I’ve been waiting for this day for a long time.
UPDATE 5/10/2023 You can Download the UPS patch here (Make sure to use a clean FE8[U] ROM → Fire Emblem - Binding Blade ‘Remake’ 5.10.2023
UPDATE 5/10/2023 (Massive Update)
- Stat Screen now looks more like the original Stat Screen in FE6
- Opening Class Reel freeze bug fixed
- Opening Class Reel now shows all of the classes seen in the game
- New classes Trueblade and Wyvern General for Karel and Murdock respectively
- New animations for various characters including a new Master Lord Roy animation (made by @UltraFenix)
- Various color palettes are changed to better resemble character portrait and official art. Special thanks to UltraFenix
- New map animations for various classes such as Mage General, Recruit, and Prophet
- Sophia Shaman animation changed to vanilla FE6 [F] Shaman animation
- Various music tracks have been updated to have the correct instruments play for each sound channel
- Updated Send Home Units Chapter so it is now available from Chapter 8x - Chapter 21x to prevent a huge influx of Spirit Dusts near the endgame and in case of Iron Man runs, Send Home Units is now optional. HOWEVER, it is still important to stay under the 50 unit limit
- Updated Send Home Units Chapter map to be more akin to a base of operations for Roy’s army
- Igrene now joins in Chapter 14 Arcadia instead of Chapter 15 The Dragon Girl
- Changed starting inventory of various units on their join chapters
- Added the S Rank weapons from FE7 (Regal Blade / Rex Hasta / Basilikos / Rienfleche / Excalibur / Gespent which are now available in the chests in Chapter 21x Elder Revelation
- Fixed Tower of Valni stuck at Floor 1 Bug. Now, as you progress through the game, Tower of Valni’s floors will be unlocked. Example, if you complete Chapter 9, floor 2 will be unlocked. If you complete Chapter 10, floor 3 will be unlocked. So on and so forth
- Fixed Manakete freeze bug when fighting against a unit with Tome Range +1 / Bow Range +1.
- Removed Nihl Skill from Manaketes
- Fixed Eliwood Reinforcement auto end turn bug
- Fixed Shining Bow at point-blank range with Nomad Trooper freeze bug
- Added new dialogues between cutscenes.
- Gave Hatchet a crit of 10 to be more akin to a Slim weapon.
- Added in Wolf Beil from FE7
- Roy can now use Noble Rapier
- Lilina can now use Wolf Beil
- Sue can now use Mani Katti
- Made it so even Generic Enemies have blinking portraits
- Added in Skill Activation animations
- Changed item icon for the “Fire Emblem”
- Implemented Dancer Rings like Nini’s Grace, Fila’s Might, Thor’s Ire, and Set’s Litany
- Elffin can now use Dancer Rings
- Fixed audio bugs for Elffin’s battle animation
- Organized the Sound Room
- Changed base stats of certain units for balancing purposes
- Changed levels of certain units for balancing purposes
- Changed growth rates of certain units for balancing purposes
- Lowen’s Lance now has Lancebreak Skill built into it
- Rebecca’s Bow now has Bowbreaker Skill built into it
- When healing a unit with a stave, now shows the heal amount before use
- Rebecca has custom animation
- Brigands and Berserkers have updated animations
- Added a New Game Prologue cutscene
- Fixed Hammer / Armorslayer effectiveness bug
I literally pulled a Thanos on Nintendo.
If you’ve played Binding Blade before or haven’t at all, then you HAVE to play my “Remake”. I am insane when it comes to Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. I’m the Binding Blade Guy
…I’ve researched a ton of information on the Binding Blade game and asked the personal opinions of many in the FE community as to what they would like to see in a rendition of Binding Blade. Some of you may disagree with the changes I’ve made and that’s okay. I will take any constructive criticism to heart because I want this ROM hack to be enjoyable by others. I want to list ALL the changes I’ve made about this game, but I also want you to see the changes I’ve made from just playing it. However, I’ll give my reasons to some of the important changes.
CHANGES MADE TO THE GAME **Note: This isn’t a 1:1 recreation of Binding Blade.This uses Project Ember as a base for certain parts of the game. The reason being is that I personally like a lot of what Project Ember does. I think they had the right idea when it came to balancing the game. I also wanted to make it different enough from the OG FE6 to warrant a new way to play the game. Don’t take it seriously as an ‘actual remake’.
