Zoramine's Bucket Of Many Random Things

I’m really liking how you’ve progressed with the less and less Rebecca. The newer minimug is just so adorable…

2 Likes

“Konichiwa, partner!”

2 Likes

Is this the new Jackie Chan movie? His new sidekick will be a Japanese girl

Rei-1.png (4)

okok so get this
what if
i gave
another hat
to another one of my characters
thatd be funny wouldn’t it

9 Likes

Is this going to become a trend? Because I’m all for it

3 Likes

Probably not. I was gonna just do two hats to get used to drawing them, one for Christine and one for Rei, but Busk convinced me to do a tall boxy fuzzy hat.

1 Like

You’ll be surprised tbh, lol.

1 Like

image - 2021-02-12T145258.106-1.png (3)
[edit: fixed a bunch of things Levin and others brought up in the discord.]
Go to the bottom of this post, or just jump to his thread, to ask Wasspix whether this sprite is F2U or F2E. Ain’t my sprite, aight?

Sprite made from a Wasspix beta sprite from last night. Saw it, offered to give some help today, and wound up doing a little too much help, also known as straight up modifying the entire sprite including adding frames to it. Why? Because I have nothing better to do with my time, of course!

image-1.png - 2021-02-12T190340.551
For those curious on what she looked like as the superbeta, Wass’s version from last night in the middle and the result of me spending 3 straight hours bashing my head into my keyboard and mousepad until the sprite finished on the right, here you go. and stuf.

Fixing colors is what I normally do, but I felt like doing a lot this time around. I also gave him a bunch of pointers (aka repeating what Busk has told and taught me) so his stuff should become epic.

how to make zora do:

1. cute girl
  2. no other step, just cute

Please check out Wass’s thread for more information on usage on his sprites, or just to check him out because he’s epic and funni and does the funny pog haha LAUGH.
No, like, actually click to his thread as he’s doing an interesting project. And he does good maps.

…You can really tell when I’m tired of interacting with people.

7 Likes

Big help man! Thank you so much.

1 Like

but what if…

12 Likes

really basic shit tbh

19 Likes

That town looks nice I know it doesn’t have closed doors kinda makes it feel like it can’t have bandits to destroy homes that look that nice.

pov
pov: you dared mention to the map maker that something looks nice

(nah in all seriousness, progress coming on this genericy map, such as barrels and rope on cobblestone, recolored stairs and shadows for barrels/rope & even more pieces for the houses. Slowly but surely. Probably won’t be ready soon tho.)

16 Likes

Now it looks like a real seafarers town. Just better and better. Mainly the closed towns would have been enough.

The addition of the stuff from Wave’s tileset really adds a dose of contrast to that map that makes it pop. I’ll admit, it does feel a little weird having the barrels next to the really small house since it makes the scale feel a little awkward, but this definitely feels like a type of town that would have a port now.

I do have to wonder if forking this off to be a separate variant of your regular tileset might be the way to go, though, especially if the object image space is going to be an issue. Might be easier to free up some of the tiles that would fit with more zoomed out features (the other types of trees and the single Mountain and Hill tiles, for instance) since I feel like they would clash with the scale if you were using the buildings?

Might also open up a little room to add other features if you need to - I hadn’t noticed it previously but I now notice that there isn’t a tan wall tile (the vertical pieces) with a shadow on its left side for when you have upside-down L corners, so those stand out a little, and I would personally love if the 2x2 door from the Sacaen/Tribal Plains tilesets could squeeze its way in to have an option for barricaded towns as well. And, it could probably do with a left-shadowed grass tile for having those spots right next to walls or the new buildings…

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve said it before but like where are you when it comes to me tossing around ideas in the discord holy shit

Yeah, I’m going to have to do that. I didn’t want to if I could, but it just makes the creation process several leagues faster. I’ll be axing more stuff later tonight if I find time, and I’ll probably start work on adding basic 1x1 bushes. I already have grass shadows set up from earlier and I just need to figure out where to put them.

thinking emote

Does this answer the wide doors + grass shadows?

8 Likes

this tileset is beautiful and I’m a huge final fantasy fan, can you fix the lighting with the stairs at he bottom of the map?

2 Likes

I had ideally been shooting for this tile group from 2E002F30 (FE8) since it fits a little better for larger doors when you have larger building formations, to be honest.

The grass shadow tiles look good.

In terms of other things that I just realized the map could potentially use, some degree of left-shadow wall cap tiles, in the vein of these - the length of wall separating the town from the dock that runs alongside the house could probably make use of them since the wall isn’t as high or higher than the side of the house (see below, circle in cyan).

In terms of other things for the actual map and not any tile additions, the right side of the northern stairs down to the docks was originally why I thought having grass shadows would be useful, but now I’m also realizing that, with the height change, that bottom left grass tile right above the “shore” probably needs to be a cliff or something if the top of the wall is at level with the grass? (see below in yellow)

3 Likes

LordGlenn I’ll look into that new door, sorry that I completely goof’d on which one you wanted.

The side wall bits are definitely addable and I’ll see about doing that. There’s definitely room after gutting a bunch of stuff.

The yellow bit… yeah the map’s mostly just a ‘throw everything in to show that it works’ state rn lmao, it’s lacking a lot of the finesse that most of my maps hopefully have had up to this point. I’ll attempt to fix that at a far later point.

Posted it over on the Global Repository thread, but I made a bunch of Roy map animations for Knight Lord Roy (or Brave Roy for the FEH players) F2U F2E, it’s literally just Eliwood Knight lord with two variations featuring Roy’s head.

Roy Knight Lord Standing (1) f651dd85e067cfa48bf723c11f3a06ebf228f65e Roy Knight Lord Moving-1.png (1) (2)

T2LRD Great Lord (M) (Ephraim) Lance Standing {IS} (1) Roy Mounted Lord Moving Roy Mounted Lord Moving (1)

Download link for No Cape
Download link for Caped

13 Likes