurate to real hardware.
Emblemier does it in a legal way where your device does the patching without anything going through its server - you could ask HeartHero about it, as I don’t understand it. I have no idea if this website is hosting your rom online for a couple seconds or not, but it does feel sketch to me too.
Currently emblemier is very slow at patching, but I am hyped for when it’s ready for more users to try out. I think this website is good to recommend for ups patching in the meantime as it is very fast and works on whichever device, be it phone, tablet, or computer.