This game will use the FE8 engine with the skillsys. I ported EVERYTHING from FE6 into FE8.
In order to unlock the extra chapters after Ch. 22: The Neverending Dream, you must have obtained ALL of the Legendary Weapons and make sure none of them have been broken. That includes the Saint’s Staff which wasn’t a vanilla FE6 requirement.
Merlinus is gone. Actually, he’s still in the story. However, I removed the transporter as it seemed “outdated”. Modern Fire Emblem games use convoys that are on the Lord, so I figured that it would just make life easier to give Roy the supply. Also Lilina is now a Lord.
In the original Binding Blade, you could have a max of 51 characters in your barracks. My game will have 60 characters + Tower of Valni and Lagdou Ruins characters (The vanilla FE8 ROM could only have 50 or 51 characters at a time without causing problems to the ROM, so in order to circumvent this, I added a feature at the end of Chapters 18 and 19 similar to FEH where you can “Send Home” units you don’t use so you can recruit more in the end (of course, there’s also the kill a unit you won’t use alternative). You can send up to 5 units at a time and to compensate for you having to send home a unit, you get a Spirit Dust per unit sent home (Due to the Str / Mag split, I thought this would be a creative way of putting in Mag stat boosting items without changing much of the existing items you get through treasure, villages, etc.) If there was a way you could have more units without the ROM breaking, I would use it, but for now, we have to do with what we have.
No Western Isles or Ilia / Sacae route split. This may be a little controversial to some, but hear me out. I believe you should be able to play every character that is playable in Binding Blade. My argument is that to the people who’ve only played Binding Blade once and took the A route in Western Isles arc and the Ilia route, they never got to play as Bartre, Elffin, or Dayan which is unfair because all these three characters are great and fun to use. So, in my ROM hack, you’ll take the A Route in the Western Isles arc, and the Ilia Route. I still implemented the Sacae chapters but in a different way.
ROY PROMOTES EARLY A lot of people really want this, and I did too. If you didn’t get the true ending of Binding Blade, you’d only be able to play as promoted Roy for ONE chapter. It’s stupid, so he now promotes at the end of chapter 16 or chapter 16x. I figured that he should promote when Guinivere gives Roy the Fire Emblem at the end of Chapter 16 / 16x, not when he gets the Binding Blade. Not only that, but he is given the Fire Emblem as an equippable weapon. The Fire Emblem is something only Roy can use and it’s a 1-2 range magic weapon that is essentially what gives the Binding Blade’s it’s flame abilities. After all, the Fire Emblem is “the key” to unlocking the sword.
Prf Weapons. They will be abundant in this game. The reason I did this was to incentivise the use of units you probably wouldn’t otherwise use if they didn’t have something going for them. Instead of making drastic changes to their bases and growth rates, I’d instead give them personal weapons that fit their personalities. Mostly all of the Prf weapons will have 25 uses for balance purposes. There are certain ways to get the Prf weapons so try to get them all!
Talk Features. Ever wondered why in the middle of a chapter you could talk with certain units and maybe get a little story progression through it, but you’d waste a turn because of it? Well, I’ve made a change to incentivise the use of the Talk feature. For example, in Chapter 2, when Dieck arrives on the scene, Roy can talk to Dieck (and vice versa) and they’d get a few words of dialogue together but that’s it. In MY game, whoever initiates the conversation will be given 50 EXP. That’s just an example, but depending on certain conditions, there are other things you can receive from talking to people on the battlefield. So try it out!
FE6 Story. I didn’t want to change the story TOO much, after all if I did, it wouldn’t be the Binding Blade. However, I did make some bold choices with the story and I won’t spoil anything but I looked at it from this perspective: If I were to direct the official Binding Blade remake, what would I like to see? What would others want to see? I took inspiration from how IS remade Fire Emblem: Gaiden into Shadows of Valentia. Don’t worry, I didn’t go full psycho mode and make an outlandish fanfiction. I simply added in what I believe could happen in an FE6 remake (Returning FE7 characters?) I also tried my best to not pull an OG FE6 and have new recruits speak for only one chapter and then never speak again in the story, even if they’re alive. I put as many new lines as I could without changing the story too much while each character would retain their personalities.
Music. I had a blast adding in the music for this game. Listen, the FE6 soundtrack is great, but I feel like it’s held back by it’s outdated soundfont. An example would be the Alm Player Phase theme that plays during the trial maps. It sounds pathetic. So, I’ve taken the liberty of updating some songs in the game with the FE8 instruments. Don’t worry, I stayed within the confines of the FE series OST. Hopefully, the music choices are to your liking.
