[Community Effort] Please Make More Blind People Portraits!

If you’re a regular FEU user, or if you play a lot of new FE hacks, you’ve probably seen this portrait.

ProtoOrion_FE8

This is free to use, and everyone uses it. Vesly has even made an entire hack based on this portrait.

I made this asshole three years ago, and what I want to say is:

Stop using it! It’s really old and bad!

Instead of pulling it from the public domain, I an callibg the artists of the community to make more blindfolded portraits, so people have a wide selection of mugs to choose from.

Any skill level is accepted! Splices and customs are both accepted. The only rules are that it should be insertable, and free to use.

Please contribute. I’m tired of seeing this mug in hacks. In fact, this thread was inspired by me opening the design/meta channel on the FEU discord and seeing a hack screenshot of this guy.

Post your mugs in this thread. There is no deadline.

14 Likes

Here ya go.
Blind Fellow

In all seriousness it took 2 hours for this, maybe I’ll get them back someday

11 Likes

bandana portrait cropped

8 Likes

You’ve heard of The Blind Archer, now meet, “That one blind guy who appears in everything”!

3 Likes

ok, but…it has to be blindfolded, or just blind?

1 Like

I should clarify this: it doesn’t have to be blindfolded, any visual indicator of blindness (eyepatch, glasses, etc) will be accepted

blind person box

was originally gonna make them not close their eyes but i got lazy :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

blindfolds are cringe

return to eye scars
blindclops

yes, this is a blind cyclops. deal with it.

pre-timeskip version???

do something with this WIP if you want i guess

both versions are f2u/f2e

15 Likes

p-133-1.png (1)

nerdgal

8 Likes

Here’s my contribution:
SimidelePortrait
Also F2E if anyone would like to edit it

25 Likes

Here is a little something from me.
Scooped

19 Likes

wh h this is really good ,

1 Like

Blindfold-Man
Here’s one from me, F2U/F2E

9 Likes

Blind Galle
Echidna fold
Portrait Editor FE8_clean.gba_13@0D Glazette_8ACD30
Sue

Here are 4 blind people. as far as credits are due:
Besides myself,
I got some help with Galle and Sue from @FireEmblemier
The Natasha edit is by @Zorua posted with her permission
and Echidna’s blindfold and other various bands on her face are by @Leo_link

Go nuts, all f2u/e, have fun.

5 Likes

Fire Emblem - The Day of the Triffids
by John Wyndham

…are they? looks fine to me on 2B from Nier Automata though:

7 Likes

pretty sure it was a joke to follow up his cyclops post :rofl:

I know this isn’t what the thread is saying, but I do also want to point out that a lot of people who are blind/visually impaired don’t have notable visual indicators of this. Obviously someone who is blind because they literally lost an eye (or both) would have an indicator, but in many cases there’s no visual difference. Just something I wanted to point out since I’ve seen many people across various forms of media make the choice of “character is blind? must have their eyes closed all the time” and that can kind of be misleading.

2 Likes

I personally don’t think people will assume that visually-impaired people have a need for eye patches or coverings. If anything, I’ve thought of it as a cool visual indicator for characters that could be blind without needing to say “hey I’m blind.”

On the other side of the coin, you could use a character without any eye coverings, and just have their visual disability conveyed through story/text

1 Like

Yeah, my post isn’t a reference to anything that’s been said here, just something I’ve discussed with people in other places and wanted to bring up. One can choose to use the indicators or not and one’s not inherently better than the other. I fully agree with the point of this thread being to provide more variety and options in character portraits.

1 Like