FEGBA HackRom Recommendations!

What’s good in the neighborhood? The name is Catfood and I’ve taken quite the hiatus from FEGBA Hacks (just burned myself by only playing hacks for a while) and I’m ready to get back into the scene.

I know this has been discussed before but I want to hear some fresh takes!

My question is: What are some hacks you would recommend to a FEGBA Hack enthusiast? Also, what JP hacks are your favorite? I’ve been meaning to try a title. Incomplete/Complete are fine

I’ve played: VQ, CotA, SGW, J&P, LoA, PE and a few more in the past, personally, and would love to expand my pallet

5 Likes

I love heaven’s bloom.

It’s hard to describe exactly why but it reminded me a lot of fire emblem conquest.
Every chapter has a little gimick that makes it special and maps are pretty punishing.
The few moments when you don’t have time pressure feel well deserved and good.

2 Likes

try Road to Ruin or Order of the Crimson Arm if you want a more “classic/vanilla” feel. Both are quality.

I also recommend “Sword of Heaven and Earth” if you’re cool w/ something in Elibe. (It is my favorite Japanese hack)

1 Like

Try DLATMOL if you enjoy the good ol’ FE7 style with a good story.

4 Likes

Thanks! I’ve heard really good things about this hack :smiley:

Will definitely check out

@Pandan
RtR! The pandan favorite! I will definitely try that out, especially with Pushwall’s new class discovery!

Thanks for recommending a JP hack, I’ve been meaning to try one but didn’t know where to start (:

@Silver-Star
I’ve heard mixed reviews on DLATMOL, however, to me, it looks super clean. Certified hood classic fosho’ :metal:t4:

Is it? I think the biggest issue is that the dev decided to make 1-2 range weapons not buy able and you only get a handful of them, usually you only get them when a particular character joins and has one in their inventory.
I think it’s a great hack and one of the most complete hacks. Specially compared to Order of the Crimson arm which doesn’t even have supports.
Maybe also give Legends of Avenir a go, is a hack with several paths that branches the story.

Do not triple post. If you want to reply to multiple users, quote their posts or mention them within the same post.

Posts merged.

Yeah, it seems like a good title!

Whatever you say, boss :black_heart:

I think Queen’s Sword is more in line with how most Japanese hacks are designed, but SoHaE is my favorite. Enjoy and be safe.

Guess I’ll be the guy to recommend my own hack, Four Kings. If you like personal weapons, this hack has over 40 of them.

Aletheia and Cerulean Coast aren’t finished but they’re def worth trying

1 Like

I remember this one, i got interested in the story but it can be quite challenging its hard mode, i haven’t even finish it yet because it made me rage-quit.

idk i’ve been trying to discover some of the jp hax and most i could find are just either higher difficulty reskins and they have some kind of a habit of remaking maps from previous mainline games for idk what reason (probably the same author but i mean there’s alot of them). The only one that isn’t a reskin i know is sword of heaven and earth but i hope i could find another one tho unlike reskins. But I can recommend better ones if your into gameplay: FE Girls first jap hack i’ve played with a really good difficulty, There’s also midori i think it is made by the same author but i liked FEGirls more, FE Kaitou is a really unique one involving stealing gameplay AKA Thief Emblem, FE7if an old relic known to have an bad difficulty and bad rep same as Pokemon Dark Rising but the effects of the difficulty becomes extremely fun, There’s a rumor called FE8Another but it is never to be found on google anymore. I’m still trying to discover some but it’s pretty hard to find their gbafe hacking forums like FEU. Currently playing yggdra patch and 2 princesses.

@KrashBoomBang I’ll definitely check our your work! I really can appreciate your new twist on FE strategy in the gameplay. Seems unique and something worth checking out

@DrGreen3339 I’ll add these to my list, too! (hail luigi)

@redeyesblackdrag0n hey! I appreciate your recommendations and feedback. I like your username, too

1 Like

Huge fan of Storge. Has lots of creative units alongside its gimmick of a fully flexible starting party and gear set up. The maps themselves play well and there is a surprisingly touching story between father and daughter.

2 Likes

I don’t see any reason not to recommend my own hack!

It’s not finished yet, and I can’t promise anything amazing since this is still my first hack, but I’m doing my best.

Storge is amazing, would second that rec.

Also would recommend Iron Emblem if you’re the type that likes ironman stuff.

3 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, how come SoHaE is your favorite JP hack?

It’s quality.

Does a good job of improving on vanilla - executes fundamentals pretty well, innovates in interesting ways with map design despite the limitations from a “lower tech” era of hacking where just making something [complete] was impressive.

Cool piece of history and I think the first 19 chapters are largely good. Some pacing issues mostly, but I had fun with it overall.

4 Likes