Zoramine's Bucket Of Many Random Things

Always nice to see how you progress on things like this. Keep it going.

1 Like

glad that my edits can help you with this!
keep up the good work!

now i will go back to the shadows and lurk as i enjoy your amazing maps

2 Likes

image-1.png - 2021-01-06T221634.476-1.png-1.png-1.png

Here she is again, the halfbody vers but with a bit cleaner cloth everywhere and all the updates from the upper body. I had to a bit more managing of the cloth than I thought I would because I messed with it a lot on the top half so… ye!

Her armor is a bit muddied together - that’s what happens when you use black armor with a dark purple outline and have 0 clue how the hell to do detailed armor. Even her Fates design is a bit confusing because it’s all the exact same color. Fates devs why

aight, time to vibe with my NP2 Hoku since FGO wanted to bless me on this day.

Do not touch without my permission. Do not edit pieces out for your personal use.

It’s also up on my twitter if you want to retweet it to get your social media fill for the day or whatever.

9 Likes

image (31)-2.png (2)

Minor touch ups ala Beruka - her hair was less of a trainwreck, but astute viewers might notice something off about the non hoodie vers.

So, because I’m really bad at portraits, I just… removed the hoodie. Without touching the hair.

whydoidothis

So I spent about two hours today trying to figure out how the fuck to do necks like how why i dont get it why do they angle at bad angle i dontgbvfksjdniiuhfjd

But hey I gave them the few edits I wanted. Still some inconsistencies to iron out because struggles never end, but. Got her necc showing.

Also did some minor touches to the hoodie, like slightly different hair shading and longer hair. Since it should be the full length of her hair. Also because a friend drew her in an informal art trade with longer hair and it’s beautiful.

I also, uh, went back to a bunch of older sprites to check for inconsistencies in mouth/eye frames and realized that not only did I forget to do Mabel’s minimug but Beruka had an error.
i die.

back to the shadows i go as classes start up again

late night edit: mabel minimug go brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbr
Mabel-2.png

6 Likes

Previous post was deleted as barely five minutes after posting her, Zaim comes on and tells me there’s a huge error with it… and I kept finding more and more and more until yeah fuck it let’s retract that entire thing.

Test-1.png

[edit: one day later, and I gave her better trim + misc stuff! thanks to Leo and Busk for the help!]

aight THIS time I’m confident in how she looks, let’s do this again.

Hey y’all, it’s me, your friendlyusualy hooman Zora back again with another original character.

Unlike yesterday, she has a name now, Lily!

She’s cute and the tomboy-ish look I wanted came off well after nearly four hours of constant arguing whether or not the eyes were alright which just ended up in me being a tired mess. But, she works now.

Also had a fun conversation over whether or not the trim should be golden or silver, and I decided on Silver as the old gold meshed poorly with the skin. This should work well enough, at least.

She’s also extremely distinct from the source material for the splce work, which is nice. Hard to even tell that the face shape was from Vanessa anymore.

Blue was inspired from an older Blade halfbody’s hair, which I looked at when making a hair color chart for myself. Beyond that, it was a generated head/hair from the portraitmaker that I messed with until I was happy with the result!

Not f2u f2e but do i really need to say that lmao, she’s a splice of mine with a name attached.

7 Likes

I’ve done a conveniently explained update to my Fields Village over here, so please check it out!

It’s been a bit in the making, and I apologize for not making it available sooner, but some kinks got ironed out the past few days that I’m comfortable enough to share it.

12 Likes

I tidied up everything again! I added an updated image for all of the portraits, updated all the dates listed on my tilesets, formatted the front page better with the whole [details] thing, which will make it easier to look at.

Please, if you haven’t read it before, read through the FAQ one last time and the top of the thread. It gives nice insight into my stuff. and stuff. n stuf.

Also, I went without saying it, but I added the Fort tileset’s object image and mapchip config because I forgot to do that because I’m incredibly dumb. And in a few minutes I’ll have Mapping Dump 6 up for link.

AND
AND

I went around to all my old threads and gave it a kinda copy pasted, where i got lazy at the end update to many of the first posts, making them look cleaner, as many of them with the correct, current download link as possible, with a shorter description.

They also all come with a link at the top to jump back to this thread, so. Have fun with that i guess lmao

7 Likes

Eight.

A map based off several iterations of Voile, the Magic Library (Touhou), although most directly a lot is taken from Touhou Puppet Dance Performance’s version, then fit within the size limits of a GBAFE map - the original was 39x43 and I had to shrink it to fit GBA maps. It’s not meant for gameplay - it’d be a trainwreck if it were - but its just nice to look at as a library.