Portraits. THIS took FOREVER (Special thanks to Obsidian Daddy for the blinking frames.) Now, the portaits in FE6 look disgusting. I’m sorry, but the color choices just hurt my eyes, also some of them just don’t make sense when compared to their concept art. An example would be Gwendolyn. Why does she have pink armor in her portrait when in her official art, she has orange armor??? So I’ve taken the liberty of pain stakenly going in photoshop and changing the colors of each portrait to be better on the eyes and overall viewing experience.
And Many More… What I’ve stated above is essentially the “major” changes I’ve decided to share with you. I’ll tell you this much. This game would be fully appreciated if you’ve played the original FE6 first, that way you can see the changes I’ve made first hand and just say, “Wow, a lot of work was put into this game. The guy who made this hack really took FE6 and ‘remade’ it with a lot of quality of life additions.” Let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or if you find any bugs or glitches that I should attend to. I will gladly update the UPS file so it is to people’s liking.
Previous Patch Notes: Previous Patch Notes | FE6 'Remake' - Google Docs
Skill Distribution List: List of Skills in Fire Emblem - Binding Blade 'Remake' - Google Sheets
Promotion Chart: Promotion Chart in Fire Emblem - Binding Blade 'Remake' - Google Sheets
If you would like to support me, then follow my socials. I put hundreds of hours into making this game and I hope you all enjoy it.
Special Thanks to
- The PE Team
- Knives for recommendations to balancing ROM.
- MageBoy for playtesting on Normal difficulty, reporting issues for me to fix, and recommending changes to the ROM.
- The SkillSystem_FE8 Team
Credits to be updated…
Various Map Textures and Item Icons from Project Ember
FE6 [T2] Roy Master Lord by UltraFenix
[Marshall] [U] FE10-Style by Nuramon
[Marshall] [U] FE10-Style Big Handaxe by UltraFenix
[Marshall] [U] FE10-Style by Nuramon
FE6 Roy-Reskin [M] Echoes-Style by Jeorge_Reds
FE6 Roy-Reskin [M] Echoes-Style Sword Tip Glow by UltraFenix
[Knight-Variant] [F] Wendy by RedBean
[GK-Base] [U] Repal by Skitty
[Great Lord-Custom] [M] Master Knight by St Jack
FE7 Hector-Reskin [M] T2 Orion by TytheBub
FE7 Lyn-Style [F] Brave Lyn Nomad by RedBean
[Custom DM] [F] Sophia by Redbean
[T3 Necromancer] [F] Archsage Lilina by Redbean
[Mage-Reskin] [F] Lilina by RedBean
[Thief-Base] [F] Cath Custom by RedBean
[Dancer-Base] [F] Larum by Redbean
War Monk / War Cleric Map Sprite by Der
War Monk / War Cleric Battle Animation by DerVaporeon
Bowmaster Battle Animation by JeyTheCount
Lyn Axe Battle Animation by Vilkalizer
Bow Knight Map Sprite by Flasuban
Dark Knight (Hooded) Map Sprite by Pikmin, Nuramon, Der
[M]Mage Lord v1 by Eldtrich
[F] Lilina by Mikey Seregon
[F] Cecilia by Plant_Academy
Amelia (F) T1 (Spud’s Infantry) by Blood
Halberdier (F) Amelia by Blood, Dei, dondon151
[Custom Halb] [M] Halberdier + Axes by TBA]
[Recruit-Amelia] [F] T1 Soldier by Spud
[Recruit-Amelia] [F] T2 Halberdier by Spud
Sophia Portrait by Plant_Academy
Exfire Spell Animation SHYUTERz, HIROTO, Fenreir, 7743
Prominence - FE6 Forblaze DerTheVaporeon
Long-Hair TLP Style Repal by Raulster
Lyn Adult Portrait by Spoon_Rythm, Wasdye
Saint Elimine Portrait by Raulster
Florina Portrait by RedBean
Battle Frames & Backgrounds/ Battle Screen by Sokaballa’s
FE12 - Before Battle by Swift Saturn
FE11 - For Liberty by Sme
FE11 - Into the Darkness by REALxViPerZ
Bolt Axe Weapon Icon by Zelix
Spirit Dust Icon by Zelix
Sunflower Blade Icon by UltraFenix