image4

“I can’t think of aything” - L95
“hack good” - Sme
“poggers” - Also Sme
“legitimately really competent/funny” - Yandahl the best axereaver user
“i don’t get it” - Pandan
“epic!!” - Devisio
“the best jp hack i’ve played” - auto

JP Hack is a project made by me and my friends, inspired by Eastern hacks. Join Sanders on his (somewhat reluctant) journey to stop bandits, imperials, demons, and more.

The hack is currently 11 chapters long with more to come (hopefully) soon. I would appreciate any feedback you would like to give!

Screenshots

image1 image2
image5 image6
image7 image8
image9 image10

Credits

The JP Hack Team:
Pikmin1211 - Look Gary there I am!
Sme - Sme
L95 - Chief Idea Guy
Devisio - Head of the Epic department
Arch - Executive Ass Clown
RandomWizard - Did my maps
Levin - Is in the discord sometimes
Natsumi - Is not in the discord sometimes
Pandan - Wave Rave 64 Enthusiast
WarPath - Joe Manager
Kirb - Resident Kirb
Autonima - Has never played a JP hack before
Tewi - Girl with hat
Zmr - Was there
Vlak - Assistant Epic Manager

Featuring assets from:
Kentaku
Aruku
Snakey1
Lenh
Leo_Link
ZoramineFae
SkittyOfTime
Melia
MrGreen
AReliableChair
hypergammaspaces
Nuramon
BuskHusker
Blade
Frigithematic
DerTheVaporeon
LordGlenn
FEier
Peerless
MageKnight404
St. Jack
TheBlindArcher
BlueEyedMan
ZaneAvernathy
CirclesEverywhere
Tequila
Vennobennu
Scraiza
Teraspark
Leonarth
Hextator
Nintenlord

Special Thanks:
The Skill System Team
You : )

37 Likes

JP hack release?

Graaaagh! I’m gonna go wild!

6 Likes

Congrats on the release Other Pik! Can’t wait to give this a spin. JP hack good.

5 Likes

Innards lives again

10/10 better than Tale of Ternon

8 Likes

I’m enjoying this hack right now. w

7 Likes

I existed.

2 Likes

well this is going on the “to play” list.

2 Likes

I’ll think of something eventually

5 Likes

it’d be funnier if it was built on european fe8

5 Likes

Looks epic, time to lp

3 Likes

Do it.

1 Like

Feel free to post any youtube playlist links or hop in the discord and do a screenshot lp

I’d love to watch people play this

4 Likes

I’ve seen a screenshot LP, but that’s about it.

1 Like

Hello, I recently played through the current build of this hack and wrote up my thoughts on it on this google doc, feel free to read it over. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to the next release.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Glad you enjoyed the hack. Some of the more out of place sprites are still placeholders so you’ll have to excuse the requanned mugs. To address some of your gameplay notes;

Wolt is super broken

I’ve noticed that high speed AND luck makes him able to dodgetank so I’m currently testing with nerfing his luck since I didn’t intend for him to be able to dodgetank like he can

Sayori feels really weak and frail

I’ve gotten this more than once so I’m looking into buffing her a bit

Virgil’s green units get absolutely massacred the turn they spawn

I’ll look into buffing them more but yes this is true; one of the cavs actually got straight up one-shot in a previous version so they’re currently post buff already

Since the boss isn’t even on the map before the water disappears

This is a good point, I’ll add something to let you know where you should be going and to be hurrying up

The first 3-4 turns were super frontloaded and frustrating

I was trying to keep the higher difficulty towards the front to reduce the frustration involved with resets on this map. I can definitely give it another look with the duration and enemy density

And since I’m here I can give a quick progress update, I’m currently working on the 15th chapter. I’ll probably be putting out a new release for our FEE3 feature this year!

3 Likes

Nice job with your hack: it seems well-polished. I only played the prologue, but I hope this recording encourages others to check out this hack.

I couldn’t save one of the villages. You people should try this hack and do better than I did.

3 Likes

○ JPハック JP hack
✗ JPハツク JP ha-tsu-ku ?

I think the title “ツ” should be made smaller.

9 Likes

Yes wolt is broken galeforce+nice growths makes a… Enemy deleter X 2 and its more op then derek (but from j and p)
U basically shouldnt add a about 6 y/o cleric (how much are you into that anime I know its kinda funny to watch)
(Eastern hacks isnt that favorable for me. I cant read japanese (ok maybe i cam read a bit) and some of them uses recolor portrait and I even saw hacks insert super inflated stats in)