Fire Emblem 8: Self Randomizer (Reverse Recruitment Edition)

Dancers (as well as bards) do not have promotions: their ability to give their allies an extra turn makes up for that. Soldiers (male and female) CAN promote: Females can choose between Halberdier and General, and Males can take either Halberdier or Paladin.

Awesome, thanks. Do they need a special item? The master seal wont work for the soldiers.

Hmmm… Is your unit a Spearman? A Heaven Seal is needed to promote those.

Edit: Shoot, I don’t think I made it so that Soldiers could promote. Hang on…
Edit 2: Wait, nevermind. Master Seals CAN be used to promote them.

Ahh yup it’s a Spearman not a Soldier. My bad, thought Spearman was just a replaced soldier name to spice it up. Thanks!

Alright! Spearman is actually Cormag’s Lord class, which is why it doesn’t promote via Master Seal.

I’ve been working on that standalone, non-randomized version for a while… Not sure how that’ll turn out, but in the meantime, I decided to post the palettes for late game human enemies here!

Do you have any documentation covering the promotion tree, class skills, new caps, etc.?

It would be good to understand what the options are and how to plan promotions. It also wasn’t clear how the randomization works among tiers and in terms of base stats. For example Gerik spawned as a Cerberus in my recent game while Innes spawned as a level 5 Journeyman (gaining exp. like a Tier 0 Ross, albeit with crazy bases).

Also are there options to guarantee Lyon his Arcane Lord class, turn off monster classes or ensure your Colm replacement is a thief?

Gerik, replacing Innes, was a Hero at base, a T2 unit. Innes, replacing Marisa, was an Archer at base, a T1 unit. So Gerik randomized into a T2 unit and Innes into a T1 unit.

Also, there is no way to turn off monster classes or keep your lords as lords, but in Chapter 2, you can purchase keys from the shop, which means that you don’t need a thief for Chapter 3.

Also, I don’t remember the skill list (it’s listed somewhere above in this thread), but I can list the promotion tree here:
Lord (Larger level cap) -> Great Lord (T3)
Arcane Lord -> Summoner (M) -> Demon King/Sorcerer (Necromancer)
Cavalier -> Paladin/Great Knight
Paladin -> Gold Knight
Great Knight -> Gold Knight/Baron
Knight -> General/Great Knight
General -> Baron
Thief -> Assassin/Rouge
Assassin -> Dread Fighter/Trickster
Rouge -> Trickster
Mercenary -> Hero/Ranger
Hero(M) -> Vanguard
Hero(F) -> Spellblade (Axe)
Ranger -> Master Knight
Myrmidon -> Swordmaster/Assassin
Swordmaster -> Dread Fighter
Archer -> Sniper/Ranger
Sniper -> Bow Knight
Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Lord/Wyvern Knight
Spearman (Larger level cap) -> Dracomaster (T3)
Wyvern Lord -> Dracomaster
Mage -> Sage/Mage Knight
Sage (M) -> Archsage
Sage (F) -> Spellblade (Light)
Monk/Priest -> Bishop/Sage
Bishop -> Patriarch/Matriarch (depending on gender)
Pegasus Knight -> Falcoknight/Wyvern Knight
Shaman (M) -> Druid (M) -> Warlock/Harbinger
Shaman (F) -> Druid (F)/Summoner (F)
Druid (F) -> Dark Priestess (Monster/Magic hybrid)/Harbinger
Summoner (F) -> Harbinger/Dark Priestess
Soldier (F) (Amelia) -> Halberdier (F)/General
Halberdier (F) -> Master Knight
Soldier (M) -> Halberdier (M)/Paladin
Halberdier (M) -> Champion
Journeyman (T1) -> Journeyman (T2)/Hero
Journeyman (T2) -> Vanguard/Barbarian
Pupil (T1) -> Pupil (T2)/Sage
Pupil (T2) -> Archsage/Warlock
Fighter -> Hero (M)/Warrior
Brigand/Pirate -> Warrior/Berserker
Warrior/Berserker -> Barbarian
Cleric -> Bishop (F)/Valkyrie
Troubadour -> Mage Knight/Valkyrie
Revenant -> Entombed
Entombed -> DracoZombie
Bonewalker -> Hellbone (Wight) -> Legion
Bael -> Elder Bael
Mauthe Doog -> Cerberus (Gwylgi)
Tarvos -> Maelduin -> War Centaur
Mogall -> Arch Mogall -> Gazer
Gargoyle -> Deathgoyle -> Garuda

