F Move FE 6 auto patches that are overwriting level up number graphics so that they are out of the way, preferably next to the AH patch
F Make auto patches able to be selectively disabled by having the source for the ints returned by getPatches able to be loaded dynamically from text files with support for comments
F Redo auto patches to be assemblable all at once
F Add CG editor for at least FE 7
F Add auto patch for the graphical fix for units that use both magic and melee weapons
F Fix OAM rendering
F Fix palette editing support for class animations
F Add palette editing support for character animations
F Add support for generating battle backgrounds, at least for FE 7, by extending the CG_Image model
F Add battle background editor for at least FE 7
F Add feature for describing a memory map of the ROM based on what FEditor is “aware of” and have the result able to be saved to a text file
F Port CG/battle background editors to FE 8 and FE 6 where applicable
F Integrate more external features into the main GUI
F Remedy more of FEditor’s code marked with “XXX”, “FIXME”, “TODO” and similar comments
F Add custom chapter support (including map, event and starting location editing)
- Older versions are not supported. Do not ask for help with them.
- Report bugs. ALWAYS.
- Backup your shit before you use this on it because I'm not going to make FEditor fix bugs caused by its previous versions. I'm only going to make it work for ROMs that are either clean or modified by the latest version.*
- It's called \\"FEditor Adv\\". It's not FEEditor. It's not FE_Editor. If you can't be assed to type the name, type FEA.
My policy is that the editor is \“idiot proof\” in that the parts that aren’t are covered by the doc…
…yet, the doc is meant to be explicit, and was not designed to be understood by those who can’t comprehend the diction required to have that level of specificity.
While this creates a paradox, attempting to remedy the situation would only agitate it more.
So I refuse to do any more than add things to the doc that need explanation - I will not go so far as to explain the explanations.
FEditor Adv has been updated with a fix for the issue illustrated in the second part of this 4 part video
(thanks to Siuloir and (especially) Arch for assisting with identifying and fixing this issue).
Also, the map sheet is now initialized to zero bytes during the custom spell constructor code, thus removing the appearance of garbage data that was an issue (and still is) even for the original spells.
(I didn’t actually post on this forum yet, those other posts are by Arch. Yes, this means he said thank you for his birthday present to himself)
The thing you posted a video of which was fixed recently was an issue in which the game loaded the palette for a frame from the WRAM in sync with the vblank or whatever, despite that the “sheet” for the map layer was loaded immediately (rather than queued or buffered as the palette is) by the CSAPS code.
The issue that was fixed before that was a similar issue in which the things not loaded in synchronization were the OA data (loaded when the palette is) and the OAM “sheet” (loaded, again, immediately by the CSAPS code).
Both issues were fixed by deferring loading of the respective “sheets” until the time when the associated palette (in the map layer’s case) or OA data (in the sprite layer’s case) is loaded (in time with the vblank).
People seem to forget that spells have a sprite layer (technically 2, since sprites can be given lower or higher priority and appear in front of or behind the character sprites) AND a map layer, and that the engines work completely differently (sprites can be rotated, maps can have “blending” which is often incorrectly referred to as “transparency”. Maps can have transparency as well, of course, but sprites cannot have blending).
I had some time to look through @Hextator’s Doc & source code for FEditor Adv, and it inspired me to fix up some of the render glitches for the Class Animation Manager. While I was at it, I figured it wouldn’t hurt to add a few handy features for any animation buffs out there.
From the included changelog:
Fixed OAM Render in Class Animation Manager
Corrected handling of tile alignment (Big thanks to BwdYeti for this fix)
Adds a tile scaling factor of 8 to fix render of frames
Added handling for flipped tiles
Added method for handling Load Transformation Data (LTD) OAM (determines rotation/scaling for OBJs)
Can handle up to 5 rotated/scaled OBJ simultaneously
Added corrected rendering for rotation/scaling OBJs
All animations should render near to identical to in-game rendering
Added “Include Frame” option for animation packages
Adds a check-box option to dump animation frames along with animation package
Includes Cam’s animation script converter to include animation script to frame folder (Thanks again Yeti!)
fixes naming convention to match FEditor’s naming convention
corrects sign issue when framecount exceeds 128
“Dump” option works the same as before if check-box is left unmarked
Also has a “Dump All” option to dump entire Animation Array for current game (Thank Yeti for this one too)
Added “Convert” button to Text Editor/Viewer to format text scripts for insertion
Takes a preformatted txt file and converts it into separate txt files formatted for insertion in Text Editor/Viewer
Essentially does what the .bat file in FEditor Adv’s root folder does
Requires a particular format to the script to work (See the “Natural Script Formatter.txt” in the doc folder)
As with any tool, make sure to backup your work before making edits! Contact me if there’s any issues you come across, but there shouldn’t be anything different besides the new rendering.