Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade 'Remake' [FE6 in FE8] [COMPLETE]

The mere fact of having completely transferred FE6 inside the FE8 engine is a great merit. And in fact as they say above, I think you are the first to achieve this great feat, so congratulations! I will definitely try this hackrom while Engage arrives :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So…are we not gonna talk about the stolen portraits from Queen’s Sword, a Japanese hack?
Portrait Editor Fire Emblem - Binding Blade Remake Patch.gba_179@B3 Barigan_011E64A8
Portrait Editor Fire Emblem - Binding Blade Remake Patch.gba_181@B5 Hartmut_011E64E0

11 Likes

Oh damn this sounds nice.

It’s a shame that war dragons remain of a single kind… Kinda diminishes Idunn’s theme as a dragon “broodmother”. There’s another hack called Sacred Trilogy that used the Ruins to put multiple dragon types if you wanna take a look at that for a potential future update.

Sophia seems awesome here, does she have Spectrum Stance as a personal?

Fae also seems really nice… My two sole nitpicks is that Dragon Fang is more of a class skill than a personal one… And Lucky Seven as a final seems underwhelming.

OK, so Idunn chapter seems like a blast to expect.

Final question as I don’t want to spoil my self too much… Will there be assassins as a promotion here?

Was the addition of a slur really necessary, dude?

Slur warning

debiasslur

24 Likes

As a fellow FE6 enjoyer, This looks really dope from the screenshots shown alone.
As you’ve clearly seen, many people have seen the Roy/Wolt chapter 1 solo as an issue, and I would like to make a suggestion to remedy that.
First, my experience with the map: I would like to say that, playing on hard, Roy simply needs 1 or 2 levels in strength to one round the majority of the enemies on the map with his iron sword, which isn’t a good or bad thing per say, but considering the rapier has that extra 2 might, it feels more like Roy face tanks a few enemies while Wolt sits back and gets his player phase EXP.

Second, the contrast in the stories: In the original story, Lance is sent from Castle Pherae to Roy’s group requesting aid from the bandits besieging the castle, leaving Eliwood and Merlinus to defend Lilina, who is visiting. In your rendition, Eliwood is there with Marcus, Lance, Allen, Merlinus, and Lilina, accompanied by Bors, who is visiting. Nobody is sent to aid or warn Roy of the bandits laying waste to Lycia, and all of their fighting is spent in the castle, where just outside a village is destroyed.

Third, my suggestion: Instead of nobody leaving Castle Pherae, why not have Allen and Lance warn Roy of the danger they’ll come across, by rushing towards him before the map begins? Marcus could tell the cavs that Roy will need some help, and send them on their way.
Alternatively, Allen, upon seeing a village get destroyed, rushed out to the ruins in order to fight the brigands, Lance is then told by Marcus to go after him, since his rashness will likely get him killed.

Of course, it’s up to you to change any of this, since the chapter seems to be molded in such a way that Roy gets some early levels out of it.
I look forward to exploring the rest of this hack and what it has to offer.

EDIT:
While playing Chapter 2, I notice two of the same typo “cheif”

Fire Emblem - The Binding Blade ZEN_01
Fire Emblem - The Binding Blade ZEN_03

2 Likes

While checking some things out in FEBuilder, a friend of mine noticed that the added supports in this hack seem to have been copied word for word from Project Ember. I am unaware of whether or not you were given permission by the PE devs to do this, but if not this would be blatant plagiarism of another project on this site, no?

19 Likes

Wait are all of the characters that were playable in Project Ember playable in this hack as well?

Alright I’m no mod but I’m going to say before this turns into a shite slinging fest - before anyone points out anymore odd stuff already pointed out I think it’s best to reach out privately to the mod team and let them work things out with ZeN. I’m asking as a fellow community member before this potentially really cool thing becomes too tainted. Cheers

16 Likes

short answer:yes
long answer:yeeees

1 Like

Okay hold up do theses characters that were exclusively playable in Project Ember did they have anything new to them? Like new dialogue new support conversations any battle conversations with some boss characters perhaps? Heck im very curious as to what you did to Roach?

Just hazarding a guess and saying “since that’s the most recent/accurate translation of FE6 that using it’s script as the base was just fine” and rolled with it.

Edit:the entire Roach thing is absent, so there is that.

We’re taking a look at this project’s use of assets. Thanks for people’s reports.

15 Likes

Man, Really hoping this doesn’t get locked on the same day of posting.

1 Like

Question: Just finished the first two chapters (first one was pretty tough with just Roy and Wolt, thank the maker for those Vulneraries), but shops and armories aren’t accessible from the world map. Is this intentional?

They will at like chapter 3 or so? It’s just like vanilla 8 where some have certain shops

Is it just me or my units snowballing pretty fast? I’m on chapter 6 and my god like half of my units are just decimating. I’m playing on hard mode so idk if it’s just easy in the early game then gradually gets harder? Idk all I know is I’m loving this! A few little nitpicky things but overall stellar work!

1 Like

Only on certain chapters can you access the shop / armory through the world map.

@TheSuzakuSeven When I personally playtested this game, I was afraid of snowballing too just because the existence of the skillsys makes the game much easier. I increased the stats of the enemies by a little bit to compensate, but it looks like it’s not enough… I might just have to increase the stats of the enemies again to make it harder.

1 Like

Yes make the game HARDER!!! need that maddening/Lunatic difficulty!!

1 Like

I think that this game would have unironically been more fun had you just ported fe6 or PE 1 to 1 into fe8 rather than the several baffling changes made here. Many of the skills, especially on enemies, feel either haphazardly dropped without much thought given to the consequences. And when it does feel like skills were handed out deliberately, it becomes baffling in another way, because they serve to just limit options and make the game feel even more unfun. I don’t really want to keep ragging on the 2 unit chapter 1, but playing through that alone nearly got me to quit, because not only is it so far removed from the gameplay of fe6, but the most optimal way to beat the chapter is to not interact with it. Your options are limited to having Roy and Wolt sit in place for turns on end, praying that luck goes their way or else you have to reset, over and over again. That isn’t difficulty, that’s just bullshit game design.

Honestly, for all this game claims to be a labor of love for fe6, it seems to be almost a copy paste of PE in many areas from stats to prfs and enemy placements. And even then, this seems to miss any of what made PE enjoyable, so it’s lacking as even some sort of PE remake as well.

I do not want to just shit on the hack, so I will say that I admire the work that must have gone in to making this and doing events and all that. But I think for a game claiming to be the “TRUE” FE6 experience, the game diverges so heavily from the source material, that calling it this is inaccurate/misleading.

26 Likes

I feel some characters bases are a tad too high. My chad already capped speed at level 10. Also I’m doing an iron man run and I lost wade in chapter 2 but he keeps showing up as a character I can use in ever map but the game doesn’t register him as a character because it auto ends before I move him and the enemies pile onto him but don’t attack.

That is interesting, I never had that issue before. I’ll try to replicate the issue and fix it as soon as I can. Thank you for the info.