[FE8] Fire Emblem: Code of the Burger King (Main Campaign Complete!)

Hello, FEU! I’ve been working on this project for months now, and while it’s not complete quite yet, I thought I’d finally at least make a page for it, especially now that the FEE3 schedule’s out and people are probably wondering what the heck it is.

I’m proud to introduce Fire Emblem: Code of the Burger King, a fully featured FE8 hack.

Join the Discord server to get notified about the latest releases and talk with like-minded hamburger enjoyers! (That’s also where I’m by far the most active if you have feedback or questions.)

Download the latest patch here! (Apply patch to a vanilla FE8U rom.)

Featuring:

• A tale of one knight’s quest for vindication after working far too long in fast food!
  • A campaign with a planned 20 chapters and 6 gaidens!
  • A WIP postgame that’ll test your skills! (or your ability to grind, I won’t judge)
  • 34 characters pulling from across the Fire Emblem series, plus some surprises!
  • A rich support log that grants way too much humanity to this wacky cast.
  • Tons of secrets and references!
  • A unique reclassing system!
  • Redone statcaps- this isn’t inflation, but it’s also not GBA anymore.
  • A diverse soundtrack featuring both F2U and custom music!
  • Much more!

NOTE: This hack contains occasional dark themes, some strong language, and worst of all, spoilers for most main series entries (especially Tellius!) - stay away if you’re averse to any of that.

Screenshots:

Hard Mode is the intended difficulty, though if for some reason you’re only in this for the story, Normal Mode should work just fine.

Credits
Animations-
lovemachine
Mikey Seregon
The Big Dededester
HyperGammaSpaces
Blue Druid
Alfred Kamon
Greentea
RobertFPY
Spud
Ren_Ookami
Pushwall
Glenwing
MK404
DerTheVaporeon
Flasuban
Team SALVAGED
Iscaneus
Leo_link
Nuramon
Swain
Temp
Wan
TBA
Spud
MeatofJustice
Pikmin1211
Maiser6
Ukelele
SD9k
Black Mage
Orihara_Saki
ltranc
Eldritch Abomination
GabrielKnight
Retrogamer
Mikey Seregon
Teraspark
Aruka
Kenpuhu
Seal
MrNight
Jeorge Reds
ZoramineFae
HGS
Levin64
RJ
Exists
Obsidian
Daddy
Sacred War
JeyTheCount
DrGreen3339
Trooper
AKA
SHYUTERz
An odd Dutch introvert
St jack
Blazer
jubby

Portraits-
JiroPaiPai
flingleforp
Nickt
Peerless
Levin64
Citrus
DunkingDucks
Renoud
Atey
Sterling Glovner
WAve
Vilk
Yang Kai
Zorua
HyperGammaSpaces
DGE
RedFE
BlueyGuy
Flasuban
CardCafe
Zarg
BandanaSplitzzz
CamusZekeSirius
CM9
Laurent Lacroix
Obsidian Daddy
RandomWizard
BatimaTheBat
SacredStones
DrGreen3339
Cold Medicine
Glaceo
Kanto Emblem
Fenrier
RedstoneGaming
DerTheVaporeon
Nuramon
MarioKirby
Redbean
emerald 18
SomeDenseGuy
Cosimo
Grated Shtick
Lenh

Map Animations-
L95
DerTheVaporeon
FireEmblemier
Flasuban
Leo Link
TBA
Pikmin1211
StreetHero
blood
Ash3wl
team SALVAGED
Tordo45
Nuramon
MeatOfJustice

Class Cards-
FPzero
TBA
ArcherBias
Rasdel
MeatofJustice

Tilesets-
N426
ZoramineFae
Venno
Flasuban
WAve
RandomWizard
Beast

Item Icons-
Beansy
2WB
CardCafe
SacredStones
Lisandra Brave
Seal
Purple
Ereshkigal
Zelix
Lord Glenn

Background CGs-
ZoramineFae

Menu Frame-
Ig

Battle Screen-
Sokaballa

Assorted ASM/Patches-
Huichelaar

All asset credits are also listed in-game via the Guide menu or directly in the Sound Room- if you notice that I forgot to credit someone, let me know and I’ll fix it!
Any and all assets I’ve made for this (primarily music) are additionally free to use.

no relation to code of the black knights, it’s just a funny name

30 Likes

WE’RE LIVE GAMERS

Gaming

Finally

Art.

1 Like

GOD ! !

1 Like

when you find god in a forest:

6 Likes

Yo i’ve never heard of this but it looks cool! (wink wink nudge nudge)

WOOOOO Congrats on the FEU release Retina!

same! can’t believe this looks so good I only wish I had known about it, say, six months ago (wink wink)

tfw this hack has both fe4 substitutes and “Navarre”[TM] in it

What more could I even ask for in a hack?

1 Like

Cool, ill check it when its completed.

Blessed

1 Like

Hey Retina, congrats on the release of a new project! Always cool to see more and more people getting their projects out there!

Just wanted to leave a quick note that you’ve got a good looking battle screen there :wink:, but wanted to make you aware of a way to make it just a tad bit cleaner. In the folder for that battle screen, there is a script to move the item icons up by one pixel. It would make it so the item icons don’t run into the battle frame. The link can be found here if you want to use it:

Simply run that script through Event Editor and you should be good to go.

All the best! Looks like a unique project!

1 Like

What the…

1 Like

attention all epic gamers
we’ve got a new patch, featuring chapters 18 and 18x, as well as a host of other changes
the link in the main thread has been updated, though if there’s any hotfixes, they may take longer to reach here than the discord
enjoy
Code of the Burger King Lategame Edition.emulator-6 (3)

3 Likes

it’s time, gamers

the game is now playable from prologue to end credits, and the postgame hub plus two maps are also now available - the patch in the OP has been updated accordingly

if you’re the kind of person to run in terror from incomplete hacks, run no longer

embrace the hamburger

12 Likes

Lets go gamers

based

This hack has singlehandedly convinced me that the best kinds of gameplay-oriented hacks are the meme ones.

Having played through this entire hack (but not the trial maps yet), I honestly want to say that it’s got my favorite gameplay of any hack so far, and a huge part of that is the the story and gameplay never truly clash thanks to the joke setting. In a joke hack, there’s always an open avenue for “idk, it’s funny” or “that’s the punchline” for justifications behind why things happen. There’s no need to justify or contextualize things like skills, character recruitments, or unique Prfs with lore when you can easily write it off with a one-off joke. You don’t need to provide thorough backstory behind why tf this game’s axe armor, or its first wyvern rider, or the bosses in chapter 5 are even in the game at all when “it’s funny” is an equally valid explanation. This makes joke hacks always feel tonally consistent; as such their gameplay doesn’t really conflict jarringly with the story like some other, more serious hacks with gameplay-oriented philosophies might. Anything goes here. It’s a meme after all!

I said this on the Discord already months ago but I truly feel like this hack’s greatest trait is how it uses its meme setting as an outlet to be as experimental as possible with its gameplay features, and in this light I think it does a stellar job. I think it really makes the most of its lighthearted world and crossover cast to have fun with its features in an almost tongue in cheek kind of way.

8 Likes

No, you cannot recruit Nabarl/Samto in chapter 5.

1 Like