Wyvern Knights, Mage Knights, Valkyries, Manaketes, Dancers, Bards, Falcoknights, Cerberi (Gwylgis), Elder Bael, and Gorgons can’t promote to a T3 class. They get all stats + 2 to their caps.

HP Caps:
1: Phantom
60: All T1 classes, All human T2 classes (that can become T3), Archsage, Spellblade, Gazer, Trickster, Warlock, Dread Fighter, Master Knight, Fell Lord (Eirika only)
65: All human T2 classes (that can’t become T3), Cerberus, Gorgon, Garuda, Matriarch, Patriarch
70: Dracomaster, Great Lord, Sorcerer (Necromancer), Dark Priestess, Manakete, Champion, Legion, Gold Knight, Vanguard
75: War Centaur, Harbinger
80: Entombed, Elder Bael, Maelduin, Demon King, Baron, Barbarian
100: DracoZombie

2 Likes

Thanks!

Also, how do you recruit Neimi? It says in the prep screen that Lyon can talk to her, but when the level actually starts and he moves to her, the option isn’t available.

2 Likes

I don’t remember that being an issue… When I tested it, Lyon was able to recruit her no problem. Try resetting the chapter and talking to her again. If push comes to shove, you can just go ahead and kill Neimi. Since she replaces Caellach, her death won’t have an impact on the story.

1 Like

Okay. So I’m planning on releasing a non-randomized version of this hack, maybe with a rewritten story if I get around to it. And because of that, one thing I’m thinking of doing is making all character deaths bring up a Game Over. Many players already reset when a character dies, and this hack IS going to be harder, or at least, I hope it will be. Plus, I feel like, for writing a story, not having to consider character deaths will make my job somewhat easier. However… I think it’s best if I leave that up to you all.

• Character deaths cause a Game Over
  • Character deaths don’t cause a Game Over

0 voters

You could go for the ‘‘they don’t die, they retreat’’ route in case characters death don’t cause a game over. That way you wouldn’t really have to alter much of the story.

5 Likes

I’ve been suggested that before. That might be what I go with.

Except for Ephraim. I’ll make him like Lucina, where, while he’s not a main lord, he still isn’t allowed to die.

Hey, sorry for getting off-topic. I’m getting a similar error to Pietroloz, where I’ve defeated all enemies in a rout chapter on Lyon’s (“Eirika’s”) route, but the chapter won’t end. Any thoughts on what I can do? I think I tried the konami code correctly, but I’m not sure what it’s supposed to do so not 100% on that. Loving the game! thanks in advance

Which chapter was it?

Anyhow, I decided to update the Randomizer patches again! It’s been a while since I’ve done that.

This time, it’s only cosmetic, but I’ve updated the animations of the FE 7 and 6 Legendary Tome animations to match the absolutely jaw-dropping remakes that @SHYUTERz made! It goes without saying, but please check out his stuff!

Normal Mode (Village Glitch): https://www.dropbox.com/s/omqqpo9c45qrn1v/villagerhymeswithpillage.ups?dl=1
Normal Mode (No Village Glitch): https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sgpscbt35vcxyw/villagedoesnotrhymewithpillage.ups?dl=1
Hard Mode: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yoobezkx6aox494/welcome%20to%20heck.ups?dl=1

Here are the links again, in case you can’t find them in the original post.

3 Likes

How are things going with the non-randomized version?

Cancelled. I ended up deciding against finishing it. Personal drama.

1 Like