GAMERS - Graphic Artists Make Especially Radical Sprites

This is the sequel topic for Freakishly Ugly Combo Kit, Create an Ugly Mug, and Everyone Designs Graphical Entities.

Gamers. The most oppressed minority. Do you know who comprises 100% of all gamers?
That’s right.
Spriters.

This topic is part of a long-running series of spriting topics which allow people to make cool mugs for the Fire Emblem Graphical Repository.

Here are all of the mugs people have made over the past 6 years.
https://i.imgur.com/ILdUjUs.png
https://i.imgur.com/eL0I0Xs.png
You can also download all of these mugs and find their credits inside the Portrait Repository. If you don’t know how to download things from the repo, follow this guide.

It’s a new year, and time for EDGE’s sequel. As Gamers, we’re used to change, and this topic will indeed bring some of that along!

Rules:

1. All mugs created must be Free To Edit.
  2. The goal of this topic, like for EDGE, is to make good-looking mugs for the repo and for aspiring game creators. Preferably, don’t submit bad-looking mugs or monstrosities. We have plenty of those. Mugs made by inexperienced spriters are not a problem. Everyone starts somewhere!
  3. If possible, try to include eye and mouth frames for your mug. If you don’t, that’s fine, but it’s good to make an effort!
  4. The rules are made up and the points don’t matter. Except #1, that’s the important one.

In this topic, I’ll be changing the format once again. This time, our theme is Contestant Choice.

Each person will post one mug at a time. The next person will pick one or two other mugs from the Portrait Repository (only those from the vanilla games, or those clearly labeled “F2E”) and merge them together to make a new mug. Full customing or heavy customing is allowed.

So, if XVI posts Nino, Sterling might come in and merge two mugs of his choice, like Vaida and Saleh, and mash them together with Nino to make a new mug.

If you use a mug from the repo that is marked F2E because other people made it, be sure to list them in your credits!

Usable mugs:
https://i.imgur.com/jz9xCgp.jpg
And any F2E mug from the Portrait Repository.

Here is the first mug I’m putting up for the first contestant.

https://i.imgur.com/vfgOpNw.png
This is one of Nickt’s mugs, and all his work is F2E. Merge it with two other mugs of your choice, include frames and a chibi (if you want) and post it here! Then post a new mug for the next person!

Have fun :slight_smile:

18 Likes

gaming

5 Likes

This is basically “How bizarre can our sprites go by our creativity.”

3 Likes

Am I gameing right?
gamer-1

Portraits used
Idunn Dragon Orson

Version without eyepatch:
gamer-2

11 Likes

That’s the perfect way to start things off!

Well, except you didn’t post the next mug for people to use.

2 Likes

Me is the big dumb
Ephidel Uncloaked
Here’s the next one

3 Likes

Here is my contribution
gg

Eh why not. Next one shall be Nino.
Portrait Editor fe 7 boss.gba_57@39 Nino_0102D824

10 Likes
6 Likes

Dragon
Tried To Make a Dragon

Portraits Used:
Myrrh(Dragon Wings Variant) Fae

Next Up:
Debias

11 Likes

Augusta

Next:
Zelot

14 Likes

Cool mug! Don’t forget to list the portraits you used!

image image

you gotta do a splice to say the next splice

GAMERS_jerrot
Used Jerrot/Zelot for this one. Mostly just kept it simple.

the boys
And here’s the mugs I used. I also used FE8’s outline color.

zonta
Next.

EDIT: I just realized the rules said one or two other mugs. Dang it, oh well.

10 Likes

Sue + Isadora

3 Likes

gg
Used Ephraim and Innes for this one.
For the nex one let’s go with the man the myth the legend:
E4E7004C-F93B-43D8-82DA-79544052D4C9
Glass!

11 Likes

Adon
Mug used : Forde
NEXT
Melady

6 Likes

Mug used : Ratface

NEXT

Ps i know this portrait doesn’t look good compared to others that because i was using a mobile app to edited this portrait so that the best i can work with. Hey at least is something.

5 Likes

Err… you wanna post that in a not 300% size jpeg format? I can’t tell if you’re trolling.

Like, bruh.

Is this small enough for you.