Fire Emblem 6 - Boss Recruitment

So, I’ve always been a big fan of minor one-off bosses. My favorite implementation of them has to be Conquest’s use of Fates capture, allowing you to recruit some of these bosses (Haitaka, Kumagera, Zhara, etc.). However, I always thought about how recruiting bosses would work in a game with a larger group of them.

damas
So here we are!

This hack is extremely simple in concept. You get to recruit one boss per “segment” of the game by talking to them with Roy.

These “segments” are

• Chapters 1-8
  • Chapters 9-12
  • Chapters 13-16
  • Chapters 17-20
  • All gaiden maps are combined into one segment.

Some notes:

• All gaiden bosses outside of 20xS have an S rank in their respective legendary weapon’s rank, and A rank in everything else.
  • Tick has a sword rank. Yes, this is vanilla.
  • Flux has been added to earlier shops for Wagner’s sake.
  • I’m aware this translation isn’t the most recent. Oops.
  • USE SAVESTATES, I’ve seen some wack shit happen to the player bosses when loading from save files.

wagneroattick

(oh yeah, i forgot to include this in the readme, but the new palettes either from Project Ember or made by my friend @Selk)
Download here! (Patch over FE6J)

Update (5/7/2021): I updated the patch with a minor fix for Ein’s palette. I’ve changed the generic player male manakete palette to look like him instead of trying to give him a palette, making his Divinestone animation far cleaner as a result. If the original irked you and you wanted to use Ein, redownload. Otherwise, no big deal.
imageimage

17 Likes

whoa thats like my name or something
wild

3 Likes

You got credited (deserved!)

1 Like

impossible.

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOO

2 Likes

Nah

Post must be at least five characters

2 Likes

Ah, two FE6 reskins in the same day! Truly this is a blessed day for us all.

2 Likes

I was sitting on this for like a week and when you released yours i was like “oh yeah i have that”

1 Like

:pogfish:

1 Like

FINALLY

Henning

1 Like

Henning had Durandal at base and really good speed he’s fantastic

A axes too

1 Like

Hello There !

I’m actually really happy someone finally created something like this. However, there is a question i have before starting the hack :

Do bosses have recruitment dialogues and supports ? Thanks for the answer !

1 Like

Unfortunately, no, they don’t.

I didn’t want to stray too far from vanilla, and a lot of the recruitments wouldn’t make much sense.

Eh… that’s too bad. Still, good Job for that tho !

1 Like

Thanks!

One last question (Sorry for that, it just came to mind), now that i thought of it :

Gaiden chapters count as being parts of the segments?

1 Like

It says this in the OP:

1 Like

Got it, thanks !

1 Like

roy: hey dipshit, join my army

some random thief or something: okay

2 Likes

That random thief’s name? Narcian.

3 Likes