FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

The guy named Bai Fan goes by the Gamertag (online name) of RotK.
If you google the abbreviation he actually shows up before the Romance or Record of the three kingdoms.

I dont know how much in depth i can go about a guy using four letters instead of his own name online and those being the same four letters as several fantasy IPs.

2 Likes

@RiriK Rikki

I have a question.

This is foot part of your “Long Hair general”.

Is this parts a armor?
Or is it skin and not armor?
Lance_006

I am doing a little rewrite and recolor based on your data.
Current test data
lorf_sw1_000

lorf_sw1

The colors are very confusing and I have made them noticeably flashy.
I had to rewrite the whole thing because I accidentally draw the face in the armor palette.

So, the above question becomes.
Which are these legs?

In the original work, the armor looks like a robot.
However, in your piece it looks like skin.
Clipboard02

If it is armor, I think it should be changed like this or like a robot based on the data of the original work.
lorf_sw1_006

If it is skin, I think it should be like this.
lorf_sw1_006_

Which is it?

@7743

It should be the second one. The legs are slightly less robotic as you say compared to the original General’s so the shoes are smaller and there is more skin. I made it, I believe, where either one should be fine. However if you prefer bigger or slightly more robotic its is possible to just cut/paste in without much effort. I don’t think most of the time it shows or could be see all that much since it’s 3 pixels and the where it is shown, moves too fast to be noticed.

I have a readme for the colors that outline every slot that is used. The skin for the face should NOT affect the skin for the other, as long as its color is not too close to those of the trimming. What happens is the FEBuilder has a tendency to make two color that is too similar as the SAME color, which I should have fixed. This can cause problems when you export and the start editing from that pallet since it would consider the two the same, making so recoloring becomes difficult.

I also think you might have accidently combined the color for the Clothing with those of the trimming (Original color brown) is why part of your coloring looks weird (Some of your color might have fused).
eed5d48770245b7d8fda2ff7c7f073300f5aa9f9

I had tried to make them separate but there was a slight pallet problem so I had to combine it with the trimming, so its more like a pairs of tights/pants. This means that the coloring of the leg should be kept in the order of spectrum (from the pallet it should be Lightest, Light, Medium/Dark, Darkest)

If you want to make a coloring of the skin separate from the trimming, It might be best to keep a brown coloring for the darker part of the skin as you can see from.
f3b037e6fbeaef5e861c06279a913e5588305e48 (1)

Let me know if there are any other problems.

In other words, skin, correct?

I want to be as compatible with vanilla palettes as possible.
This is because of the recolor.
If it is compatible with the vanilla palette, then I can use the vanilla color layout as is.

And since armor has triangle attack, the palette is more important.
Therefore, I cannot use too many palettes.
I also consider it a waste to use one palette for brown.

Oh ok

Yes it is skin.

Triangle attack seem to be be pre-determined and is more of an magic animation then a battle animation. It seem to be based on the characters and in the case of Binding Sword it will use Bor’s and the other’s generic colors and General sprite, even if they are replaced. Might be best to check Custom Triangle Attacks: A Guide
Since Triangle attack uses a different sort of insertion.

Also, vanilla color wise it is already as vanilla as possible however if you mean to use the pallet string for vanilla color, that would be impossible. Each of the pallet has a set place and if you just paste a string from the original (in this case the Original General) it won’t work due to limited colors it has since original general doesn’t have skin or hair as well as the placement of the vanilla colors are completely different (this is on purpose cause I organized it to be so to make it easier to figure out which color is which, meaning each of the 3-4 colors are always together for a certain part i.e slot 4-7 is trimming/leg and slot 12-15 is the armor itself). This also means that you can’t just lace a specific character’s color over it (as explained in the readme, if you try to put Lyn’s as-is default color, it will be messed up so instead you will have to DYI to make it fit)

To keep vanilla color you have to look at each one and put them in the proper place yourself which shouldn’t be too hard since each slot is labeled and you just need to paste the singular color to the slot. In all and all, this is more of a custom sprite than a full on 1v1 replace, although it shares the same animation as much as possible.

It would be tedious to explain the specifics of the TRIANGLE ATTACK, so I will spare you the details.
It is enough to understand that it is important to maintain the order of the vanilla palette.
In the case of armor, if you arrange them like this, they will roughly follow the order of vanilla.

Compared to Pegasus, few people use armor triangles, so there is no need to overdo it, but it would be a shame to ignore the vanilla tileset.

This Pegasus data I made the other day might help you understand a little better.

We have tried to maintain the order of Pegasus so that existing color schemes such as Vanessa can be used as is.
There are special colors that are unique to this data, so they cannot be exactly the same, but it is important to maintain them as much as possible.

Cool. I did not know about that. Well, Let me know if you have any other problems then. I don’t remember there being any outside or strange colors, except for maybe the skin. Only thing would be that I had to combine come colors on some areas because otherwise it would not be possible to accommodate the skin color however the skin for the face itself is also just a small part of a whole.

I don’t think there is any major problems, least not to what I have in knowledge.

I don’t. This is for FE8 Amelia, she uses only lances in the game.

Yes!!! I was waiting for something like this. Freakin’ sweet. Now if you have the sword and Axe animation I can finally have my (F) Sentinel class that I wanted so much.

Well, still be cool. Guess i’ll do it when I have the time, adding in the sword and axe since the original is already there in the repo.

I might work on axe animations for that, since I’m using axe knights in my hack.

Then I eagerly await your masterpiece. I’m actually looking for something of a axe using knight myself.

very cool!!!

1 Like

I’m currently concepting a Hero variant, with the goal of an hybrid Hero/General.
It’s supposed to be a take of an medieval knight, combined with a bit of mythical.

Here’s the current Concept.

If you have any criticism or idea’s for improvement, let me know.

11 Likes

the head i think, shape’s good but you probably want it a pixel or 2 wider, and the front piece, maybe make the middle gap 2 pixels instead of 1 i kinda saw it as mandibles instead of a front piece (although I’m not a spriter so take those with a grain of salt hehe)

1 Like

I have completed a modified version and posted it.

The palette next to the skin palette is not used.
This could be used to create a better gradient.
This palette is used in vanilla as a palette for the weapons you have.

Only one of the four sword motions was ported.
Only vanilla motions are used, and motions for throwing swords in chains and such have not been ported.
The reason is that it is troublesome.
If you want to have it, please port it by yourself and publish it.

3 Likes

Cool! This looks amazing. Thank you.

I noticed the 16x16 journeyman map sprite I made is only credited to IS. Why is that?

2 Likes

I love it l hope it can be used as soon as possible :smiley:

2 Likes