FE7 Boss Recruitment (v1.8 as of 11/10/21)

Not too long ago, I released a hack called FE6 Boss Recruitment. It allowed the player to recruit 5 bosses of their choice throughout an otherwise unchanged FE6 playthrough. It wasn’t perfect, thanks to stability issues and a lack of any new dialogue, but it was a functional way to experience this concept. I (along with several friends) have taken another crack at the idea, but this time in FE7.
threadimage0

The Bosses

The Bosses

You may recruit five bosses across the game, one per "grouping” (This number increases to 7 with Lyn Mode.) Bosses have custom growths, and aside from a few very late personals, are otherwise left entirely vanilla.

The Groups (Chapter Numbers are Lyn’s -> Hector's)
  • Lyn Mode Group 1: Prologue-Chapter 5
  • Lyn Mode Group 2: Chapters 6-9
  • Earlygame Group 1: Chapters 11-14
  • Earlygame Group 2: Chapters 15-18
  • Midgame Group: Chapters 19x-22
  • Lategame Group: Chapters 25-32
  • Special Group: Any of the units who appear as morphs in endgame (You don’t recruit them in Light, you get them beforehand.)

If you’re confused about any of the groupings, there’s a text file included in the download that lists out each group’s bosses by name.

Most of the bosses have been given entirely new dialogue in the form of boss conversations or Hector Mode tactician conversations (those events that happen on turn 1 if a tactician was created.) Some even have recruitment conversations with regular units. Every boss has a custom ending, barring some Lyn Mode bosses, who are a WIP.

Other Changes
  • 3x Effectiveness has been added.
  • 19xx is now accessible in Eliwood Mode. Regardless of mode, Nils doesn’t need to be trained, and Kishuna doesn’t need to be killed.
  • If you recruit a boss who would have been a morph in Light, they do not appear as a morph there.
  • Some weapon descriptions have been updated, and some typos have been fixed.
Screenshots

threadimage1threadimage3
threadimage2threadimage4
threadimage5denningending

Download link is here (patch over FE7U).
Growth Doc is here.
EHM or HHM is recommended. Lyn Mode can be played at your discretion.

WARNING! Due to the way Lyn Mode bosses “work” here, inaccurate emulators are liable to cause some jank. Hell, jank may even occur on actual good emulators. Use your best judgement when deciding whether or not to play it.

41 Likes

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
YEAAAAAAAAAAAH BABAEEYYYYY

6 Likes

Glad to see this released. Happy to say I did assistance with this. Check it out if you get the chance! Some fun new writing stuff and a good twist on classic FE7 characters.

4 Likes

funny teodor man go bonk

3 Likes

maybe with the insane staff rank removed aion will finally compete

1 Like

me and the bias

2 Likes

This looks really cool! I’ll give it a try sometime.

1 Like

quick update to do a few things we missed before release, namely

• Various typo fixes (Guy and Maxime’s endings)
  • Ursula’s growths are no longer the generic boss growths.
  • Two new boss conversations added to Light.
3 Likes

While looking in FEBuilder, Kaim has an ending title, but not an actual ending.

Lyn mode bosses

Press F to pay respects to Batta and Glass (and Eagler, seemed like a cool guy)

3 Likes

Kaim has an ending, it just only displays in the hector mode section, cause he’s only gotten there

1 Like

Oh yeah, oops. I was looking at Eliwood’s side.

1 Like

I’m really curious about Denning.

1 Like

Playable Lloyd?

1 Like

Yep! Only Cog Lloyd, not FFO Lloyd

you can recruit denning, he even has a nergal boss convo

1 Like

LETS ****ING GO!

2 Likes

Ok now I’m definitely gonna play it :0

2 Likes

Lovely idea, congrats! I just don’t see a couple bosses taking side with the good guys. Like the morphs, for example. But lore aside, love it. F for Eagler.

1 Like

yeah for some of the enemies you just sorta “aren’t supposed to think about it” unfortunately

1 Like

So… do we have to start off playing Lyn Mode after patching it or do we start off with Eliwood or Hector by choice? Just asking a question.

Are there any supports that are exclusive for Bosses during Boss Recruitment? I know that there’s a limit to the 5 bosses that we choose to recruit and I’m wondering about it before I decide to play it.

2 Likes