Spell Animation Archive/Let's Have More of Them Project

I don’t think the colors can get any darker unfortunately. Maybe if I recolor the entire animation brighter. Or did you mean keeping the dark screen and fades later after when the heads are fading away?

The dark screen should last at least the same as the heads, I would prefer it if it lasted a bit longer, even.

How are you going about producing the darkening?
The only thing that fades is the background, everything else “flashes” into darker colors in one frame, it would look much better if you changed that.
Same when the darkness stops, the background fades back but everthing else just restores the original colors in one frame.

Download files changed
So, like this?

8 Likes

yup! that looks better to me.

This game will get ruined by adding Awakening content. The killer dark tome; Ruin.

16 Likes

Bless you in the name of Naga for this my fellow member.

I would like to introduce the magic of the FF series created by St Jack.
Since the original file name contains Japanese, I changed it to English so that I can open it in English.

FF4 Object 199(FF4 ぶったい199)
FF4%20Object%20199

FF5 Atomic Ray(FF5 アトミックレイ)
FF5%20%E3%82%A2%E3%83%88%E3%83%9F%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4

FF5 Flare(FF5 フレア)
FF5%20%E3%83%95%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A2

FF5 GigaFlare(FF5 ギガフレア)
FF5%20%E3%82%AE%E3%82%AC%E3%83%95%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A2

FF5 Tidal Wave(FF5 タイダルウェイブ)
FF5%20%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A4%E3%83%80%E3%83%AB%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A7%E3%82%A4%E3%83%96

FF5 Wave Cannon(FF5 はどうほう)
FF5%20%E3%81%AF%E3%81%A9%E3%81%86%E3%81%BB%E3%81%86

FF6 El Nino(FF6 エルニーニョ)
FF6%20%E3%82%A8%E3%83%AB%E3%83%8B%E3%83%BC%E3%83%8B%E3%83%A7

Download
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/217431999911165963/588100843182489781/FF_SpellStJack.7z

The author is St Jack.

13 Likes

Updated the OP with full credit and sorted it a bit more. It’s still missing basically every new animation, but at least it’s a bit more aligned with the data we have in the drive/emblem anims.

Edit: Updated to include a good chunk of the new stuff.

1 Like

Here’s my Tri Attack spell. Kinda sucks at melee range, so I recommend setting it to 2-3 range.

1 Like

Am I able to post an Apocalypse animation (includes Aureola and Forblaze as well) right here? This may sound stupid but I just need to make sure on how it can be added to the directory, the main problem is that I have absolutely no idea who it belongs to, 7743 also doesn’t know who it belongs to so I’m trying to see if I can permission to post

1 Like

Yeeesss, that you may post it right here.
Also you cannot add anything to the directory, the uploaders of the website are responsible to upload any new works of art or animations. If you’re talking about how to add your work in the animation post, you can post a dropbox link for the animation. If you dont have a dropbox, then you can get one by going to this post right here!

As for the magic animations that you mention, it shouldnt be an issue because mainly Apocalypse, Aureola and Forblaze were made by the Intelligent Systems so all that work goes to them. You can credit the person who ripped them out for us to use.

I hope this works, also, what I meant by we don’t know who it belongs to, I meant that we don’t know who ripped it

1 Like

Ahhh I see, well sometimes. Since the files are in Japanese, just as the person who made Midori. They may prefer to stay anonymous, assuming that’s the case for these ripped animations.

Edit: I could be wrong, but the person who may have ripped the animations may have just left their username in the Details 詳細(20190609). Says By SHYUTER, so its a guess but maybe someone in the FEJP community might know that person.

1 Like

Ah well, that may explain some things, anyway, those animations are out there for those who want them in the other games, and they can still be improved upon

1 Like

This is made by SHYUTER.
I guess he made this by screen capture.
However, because he turned off Object, Apocalypse is incomplete.

Apocalypse on FE6 displays characters like the face of a clock.
However, this character has disappeared because it is drawn by Object.

Displaying and capturing an Object is a problem because it contains extra data.

1 Like

the objects I think you’re talking about are the symbols correct? In that case, while I do have the frames and sprite sheet of the symbols, how would I implement them into the spell and script?

1 Like

Compare with the animation of FE6’s Apocalypse.
In Apocalypse of FE6, characters are displayed in a circle.

However, this is not in the data of SHYUTER.

I tried to erase the battle screen data to capture.
However, I do not yet know how to turn off the left and right HIT, DMG, and CRT.

image_685

Even if it can be erased, this magical animation will be quite large, consuming about 600 kb of space.

1 Like

In order to put in those symbols in, would it be in the green screen part of the animation’s files or would it be with the sigil? Since the symbols are presumably objects, I don’t think it goes with the sigil

Edit: also Jesus Christ that animation has a gigantic file size

1 Like

I am currently trying to see if I can put in those symbols/characters in this animation, as I actually have captured pics of the frames, I am currently trying to piece them together, or at least making the frames, if I am unsure about how I can script these frames, then I may require assistance on that matter, although I may make a separate version of Apocalypse, meaning there would SHYUTER’s original characterless Apocalypse, and the updated Apocalypse with the characters, and include those separately in the file.

Edit: I have managed to get 40 frames of the symbols (which are objects), however, if I had more time I would’ve gotten more done, but now I am currently taking a break from this, I estimate that the total frames that the symbols are in are 90+ give or take, I’ll resume making these frames when I am next able

1 Like

I presented is the real animation of the FE6 ROM.
I tried to make something better than the data of SHYUTER.
However, since I could not erase the left and right HIT, DMG, and CRT, I could not do that yet.
So I gave up on making.

Even if it is possible, animations over 600kb are not cool.
At least I thought so.
I need to think of another way.

1 Like