Make A Really Terrific Hack: MARTH

Tower Defense (FE8U)

• Buy units from forts
  • Players only attack on action phase
  • Units continuously attack on the action phase until the wave of enemies is defeated
  • Enemies are randomized

mGBA_xfIlt5xuU1

• Epic boss to defeat on final wave

Credits

Cyclops portrait - L95
Autosave turn - 7743, aera, FE8Girls
TileChangeCondition - 7743
RNGRandomizer - TR143
SkipOpening - 7743
ModularGoalWindow - Contro
Shoutouts to @Parrhesia for playtesting feedback

and the SkillSys credits

Source code: GitHub - Veslyquix/TowerDef

As a one chapter hack, this is a proof of concept. If anyone’s interested in developing this further (eg. more chapters), message me and we’ll collaborate.

Enjoy!

23 Likes

We Are Legion

Menu
You play as Legion. Your goal is to defeat Marth.
Whenever any Legion unit attacks, if both units survives, the target becomes Legion while keeping their class, stats and items.
Have fun turning the cast of Archanea into Legion clones!

Download Download WeAreLegion.ups and patch to FE8U. From my testing, mGBA sometimes has weird lags, so I recommend using VBA/VBA-M.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KR1E0yOi1suDK1NgB65Zk9uwRyp7zNGF?usp=sharing

Screenshots

1 2
3 4

Credits

ASM, EA & tools:

• Skill System
  • EasyBuildfile {Mystic}
  • FEBuilderGBA {7743}
  • Advanced music installer {Alusq}
  • Icon Display {Vesly}
  • 256 colours titlescreen background {Leonarth}
  • Fixed-range Warp {Pikmin1211}
  • Monster Weapon display fix {circleseverywhere}
  • Set Gold Value ASMC {Brendor, Venno}
  • Pretty much every single asm/ea/buildfiles tutorial on FEUniverse

Music:

• FE03 - Main Theme {Sme}
  • FE11 - Attack {Sme}
  • FE11 - Combat Mission {Sme}
  • FE11 - Defense {Sme}
  • FE11 - Onset {SaXor the Nobody}
  • FE11 - Together We Ride {Sme}
  • FE12 - Endless Battle {REALxViPerZ}
  • FE12 - Tearful Shadows {RSflame}

Portraits:

• Legion {Glaceo}
  • Abel {Blueyguy}
  • Barst {Nobody, Glaceo, Nickt, ReykRS}
  • BatimaTheBat - Doplh
  • Beck {Wasdye}
  • Bord {Frigid, Nickt}
  • Caeda {TAS20XX}
  • Cain {TAS20XX}
  • Card_Doga
  • Catria {Redbean}
  • Cord {GFE1R, CranJam}
  • Eremiya {WAve}
  • Est {Plant_Academy}
  • Gordin {Blueyguy}
  • Jagen {Flasuban}
  • Jake FE11 {Kanna}
  • Julian {Glaceo}
  • Kris {Atey, Arcth}
  • Lena {Blade}
  • Linde {MK404}
  • Marth {Atey}
  • Marth (Anime version)
  • Oguma {CircleEverywhere, Nickt}
  • Palla {Jopettajah}
  • Phina {TAS20XX}
  • Radd (version 2) {Zorua}
  • Wrys {Blueyguy}

Battle Animations:

• [FE7 Eliwood-Variant] [M] T1 Marth Thrust-Stab by Blaze

Map Animations:

• Lord (M) FE3 Marth {ThyAnarchists}
19 Likes

…How the hell have I not seen any of these thread replies until now?

Guess now’s as good a time as any to link the thread for mine and Adarya’s submission.

7 Likes

marthentry-18

• A sidestory to the original Storge, taking place around the same time.
  • Featuring friends from the original cast, although some have turned foe…
  • A couple different endings. Can you find the best one?
Download

Dropbox - marthentry.ups - Simplify your life

Screenshots

marthentry-20
marthentry-21
marthentry-19

Credits

All original Storge credits apply.
Vanir, Pavi, and Jebediah portraits by JiroPaiPai.
Vanguard anim by Cipher Lee.
The Harvester icon by Lisandra Brave.

25 Likes

How much time to do y’all have left?

1 Like

You have twenty minutes.

5 Likes

Final Jeopardy music plays

4 Likes

Hey I’m trying to submit and cant figure out how lol please dont disqualify me.

2 Likes

I present:
FE Smash N’ Grab! (Final Mix lol)

Featuring Capture as a main focus!
Reduced weapon durability! (By alot!)
Big map! (If thats you’re thing!)
And more! (And maybe s’more!)
Credits and patch below:

(Letting you know, assets were swapped in and out here and there, so lemme know if I credited you for nothing, or failing to credit you!)

