[FE8] Fire Emblem: The Sacred War [complete]

Get newer version (2.9+)
Emulation Speed : Realtime Auto
3D renderer : Try Nocash or OpenGL (though this shouldn’t really matter)

PC energy settings: High performance
Check Task Manager and see if another program
(Anti-virus cough, browser shenanigans cough) is eating all of your available CPU .

Also you can speed up emulator by pressing ‘Backspace’

Sorry for the long pause.

I was already using No$GBA V3.02, so I tried changing around the other settings (PC energy, emulation speed, 3D render) and closed my browser, any and all windows and background apps (and my anti-virus) and I still can’t seem to get it running at full speed. I still don’t know what exactly the hang-up is.
Regardless, Thank you for trying to help me anyway.

How about trying and, if it works out, recommending MGBA? @Seal

@Seal Hi there. Haven’t posted in this thread before, or even in this forum, but I made an account specifically to leave some feedback for you.

I’m planning on making a more in-depth post with feedback (I am ~103 hours into this and am almost done with the v1.50 Valni Tower), but the main thing I want to bring up right now is the new story dialogue. Did anyone proofread this? I like that the creation myth is expanded upon, as well as the Creator’s plan to re-invent the world, and especially the backstory reading Formortiis, but it’s all undermined by the very amateur writing; namely, too many plot contrivances, grammar and spelling mistakes, and especially capturing the tone of Eirika and Ephraim.

Do you have the dialogue in an easily accessible form for editing? I’d love to go over it and help rectify some of these issues; I shouldn’t be laughing at the dialogue when the Creator is speaking.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback I appreciate it.
Yes, I’m aware of the typos but I have already moved on.
In my defense, I had to rush the thing as I wrote the whole script and events in a week.

As for the plot contrivances, everything in everything can be labeled as one. What are you referring to?
About Ephraim and Eirika, their dialogue was written based on their supports and behavior in the main game.

Finally, the Creator is meant to be purposely goofy and poor at dialogue interactions.
She isn’t supposed to act as “godlike” as possible.

Hi, Im loving the game so far. All the changes make for a really refreshing and challenging run of SS that I’ve been craving.

I just have a couple question on the new Trainee promotions. Im definitely promoting Amelia to Wyvern Lord and Ewan to Druid. However I just cant decide whats a good pick for Ross. He gets so many options like Warrior, Hero, General and Berserker. I was originally gonna go with Berserker but that 20 SKL cap seems like a waste of his growths, especially with all the post endgame stuff. Hero and General seem pretty good, especially with the new skills but im not sure because i’ll probably promote Gerik to Hero and Gilliam to General.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Just download your hack, safe to say that I love your hack already. Sacred Stone is my favorite title from the franchise, and your work make it possible for me to play this nostalgic game with newly added experience.

But still, there is something that bother me, why the skill level bar isn’t showing any progress? Is unit’s weapon level increase when they’re promoted? Or it’s just not shown?

Note: Seth sprite looks sick! he’s my favorite character of all FE series. But to be honest, I like original Paladin animation better, especially their satisfying critical hit animation.

1 Like

The weapon skill level is preset for each unit. Depending on promotion some units gain access to specific weapons (like magic swords being available only for Mage Knights).

1 Like

Why do you need no$GBA? wouldn’t it work with MGBA because it is a GBA title?

Can you kindly merge the patch into one single ups instead of having to re-apply for post game since i am playing it on my 2ds xl.

Sorry. Not possible.
But another player in the past did re-apply the 2nd patch on his cartridge without issues on his save file.

hey, I’m planning on playing this hack but I wanted to know how different it is from the sacred trilogy - which I also plan on playing. Anyone help me out?

Downloaded this on request from a friend, and I have to say, I’m enjoying this hack a lot more than the original Sacred Stones game. The original is good, yeah, but the changes brought in this hack are a very welcome addition. Loving my time with it so far, sprite work is amazing and I love the approach taken with grinding. Just have to work up the courage to take on 1.50 Valni now

2 Likes

Heya, i really want to play this, but when i patched it, it’s not working, please help me or send a pre-patched ROM. i’d really love to play this and give my feedback.

The 2 games might load the same GameID save which is the FE7(US?) which should make it work on the (New)3DS(XL)/(New)2DS(XL).
I don’t know if they need the same Title ID or if having the same Title ID is even possible, I do know having the same GBA Game ID is possible.

1 Like

May I have permission from you to use your weapon icons for a hack that I am planning to make? I promise I will give credit, but even if you don’t wish to do so then it’s understandable too.

The ultimate FE asset repo has the weapon icons in Graphics > weapon icons

here’s the link to the repo: The Ultimate FEGBA Asset Repo

Thanks a bunch for the information!

You’re very welcome, i’m happy to help with people who want to get into rom hacking!

1 Like

Why the Berserker class have 20 Skill cap?