This is what’s called a “wiki post.” It’s one of those cool discourse features, so anybody can edit this list. It’s pretty great. You’re welcome.
Golden rule: be respectful. Make sure we’re adding substantive well-thought requests.
I think it would be helpful if we included all knowledge on how to do something or what else we would need to do something as well, so someone else can pick up from what one person doesn’t know ~@Crazycolorz5
- Contemporary FE style talk and support, where using these commands does not end the initiating unit’s turn. ~@dondon151 (unfortunately in making this edit I somehow slightly broke the bullet formatting in this section)
- Should be doable by editing the data written back at the end of the routine… See the data written back by Wait, and contrast that with Item. ~@Crazycolorz5
- Levels and stats allowed to go over 31(Maybe go to 40 or something, nothing stupidly high) Originally I just though about stats over 31(iirc Blazer coded an item that allowed for this to occur but I can’t find the video on YT), but in tandem with the non-level reset patch Nintenlord made, it might work out pretty well? I’m not sure, I’m only really interested in stats going to 40 as opposed to the normal 31 limit. ~ @Dancer_A
- If I recall correctly, the difficulty is that FE save files save stats in 6 bits when making save files(limiting the stat to 31). The patch to get around this, somewhat, changes the saving and loading to remove the class’s base stats and re-add them on(if you ask me it reminds me of dehydrating and reconstituting food, but I’m etting off topic), but limits stats to 31+class base. So unless someone did a huge overhaul of the entire save system, I don’t think this is possible. ~@Crazycolorz5
- Saves allow negative values, right? Couldn’t you just theoretically bump up all the class bases by an arbitrary number e.g. 10 and then bump down everyone’s personal bases by 10? ~@Agro
- FEditor already does this @CT075
- I reread over the documentation and FEditor’s patch indeed only subtracts the character bases and not the class bases. ~@Crazycolorz5
- Should be doable with an expasnion of the save data, and reallocation of save space. (Read: A Royal Pain but doable)
- Change Animation 1 & 2 to both display backgrounds. 1 is normal animations, 2 is animations on player phase only. Nintenlord has documentation on hacking these options for The Last Promise’s DS backgrounds.
- @Venno has already accomplished this, with intent to replace the solo command as well, which frees up a byte of memory for character data.
- Change the supply mechanics such that character 0x3A (Merlinus) doesn’t have to be loaded to make storage/battle prep shop accessible. ~@Agro
- Having luck affect level ups maybe? Something like --> this thing here
I don’t have a clue how balanced this is obviously, but it’s a thought. ~@Dancer_A
- Remember when @Arch was making FireShell, and he tried repointing the Event Pointer table, but only the indices that were meant to be events could be used for events? Or rather, that they are even automatically loaded for the chapter? Change this routine to read off of some table so we can make an arbitrary number of events.
- Being able to increase/decrease stats on command. ~@Agro
- The actual increase or decrease of stats shouldn’t be difficult, but making the popup telling you “defense increase” or whatnot is going to be a pain~@Crazycolorz5.
- Better than nothing, I guess. If anything, one can always use the brown text box or otherwise to display the same information. ~@Agro
- Making text info boxes on items (e.g. "Weapon Level increased") ~@Crazycolorz5
- Taking another look at this, probably just moving the active unit over and then calling the stat up routine might be sufficient ~@Crazycolorz5
- Being able to increase/decrease(idk when this would be necessary) levels on command(and thus changing stats based off of accurate level rolls). ~@Dancer_A
- Check out Nintenlord’s Notes/Stats/level up.txt There’s some offsets to some routines there. That could be a starting point to implementation.~@Crazycolorz5
- A condition to check if unit X has danced in Y turns(preferably not related to events, but hardcoded into the unit’s data, but idk how that would go about), and if not, give them a condition(sleep in my case) for Z turns(the turns would be static, but this is for anyone’s possible use) ~@Dancer_A
Custom Item Routines:
- A “Dance” staff. ~@Arch
- Me thinking out loud in 7th post~@Crazycolorz5
- [FE7, FE8] Unit Menu Options
- Finally figure out how the vanilla spell engine works! ~@CT075
- Understand how animation data for map sprites is interpreted ~@Lexou
- Teaching enemies to handle cavaliers moving after attack. ~@Arch
- Await FEXNA’s release.
- Map the prototype’s “danger” command to the select button. ~@Arch (completed by @circleseverywhere)