FEGBA HackRom Recommendations!

Yeah, I really enjoyed SoHaE too. It also expands on the Elibe lore pretty well without contradicting anything from other hacks (as far as I know - the translation isn’t perfect).

2 Likes

I see. I’ll definitely give it a try then since I’ve been in the mood for a close to vanilla gameplay hack Thank you for your thoughts on it.

1 Like

NP. It’s pretty incredible how close they got it to feel like FE6. If you like FE6, you’ll prob be good w/ SoHaE (at least most of it!)

There are many hacks for JP, but other than Kaitou, which I’m make on, I think to just play with Girls and learn its history.
Without Girls, FE8 might never have become a major platform, and there might never have been SkillSystems, BuildFile, or FEBuilderGBA.
I could say that all of this started with the documentation left behind by chap, the creator of Girls.

Also, let’s not forget fe7if, which developed a way to import music.
Without it, we might have been stuck with vanilla music forever.

And then there are the works that influenced fe7if, such as fe7 Inflation.
Many of his early works are rough, but I think that’s inevitable.
I think it’s interesting to see the history of scientific development as we learn more and more about what we can do in the later stages.

Because I had Kaitou, I was able to use the knowledge I gained creating it to create FEBuilderGBA.
Of course, I was able to create Kaitou because of the materials and tools left behind by the pioneers.

This means that the technology tree is connected, just like in Civilization.
I hope this technology tree will continue to be connected after this.

7 Likes

Hacks I’ve played through fully:

The Last Promise - Kelik.

Justice & Pride - I like how the creator made this hack pretty much all by himself I’ve heard, it’s impressive.

Dark Lord & the Maiden of Light - Most vanilla like FE7 hack I’ve played thus far.

1 Like