Also, please reference this for how to treat carpets when they wrap around items. Instead of making the carpet outline all of the area that the carpet occupies, make it ‘bend’ around stuff. The bookshelves are 1 tile wide, and as such the bit that wraps around it is one tile wide (and then has the corner bits that bend it around.)

UNL’s version of Voile is the best, by the way, the guitar adds so much to it. Look up UNL Voile on youtube, pop open ScarletFlameFlandre’s video and just vibe.

10 Likes

This is probably the best advice I’ve read in a while. The map looks very good!

1 Like

ROAD BARREL

ROAD BARREL

BARREL ROAD

bit choppy cuz experimental at this stage & because I’m basically out of room, but if you want to chip in to a possible next update for my Fields Village, what tiles do y’all never use and probably never WILL use?

Helps me gauge what peeps would want out of this tileset more.

11 Likes

When I did my most recent map using this tileset, I found myself wishing for some kind of transitional tile between sea and river tiles as I wanted to use a few of the river-based tiles to have a lower-lying, non-beach section among the normal water cliff tiles, but I couldn’t make anything look right with what was there. While trying to fiddle with the tiles that were there, I discovered that I have no idea what these tiles are actually even there for or what they’re supposed to do, so I wouldn’t be remiss to see them gone:

I also found myself wishing for some grass and sand tiles with some shadowing on the left side (for being placed next to walls) a variant of the path/road tiles with a bit of a darker shadow on the left side than the ones that are already there, a version of the rock with grass around it, and a straight tall cliff for some more flexibility in designing and using them - I had to fudge some of how I designed them from what I had intended to get them to actually look semi-right.

4 Likes

man why cant you speak more these are all fantastic ideas

lemme go one at a time

The river tiles at the top are used for ‘still’ water, which I never touch but I was told a while back I should include. I’m seriously debating axing them.

The bottom f that is for corner bits where the river is a bit wider but converges into one point, I’ll make a small map sometime soon to explain them.

As for the bits you want…

Grass and sand are super easy and I actually just got done adding some grass shadows, as the tileset is actually missing some.
0E000F10-1.png

The road tiles with a darker shadow, similarly, shouldn’t be an issue. I might just darken the existing ones.

The rock with grass around it might be a bit more annoying as it’s just a bunch of mountain pieces slapped together because year ago zora dumb. The 1x1 Peaks on grass are what you might want to use instead, specifically the ones that look like just one chunk of rock.

Straight tall cliff requires a lot more room to be made (which removing the still water might be enough for), but I’ll see what I can do on that front.

6 Likes

test

quick test for tiles - I’ve now got not only the sand shadows and stronger road shadows, but some rough-ish sand-port transitions like the Village tileset has (although there iirc its from bridge to sand to grass.)

Only thing missing now would be the bottom piece for the barrel needing a shading for a wall being next to it.

Straight tall cliffs are my next objective. Might take a it to want to do that tho.

3 Likes

Since I don’t see them in either of the test images (unless they’re just not shown), don’t forget about the north-shadowed versions of the wood floors too.

Oh yeah they’re there, just scroll up to the BARREL ROAD post.

I see the left shadow on the ones and I see what looks like the barrels at the top, but I must be missing the ones with a shadow at the top of the tile. Gonna chalk it up to staring at my graphics program for like 10 hours today.

experimental

Further messing with newly added space as I’ve deleted the still water that looks horribly ugly. More specifically, made sure to add some of the missing shadows for the barrels and ones that combine the side and bottom shadow for barrels. Because I’m smart.

Turns out those ones actually are missing, but I’ll need to find room to add those now if they’re even worth it - I’ve noticed that the walls tend to work just fine without shadows facing downwards thanks to the direction sunlight is travelling, but if you’re setting up something like an interior with wood it might be important.

8 Likes

output-2.png (8)-1.png-2.png-1.png

Generic, no-name splice that I’m making F2U F2E. I couldn’t get the Neimi head to work with me, no matter how hard I tried, and I just gave up on it. The Mugging Blitz gave me a prime opportunity to hastily create some mouth/eye frames and a kinda derpy minimug, and I just don’t want anything to do with it.

I guess if its anything, I did include how I do necklaces.

Ain’t got a name.

Again, f2u f2e with a source cited.

6 Likes

Nine.

Submission for the now finished Map Contest 8, and since it’s over I’m free to post it here now. Not much interesting else to say about it, but I do love doing sand detailing.

9 Likes

Debias_Armor-1.png (2)
I have no idea why i did this but I did it, some custom armor thing I made. I might use this at some point idk

the creative process is a wack thing

5 Likes