_____ _ _ _ _____ _ _
| __|_ _ ___ ___ _ _| |_| |_|_|___ ___ | _ |___ ___ ___ _____| |_| |___ ___
| __| | | -_| _| | | _| | | | . | | |_ -|_ -| -_| | . | | -_| _|
|_____|\_/|___|_| |_ |_| |_|_|_|_|_|_ | |__|__|___|___|___|_|_|_|___|_|___|_|
Thanks to @StanH
Event Assembler originally by Nintenlord!
Future Planned Features
Since I'm editing EA and incorporating new changes, as well as USING the new features, I thought I'd make a thread specifically dedicated to its maintenance and download. This is that thread.
This is the EA maintenance/update thread. It seems odd that I made one on SF and not here, since similarly, EA is just collected in NIntenlord's tool with my updates as a reply. I also want to keep this thread updated with plenty of sneak-peeks on future features/things being worked on.
-symOutput:<filename> Core option, which outputs global labels to
<filename> following the format
- "Added" symbol Assignment logic (
<symName> = <value>) ("Added" because most of the logic was already present, I basically just made it parse)
- Tools invoked through directives (
#runext) can now report errors via stderr (before they needed to print "ERROR: " to stdout)
#runext passes Tool's stdout to EA's
- Added warning when redefining a symbol/label (within the same scope)
- Various Fixes:
#inctevent not handling parameters with spaces properly
- Fixed IsDefined macro not working
- Fixed curly brackets crashing EA when directly after a label/statement
- Fixed repeatable codes without parameters crashing EA
- Fixed various crashes related to the expression/parameter parser
(Also some minor additions to raws & the stdlib (See these github commits for details))
This may or may not be the last (feature) release before Colorz's rewrite is complete.
Please do notify us about any bug you may find, either through here or the Discord.
-Changed #inctext to #inctevent. I recommnend the use of this name in the future because it's more intuitive.
-Fixed bug where Core would hang if it got an invalid input file.
-Added PROTECT (start) (end) to make a region write-protected.
-Made Event assembler.exe look for .event files by default (over .txt)
-String literals now work (with MESSAGE and such)
-Labels/Definitions come into scope for parameters properly.
-Added ability for use of definitions in preprocessor calls.
-Made disassembly work again; changed auto-adding of _0x codes to not mess up disassembly.
-Changed disassemblies to use ASSERT for stronger protection over just MESSAGE-ing the currentOffset.
-Changed scripts to take/output .event files by default.
-Aliased #inctevent as #inctext for backwards compatability with V10.1.1
-FE6,FE7: Added old definitions (spears, etc) through BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY.
Previous Version Downloads And Short Description
Event Assembler V11.0.1
Event Assembler V11.0
inctevent requested by @circleseverywhere and his tools.
ASSERT num (issues error if its parameter evaluates to a negative) and
PROTECT start end (once passed the specified range will become read only).
- Fixed disassembly (for good).
- Definitions/Labels now work correctly as parameters.
Event Assembler V10.1
- incext bugfix
\-escaping in parsing
- MNTS in FE8, fixed
- Tools definitions improvements.
Event Assembler V10.0
- PUSH/POP allows you to repoint something without having to reallocate to free space.
- Tools folder/#incext
Event Assembler V9.12
- Added backwards support for CODE, and by extension, #incbin.
- Added the Extensions folder, packing the first extensions of Hack Installation.txt and AI Assembly.txt.
- Changed several old event codes' names to be more sensible. For old definitions, #include BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY.
Event Assembler V9.11
- Added lots of FE8 support.
- Added new form for AI ([AI1, AI2] AI3 AI4). For old form/definitions, #define OLD_AI before you include EAstdlib.event. To see what AI is available, read this thread and EA Standard library/AI Helpers.txt
Event Assembler V9.10
- Nintenlord's last release.