Fair warning: This hasn’t been playtested the most. Just thought I’d let you know!

Edit: After two days of work (and polishing), it is now playable! If you have an older patch, it is now a MUST to update please!
This won’t happen again. I promise. :smile:

11 Likes

Send Darrman an FEUniverse DM. Don’t forget to include download and patching instructions!

1 Like

You need to post more on FEU to get the member rank in order to send messages and post links

Image of the title of my game since I was slow on the draw to be able to post here. I present: Heir of Leonster.
Heir of Leonster 2 Corrected

*I’ve already noticed a little glitch that doubled up some dialogue and removed another set. Hopefully the rest of the game functions. I was a little rushed to make it, I only saw this competition a few days ago.

*There were a lot of glitches, I already updated the file to make it a little more playable for anyone wanting to check it out but I’ll be patching this up completely soon.

*File updated to version 1.0, glitch-free. Give it another shot if you played it once already!

11 Likes

Time is up!

Thank you to everyone for submitting. The provisional entry count for MARTH stands at a total of 28. This contest has turned out to be the largest chapter creation contest in the Fire Emblem community. Over the next few weeks, the judges will play each of the chapters and grade them. Other users are also welcome to play and review the entries, but please put these reviews in spoilers so as to not influence the judges.

Please wait for the results, and again, thank you all so much for submitting to MARTH.

Here is the full entry list.

Entry Name			            Participant Name		Engine
Closing Act			            Rivian	    		    FE8
The Random Vague Job 67	    	VelvetKitsune	    	FE8
The Lady and the Princess    	KrashBoomBang	    	FE8
Where's Fado			        Vesly	        		FE8
The Breakout			        Cornontherob		    FE8
Cycle of the Heavens		    VonIthipathachai,Adarya	SRPG
Rise of the Replacements	    squidaccus		        FE8
Manaketes and Warps	        	Leonarth        		FE8
Blast from the Past		        Sme		            	FE8
Battlefield - Homecoming	    RKG         			FE8
Trader Raiders			        Aura Wolf        		FE8
Fighting for Freedom		    Alexmanpersonguy    	FE8
Village Chapter			        Kit         			FE8
The Traitor's Tale		        SaintRubenio     		SRPG
(Untitled)			            pengie9290      		FE8
Tower Defence			        Vesly       			FE8
We Are Legion			        Frog        			FE8
Tactics of Taming		        Rammerrush      		Lex
Port Phenire			        a_jellyfish     		FE8
Project HBR: Lonely River	    BobbyAsaka      		FE8
Rookie's Day			        Anarch16Sync    		SRPG
Decadences			            GigaExcalibur    		FE8
Storge Gaiden			        knabepicer		        FE8
Omori Emblem			        SubwayBossEmmet		    FE8
Into Madness			        Rexacuse		        FE8
Smash 'n Grab		            MegaCowsamMan	    	FE8
Nine Heroes			            ErrantShepherd,BlueDruidFE8
Heir of Leonster		        prezp00nage    		    FE8

If you submitted something before the deadline and I haven’t listed your entry, contact me immediately.

16 Likes

Omori Emblem!

Scale your way up Sweetheart’s castle to reclaim your friend Basil’s stolen camera! Featuring six friends from Omori each with their own specialized kits and support bonuses. Use the power of friendship (aka cracked support bonuses) and overcome some atypical problems for a fire emblem hack!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZpY0KiwCkIwfZ1Hi_QWHc7UYuAc75_vT/view?usp=sharing

The credits are as followed:

Pallets and Omori animation:
Vyland

Febuilder by 7743

Omori by Omocat

Music:
World End’s Valentine by archerbias

Animations:
[Bishop-Reskin] [F] Long-Hair TLP Style Repal by Raulster
Lance Hero anims by pushwall
Fem Fighter animations by FEGirls
Trickster (Adventurer) -Animation by ltranc & Bandana from Pushwall.

Map sprites:
Torches - FE7if
Trickster Kel - Marksman (M) Nuramon-style {ArcherBias}-stand
Thin axe - FEgirls

Item icon:
Flail by VelvetKitsune

Patches:
Skillsystems - Circleseverywhere
Background 256 colors - Leonarth

idea gremlins:
aarongeddon
artorious
bobbyyukitsuki
lowres
krashboombang
vyland

This was such a fun excuse to both be a great celebration to one of, if not my favorite game of all time and to really mess around with hacking aspects I haven’t done before! A bit more fancy eventing, some new graphical aspects I messed with, and just nice to work with movement skills when your main hack doesn’t have skill systems.

This absolutely isn’t made to be [for Omori fans] only, but my attempt at capturing its energy in a bit of a distilled fire emblem style.

