EDGE - Everyone Designs Graphical Entities

It has been nearly two full months since this topic got a post.

Let’s spice things up a little. Let’s go META, baby! Make an edgy mug from these three previous EDGE submissions.

Zmr’s Nomadic Warrior Guy:

CanDy’s Sir Geitz the Magus:

XVI’s Drunken Sailor Guy:

And don’t forget, you can use one mug of your own choice!

That’s right, we’re going EDGEception. This isn’t just EDGE, it’s maximum OVER-EDGE. EDGEtacular! EDGEstatic!

…Okay that last one made me chuckle a little.

11 Likes

EDGE_character
well that was interesting

Here are the next two
Tfsoe1ds

Untitled

6 Likes

EDGE Wanderer
Here you go! Not sure how well the hair turned out, but I’m proud of the outfit, at least. Third portrait was Eubans.

Here are the next two: Santa and an elf.
imageimage

7 Likes

I’m late but here’s my submission anyway
green warrior guy
(Credit goes to Zmr, CanDy and XVI)

Funky cavalry dude
A bit rough around the EDGEs but i still like it

Now for the next duo:

9 Likes

Considering it looks like you used Sain as the third mug, I named your mug “Santa the Night Elf” which I’m kind of proud of :laughing:

Lots of great submissions already. This artist community is awesome.

2 Likes

coco

did not post on time, how sad

5 Likes

poizonfinal
was fun to do

third portrait:
Bandit Beard

next two:
Zinque Cameron

7 Likes

I used Aias for the third portrait.
Next two:

10 Likes

Pink armour knight girl but not wendy i swear
I used this fe6 pegasus knight for the 3rd portrait.
Fe6 pegasus knight
And here’s the next 2:
Karla sprite sheet
Milady sprite sheet

7 Likes

Making this was a lot of fun. Used Artur for the 3rd mug.
gg
This pair should do:
pair

8 Likes

Shirtless Valter was my third. Berserker-ish fella… or a really beefy soldier perhaps, considering the hat.
Valter Shirtless

Sniper time for the next 2

(edited bc forgot blinking frames)

(edit 2 bc polish. I promise I’m done now)

(I lied. Fixed pixels going into hackbox on the top of his shoulder. I’m sorry I’m new to this and a perfectionist LOL)

5 Likes

Fancy Archer Final gba
was also fun to do

third portrait used:
Joshua_Bard
Fancy Bard Joshua by: MeatOfJustice

next up:
Puck (FullPortrait) by ZessDynamite
Juno

9 Likes

nice guy Innes lookin real sharp

FE Mug EDGE_1
Fudged up and saved over the original wip. My b. The third portrait was Nils.
Nils

Next two. For fun, try to make a female paladin!

Syrene

4 Likes

I’m working on the sequel for this topic. However, I’m a pretty dang busy guy, so I wanted to ask the community for help.

Would anyone be willing to compile a super image from all of the submitted EDGE mugs?

You can find all of them in this folder.

https://puu.sh/I8B2U/72cf5954b9.zip

There are 415 images in total. That is a LOT. If possible, I’d like to make a super image like this one in the OP:

But I don’t want the EDGE mugs merged with this sheet, just put them on their own.

If nobody is willing to do that, then it’s not a big deal. It’d be great if they did, because it will take me months to have enough free time to do so myself.

(Also, the next topic will be either GAMER, GAMES, or GAMERS, as we represent the most oppressed minority. :fist: )

Edit: Actually, I just realized a large chunk of that folder isn’t just EDGE, but also submissions from FUCK/CUM (lol). So… those would not be included… I should have named them after their prefix.

3 Likes

i have some questions. after checking the main post, i’ve noticed the following:

regarding point 7: does that mean we can pretty much do whatever we want with the mugs, regardless of guidelines and sources?

i’m asking because there’s many other games from the GBA era that are not related in any way to FE, but still use portraits in a similar manner( for example: Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, Gundam games, basicly anything else involving 2D pixel art ), so by removing franchise and guidelines restrictions, we might end up with some really different stuff in the long run.
however, if you want to keep this exclusive to FE for a matter of visual styles, that’s fine as well.

we can always make another thread for variations mentioned above, especially because the “Contest” section under “Creative” doesn’t look much active to be honest( could be just my impression though, as i’m new around here ), so doing something like that might help as well.

1 Like

Many thanks to Mag, one of the devs for Lex Talionis. He compiled the image last night. Ended up merging all of the mugs together, which is fine by me. Now all the FUCK/CUM/EDGE mugs are on one sheet. I might organize it later :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks to Edge (and specifically, mugs from Ponyboy and Laurent/Kanna/Raymond and hair colors from @HusbandoEmblem), I made my first splice! Made two different color schemes of it. Figured that I’d give back to the thing that helped me make a new mug for my hack!

Danielle WIP 10
Danielle WIP 7

6 Likes

I have posted GAMERS, the sequel to EDGE.

To the mods, please lock this topic. Major credit to Mag from the LT server for compiling the EDGE mugs into one image for me!

2 Likes