Necrosis Among the Living

Yo~ currently at chapter 9 here (or kinda) enjoying the game quite a bit so far. I really like the dialog on this one, feels well done.

Got the Tethes issue with him both de-levelling and also resetting him to his base stats (and starting items) however, after chapter 9, a bit of a bummer, I was gonna re-do the chapter later to continue but decided to stop the playthrough and re-do it in hard mode instead. Besides that, this one’s pretty good~

Just finished Atrocity of Love, rip gay rights.

Hey im super interested in both the main game and prequel but for some reason when i click on the links to download it says theyre deleted

Hi everyone who has posted/played over the last year. For some reason, FEU notifications began going to my spam folder in gmail. I had assumed there was just no one else playing/interested, and I didn’t realize people were posting with issues and questions until I checked the spam folder this morning. Apologies, it was not my intention to abandon this thread. I’m glad to see there was some level of interest.

I will be fixing up a few things as noted here, and applying @FE74ever’s fix to the weapon issues (thank you for that and your other notes, big ups to you). Links should be back up by Weds afternoon.

Hm, it’s been a while since I even opened Dropbox tbh. Not sure if they expire or the account goes inactive after a certain period. I’ve got to fix a few things, but I’ll put new links up within a day or two. Thanks for your interest.

Yep, basically lesbians ruined the world (disclaimer: in this hack, and that’s of course not supposed to be the literal takeaway from the prequel). Though if I recall the story correctly, one could argue it was actually the intolerance of their relationship that was the real cause!

2 Likes

Links are updated in top post.

I believe I have fixed most of the reported bugs (including implementing FE74ever’s fix). I have a new PC and seem to have lost all of my old saves, so I wasn’t able to test too much.

And I’m not quite sure about those few characters not showing up with ending cards - Alex and Ray should definitely be there and do have entries. But it looks like Marsil wasn’t even in the editor for some reason - I’ve added him in, but I’m not sure what would cause the former two not to appear. Will look into it further.

@Silas1 That link has expired - if that issue is still present and prevents progress, please upload it again and I’ll take a look ASAP.

@TheBest41 main hack & prequel

I’m also going to do a fresh playthrough over the next few weeks, partially with the intention of further bug fixing, cleaning up dialogue errors, and maybe some light re-balancing and event smoothing.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Cant wait to try this out

1 Like

FYI: The download link for the prequel is dead in the OP. I did get the file from your last post.

Edit: Actually, you have 2 links for the prequel in the OP. The 2nd one, under “Atrocity of Love - prequel archive” is dead.

The main link at the top should still be active. The archive section is mostly for lore and explaining why there is a prequel; I shouldn’t have left a DL link there, will delete it. Thanks for playing!

Playing through the hack has taken a bit longer than intended due to work, but I expect to upload new versions with minor adjustments (mostly light text/dialogue edits and corrections) later this month.

Amazing mod! Really enjoying it so far.

There seems to be a bug though - Aaron can level up using a master seal.

1 Like

How difficult are you going to make chapter 4?
Developer: yes.

Man really, that chapter is a little overkill if you have not much experience with difficult fire emblem hackroms. Some people might get a little annoyed at that chaoter. Anyway, I’m enjoying it so far.

1 Like

@Aegius Why does Cynthia not appear in the supports screen? Is it just a bug or does she have no supports?

1 Like

Amazing mod! Really enjoying it so far.

There seems to be a bug though - Aaron can level up using a master seal.

Thanks! But hm, yeah shouldn’t be able to do that. IIRC his promotion is a forced event at the end of Ch. 14.

Will fix for new minor revision soon.

How difficult are you going to make chapter 4?
Developer: yes.
Man really, that chapter is a little overkill if you have not much experience with difficult fire emblem hackroms. Some people might get a little annoyed at that chaoter. Anyway, I’m enjoying it so far.

You don’t have to go for the hut. It’s made to be super hard and super rewarding. In fact, I’d recommend not doing so, as I personally did not on my playthroughs (except for testing). I did have a note about it in my chapter-specific notes section here, but tbf there’s a lot of info in the thread.

To be clear: those enemy spawns only happen if you visit the hut - if you steer clear, the extra spawns don’t happen.

Why does Cynthia not appear in the supports screen? Is it just a bug or does she have no supports?

Sounds like a bug, will investigate. Everyone should have supports.

1 Like

Aaaaah, that explains why those shamans where infinite. Anyway, I managed to get the reward because if I could beat Duma in The Fall of Thabes, I can get a pair of new shoes in a forest.

Chapter 13. I killed every soul in the palace, opened every chest and arrived at the destination, but Aaron says I am forgetting something. What did I forget?

Do you mean Chapter 12?

The named Shaman, Calis, must be recruited. Aaron has this dialogue at the start of Turn 1:

And I should keep an eye out for for anyone who doesn’t fit in with the enemy - it’s likely they are
using slaves who would be willing to fight with us instead.

Though you’re not the first person to kill him instead - I suppose changing him to green/NPC might be a good idea to avoid this situation (there’s also a named Pegasus Knight who can be recruited, though not required IIRC).

If you don’t want to redo the chapter, PM me your files and I’ll manually clear the chapter from where you are and add Calis to your party.

But I didn’t kill him, I recruited him, that’s why it doesn’t make sense.

See?

Edit: forget it. You just had to arrive at the place using Tethes instead of Aaron.

It looks like its set up so that both Aaron and Tethes have to be in that range to conclude the chapter. There must be a reason why I included Tethes too… but I can’t recall what it is. Been a couple years since this was built - I’ll look deeper into the logic and try to figure out if including Tethes is 100% necessary.

Thanks for your patience! Let me know if any other issues arise.

2 Likes

Apparently, Cynthia is not the only character without supports. Rora, Zelbar and Leos don’t appear in the support screen either. The second support conversation between Tiki and Calis is half broken too.

Y’know what, you’re correct! I really thought I did Supports for everyone, but I don’t see any entries for those characters in my Word docs. I’ll look further to make sure, but it looks like you’re not missing anything after all - FEBuilder is also blank for those entries.

Though I did check Tiki/Calis #2 and nothing jumped out as off with the logic in FEBuilder, but I will test that specific interaction in-game this afternoon. If you have the time and don’t mind, a screenshot of what the issue is might be elaborative for me, but no pressure.

I would gladly give you a screenshot, but I didn’t take one at the time and I have already cleared the game, so I would need to play half the game from the beggining. The problem was that, after half correct dialogue, the speech bubble duplicated and blanked for the rest of the conversation.

I’ve found many other technical problems too, specially with the music. There was no music during most of the interactions between characters before and after a battle, only in battle there was music… But that also dependend on the song itself. Specially the Dragon Ball OST: after sounding for a while, it stopped working entirely until your next turn, in which this would happen again.

During the last battle in which…

Spoilers

…Anní could be used, sometimes there was an area attack that destroyed houses and eroded the terrain. After that happened, and as long as I had killed an enemy right before that attack, the unit I used to kill an enemy could be used again no problem.
And about Anní herself: is there any way to actually save her? I liked the relationship between Aaron and her.

Last but not least, as you said some time ago, lesbians ruined the world. And that is true (in this game), which leads me to the following question: why can’t we fight and defeat that one bitch? Are you planning to make a sequel or is it just an open ending?