[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: Vision Quest (v3 by Pushwall - 1-Oct-22)

I mean i tried that and they appeared some times in the early chapters, but now i can’t get them to show up

Not sure what would cause that. Which emulator are you using?

Romstation…it’s the only one that i can get to work that has US versions of FE8

Could be why – I’ve never heard of this emulator so nothing was tested for it.

2 Likes

well shit…thanks anyway

Its not an emulator, its a hub program.

That can download individual emulators and roms. After looking into it I got this quote on their website,

“While RomStation automatically selects the emulator with the best compatibility for each system, you can also associate multiple emulators with a single system. The downloaded emulators come with their own customizable profiles to meet any compatibility or convenience needs. You can also link profiles to your games.”

So if I had to hazard a guess, its autoselecting an emulator that isn’t exactly… proper lets say.

Plus I think this program is french originally.

2 Likes

Makes sense - adalvar, I’d recommend trying mGBA instead if you can swing it.

1 Like

Playing it last year - and greatly enjoying it - I remember running into an issue where the game wouldn’t recognize it when two or more NPCs reached their respective escape tile during the same turn.
Two NPCs would leave, one after the other, but I only got one item.
After reloading a savestate, I dropped the NPCs in a way that they left on seperate turns and voila, two items as a reward.

So yeah, just wanted to mention that so it’s out there.

2 Likes

Awesome! Time to dust off the ol Katzbalger, get the crew back together, and give some units a go who never made the team in the past. COUGH! (Hollis, Ruslan, every cav after Part 1, Bosco, every shaman besides Bulan, Arckady, etc etc).

Im looking forward to the new animations. This is one of very few FE games that I play with animations on. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hey, this was a really great hack. I just beat the final boss, but I’m running into an issue where my things get corrupted on the turn count screen. I’ve tried the same save on VBA and mGBA now, and getting the same results. I was wondering if you had heard anything similar or how to fix it.

1 Like

iirc it’s just a graphical overflow error and doesn’t actually affect anything. It’s caused by long chapter titles

Why Zakawat dont appaer in the comunitty tier list?

Hi! I’ve never used NUPS before and have not the slightest clue on how to get the game running. My goal is to run it through NewSuperUltimateInjector3DS and convert it into a CIA file that I can run on my 3DS. Any ideas?

Not sure, you should be able to download NUPS and install it without much issue.

Idk much about the process for getting it to run on 3DS.

Can anyone else shed some light here?

Actually, I figured it out! I’ve never done things like this, so I didn’t know that your game is a patch to the sacred stones lol. Found a sacred stones rom, patched it with NUPS, and then used NewSuperUltimateInjector3DS to make it a .cia which I was then able to install on my 3DS w/ FBI and boom! It works! Maybe this’ll help someone else in the future lol. Thank you for your quick response! Look forward to playing more of the game.

5 Likes

Thanks for explaining the process after finding the answer yourself!

2 Likes

Of course!!! I wanna ask @Pandan when they first began work on this! It’s really impressive & I’m excited to play & see what’s in store

1 Like

Glad you were able to figure it out. Thanks for sharing.

I started drafting notes in October 2017 and started building in January 2018. The first release of part 1 came in May 2018, with the first complete release roughly 2 years later.

3 Likes

@Pandan I have played a loooooot of hacks since I played this one and this is still my most favorite hack. Do you plan on doing any other projects or have you done any other projectsI don’t know about?

2 Likes

Thanks! Glad you had a good time.

Here’s a few others I was involved in:

Here is the VQ sequel that was canceled, but quite a bit is playable if you’re interested in getting a sense of what I was planning.

I have a few things on the backburner right now. Don’t have much time to dedicate to the hack as I did when I worked on VQ so everything takes longer. Hopefully will have another project down the road.

11 Likes