Necrosis Among the Living

Hello everybody.:slightly_smiling_face:
Testing it on Nintendo DS Lite via slot2 flashcart, the game crashes at the beginning of the first map, after a misplaced dialogue.
Has anyone ever managed to play this Hack on real hardware (gba/gba sp/DS Lite) via flashcart?
Thank you.

Just wondering, do you have any more updates planned for this or do you consider it completed?

So I just finished chapter 9 and my Tethes was level 11 and then I started Chapter 10 and he was somehow deleveled to level 7? And his stats were significantly lower?

Is this intended? Wasn’t sure because I had moved too slow and had to pay money that chapter and it said I didn’t have enough to pay and that they sold some weapons - so wasnt sure if that was was the game telling me it sacked his stats for some reason?

Minor glitch fixing might happen if I identify endemic issues. No further content is planned (originally I did want to do more, but for a variety of reasons, I don’t think that will happen any time soon).

He is not supposed to be de-leveled. Can you upload your save file to Dropbox or something similar?

On chapter 15, been pretty fun so far, but half of the custom weapons just freeze the game.
(Fire bow, Ice bow, Thunderbrand)
It freezes the second you hover over the weapon to equip or attack with it during a chapter.

Shoot, I thought I took care of that. Guess not. I’ll hop back in FEB to see if I can troubleshoot further.

For now, I recommend making a save state prior to attempting to equip one of these weapons (or just ignore them - I think I put sale prices on them, so you can at least sell them instead of them wasting space).

And the good news is those weapons are basically gimmicks for fun, and the game is not designed to rely on the player acquiring them in order to progress.

I noticed the freezing only happened on my laptop, but not on my desktop, turns out I had downloaded an outdated version of vba. Guess the freezing problem was on my end, sorry.

Huh, interesting. Definitely not your fault though, no need for apologies.

There is certainly something wrong in the depths of the hack’s construction - I believe it originated when I installed two FEB patches that turned out to conflict with each other. I eventually implemented an inelegant workaround that seemed to work. Odd that it works on one version of VBA and not another.

Glad it’s working though; they’re fun to use even if not imperative.

dewhat
my English is not good, what does “de” mean?

It looks like a typo of the word “die”

1 Like

In chapter 19, you can just turn 1 seize on a random tile and win the chapter.

That is a typo, should be “die.”

But wtf. Those portraits are not mine. I have never seen them before. Did someone on their own effort design much nicer portraits for Aaron and Tethes? LOL Or are those ripped from another hack? (EDIT: Apparently they’re from the repo).

A leftover from testing. I’ll fix that and the typo for a new version. Thanks.

3 Likes

@Aegius

Just completed this hack and it was ok.
Story started out really good but at the ending gaiden chapters it completely lost my interest and i just had to rush to get it over. Really disliked those ending gaiden chapters my god. Gameplay was fine too and balanced throughout the whole game( very challenge) wich was nice, music was ok just evrything was ok until the ending.

Thank you though for this hack, it was ok to pass the time.

Loving the Hack so far. The increase in level cap helps for the units which get a couple of crap level ups. Also the terrain not affecting movement as much is a godsend.

Love the homage to FMA, DBZ and Gundam Wing.

In Chapter 10, you can seize a tile outside the door which I assume is unintended

You can also get multiple notes from the house where the enemy can flood the stage.

Cynthia (the archer) does not show up in the Support List

A quality of life patch to consider adding is the Talk and Growths one. Easily patch with Event Assembler.

Saves time in constantly checking the growths spreadsheet and recruitment info.

The Class preview at the end of Ch.14 is a nice touch…

Found a potentially game-breaking bug in Chapter 14, if you open either of these two chests while your character has a full inventory (5 items), then the cursor will freeze when you are trying to select which item to send to inventory.

Spoilers - Treasure Chest Pictures

The sprite animations continue to play in the background so it is not a total freeze but you can’t really do anything other than reset.

What I noticed is that both chests contained either a magic sword or bow which might be the issue. The other chests in the chapter did not cause the freeze.

A work-around is to reset and quickly press A when the cursor comes up to choose the item to send to the inventory.
You will always choose your currently equipped weapon or spell using this method but at least the game won’t freeze.

@Aegius, I found a way to fix the weapons rank and magic sword issue if you are still interested.

I did it in FEBuilder GBA

Here are the steps

1. Go to Tools → Patches, Type weapon rank in the search box and search

2. Uninstall these two patch

3. Install this patch and save the edit

4. Open an emulator in FEBuilder and create a save file (start the 1st chapter and check the weapon rank page) There should be 8 ranks shown. Close the emulator and go back to the patches page.

5. Install the previous two patches that you removed. You should have all 3 patches installed right now.

6. Save changes, start emulator and check weapon rank, should still show 8 ranks for each weapon. Close emulator and return to patches page

7. Uninstall the previous patch that you added. You should now be back where you started with the 2 patches.

8. Save changes, start emulator and check weapon rank, It should only show the respective rank for each character.

Ex:
image image

image image

Magic Sword Freezing Issue

1. Go to Tools → Patches, search “magic sword” and install that patch

2. Then, go to click this patch, Click “Data Expansion”

3. For Total number of new data to reallocate, choose 7 then click Reallocate data and repoint

4. Go back to the patches page and add the four magical swords that are missing (Mageslayer, Firebrand, Thunderbrand and Icebrand). The original three (Wind Sword, Runesword and Lightbrand are already there)

5. Set the values for each of them. For weapon type, MageSlayer is Light while Firebrand/Icebrand/Thunderbrand are Anima.

6. Save the changes and viola, it works perfectly on Phone emulators like MyBoy (No more Freezes)

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there, just downloaded this patch and on chapter 5, its good so far, I am enjoying it. I saw you said that the weapon level for mages shows weapons and you would work on that, were you able to get that sorted? I’d like to know their magic levels

I’m in Ch20. The screen froze in turn 3 enemy phase. I’ve tried to reset the rom or play the chapter again but the problem persists. I’m playing the rom in a mobile gba emulator. Very good hack by the way. WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

In ch7 I lost Tethes inventory while reseting the chapter… I think it’s a bug. I had to restart playing a couple of times and didn’t realise that I was losing items

omit the graphic but you forget the ending of Alex, Marsil and Ray