A few screenshots

(also yes i did get this in on time, i just didn’t have a post ready lmao)

19 Likes

Thought I’d post the link here as well for this so people outside of Darr and the crew can enjoy. (Glad we were able to get it in earlier)

Nine Heroes: a tale of the Book of Exiles by ErrantShepherd and Blue Druid
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9li71p83dqqz36n/ShepBluidMARTH-Hotfix.ups?dl=1
(please apply to FE8 rom)

Chapter Credits

ART
-Huge thanks to AK/Teapot the mvp for the majority of the mugs
-Toa
-L95
-Levin
-Monk
GENERAL
-whale for clutch playtesting to let us fix the end chapter event
-Bluid for being an amazing partner on these projects
-All those who’ve contributed to the Repo for Battle and Map animations, and ASM and other patches that have been utilized (I’ll get to proper crediting eventually)

Hope ya’ll enjoy. Wish we could polish it more, but main thing is it works!

8 Likes

Project HBR: Lonely River

A one-chapter side story; a short peek into a much larger tale, seen from the eyes of a newly appointed lord hoping to prove that she’s more than what her peers give her credit for.

Features
  • A story-centric chapter with plot and narrative as its first and foremost focus!

• Recruitment conversations are no longer mutually exclusive! No need to savestate to read every possible recruitment dialogue.

• An achievement system! The chapter comes prepackaged with 8 possible achievements to alter the way you play the chapter—allowing you to self-impose extra restrictions or objectives to your liking. Achievements are all completely optional, but the ending cutscene will be changed for every achievement that has been obtained.

• FE4-style Holy Bloods to break game balance in two!

• BIONICLE music!

• A few prototype assets made in preparation for a far-future project!

Patch

to fe8, of course

Project HBR: Lonely River 1.0

Credits
  • FEBuilder: 7743 and crew
  • Tilesets: Wave, ZoramineFae
  • Music: Pandan, Realxviperz, Sme, Chair, DrGreen, SurfingKyogre, Petya Krasavin
  • Portraits: Melia, LaurentLacroix, Flasuban, Peerless, DerTheVaporeon, Zeldacrafter, AmBrosiac, Glaceo, SacredStones, Relic, hypergammaspaces, NICKt, RandomWizard, lenh, Raymond
  • Anims: GabrielKnight, knabepicer, Flasuban, DerTheVaporeon, eCut, Skitty, Yangfly Master, Spud, Pushwall, Nuramon, ArcherBias, SALVAGED, TytheBub, Eldritch
  • Spells: Bonzai, Blazer, Sme
  • Icons: LordGlenn, Beansy, 2wb
  • Playtesting: aarongeddon, MasaHaru, secretsword229, VagueKatti, Vyland, Sphealnuke, devisio
12 Likes

I played through every publicly available MARTH submission, which might be a tad too much FE in the past two days. Great work to everyone who submitted. (Does this count as patting myself on the back?)

Edited to put everything in spoilers. (Thanks for the heads up, Epicer.)

Some highlights

A few highlights:
manakete and warps-3!

Played manakete and warps with a few pals over discord. The nice art and the weapon triangle twist on the formula made it a good time. I lost both times though, which means the game must be biased and rigged.

The Breakout-6
The Breakout felt like its target audience was specifically me. Prison break, funny units, funny weapons, canto+, vision quest reference, really has everything I wanted.

Where's Fado-5
(Thank you Vesly, I live for this kinda of stuff.)
There was quite a few submissions that really stretched interpretation of FE chapters, such as where’s Fado. Really impressive stuff! I had a lot of fun with them, especially as nice breakups since there’s only so much FE I can consume in a short period.

WeAreLegion-0
I didn’t know what to expect from We are Legion, but a zombie apocalypse simulator was definitely not it! That was a cool surprise.

Trader Raiders-26
As it turns out, no amount of additional quality of life in Trader Raiders will solve skill issue. Took me around 15? attempts to get a deathless clear, but taking advantage of the high number of new player options made each attempt felt like I was doing a little better. Incredibly satisfying to finally pull it off, though it necessitated a rescue use and was very close.

thefunny
At some point, I guess my emulator decided I was here for too long and just said ‘here’s infinite move units.’ Very helpfully, I have no idea how I produced this bug.

16 Likes

Any idea when the judging is going to be completed and posted? (Or if it has, where can I find the results?)

Judging is currently in progress. Currently one judge has completed judging and the others have begun. Results will be released when all judges have completed all projects - there is no time frame for this.

8 Likes

I’ll probably get most of the entries played through in a few weeks at the most, I’ve been getting very little free time recently so the process is a little slower than I’d like.
Hopefully all of you won’t be waiting on me! So far I’ve been liking the hacks!

7 Likes