[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: Vision Quest (v3 by Pushwall - 1-Oct-22)

You can do that…?

I never noticed qwq

Thank you Iliterally just downloaded Bells as I saw it FEE3 today so knowing you’re apart of it and it’s complete makes me happier! I for sure will check out the sequel thank you so much!

@Pandan Made an account just to compliment you on the rom hack.
Real Nintendo seal of approval type work. My hesitation to play other hacks comes from disjointed stories or unpolished character sprites, so this hack blew me out of the water with how engaging the story is and official the sprites and animations are. The added gameplay elements borrowed from other games make it feel like such an upgrade of the regular GBA titles while retaining the same charm.
Definitely recommending it to anyone I know who’s a fan of the GBA games.
Looking forward to any of your other projects.

4 Likes

@Pandan its possible to buy the S Rank sword ik chapter 3?

no, it’s a fake S-rank weapon that is impossible to get the funds to buy, the latest update even increased the price.

But you can get one eventually?

when the game wants you to have one, you’ll get one.

Its illegal. He legally cannot do what you’re requesting.

1 Like

As stated by Gold that is illegal and against site rules however you can easily patch a rom on smartphones using online tools.
this site here allows you to patch roms on both pc and mobile, just download the patch and apply it to a US FE8 rom and you’re all set.

2 Likes

But there are such roms on this site as Juistice&Pride and The Four Kings, well, if this cannot be done, please tell me how to patch the rom from a smartphone.

Those are…UPS patches though.

1 Like

there are no roms on this site. Only patches are here and if there are roms they must be taken down. I edited my comment above with a website that can help you.

1 Like

@Germes I use Unipatcher for mobile, which can be downloaded from the app store if that helps.

2 Likes

Asking for roms is strictly forbidden. Distribution of roms is illegal.

1 Like

I dont know this.

@Jack_G Ok im lookt on this app.

@theghostcreator I have FE 8 English and Australian region and Vision Quest 2.3.ups for test but sit say protocol not supported maybe i do some wrong.

MOD EDIT: Please don’t triple post. If you need to say something extra, edit your post instead.

Put the US .GBA file in the rom section and the UPS in the other section and you should be good, just press apply patch and it’ll give you the patched .GBA file

Im do it but me say protocol not support :(( but i use Unipather like me say Jack_G and it work!!! OMG im so happy! Thank you all for your help and patience.

Hello everyone. I have a problem with the version 3 patch, it’s strange, but the patch weighing 11.5 MB downloads only 9.53 MB, I tried several times and the result is the same, and of course, when I try to install this patch on the rom, a message appears in Unipatcher that the file broken, maybe someone knows what the problem is? There are no problems with the version 2.3 patch.

New patch courtesy of @Pushwall is available on dropbox and up in the OP. Big thanks to Push for continuing to support the v3 patch and sprucing things up considerably.

This patch includes some new animations, bug fixes, and conditional dialogue. Enjoy.

Click here to read about the changes
  • Fixed a bug that might cause the final recruit to unrecruit themselves at the end of their join chapter.
  • Fixed an animation crash when unpromoted Onisim is attacked while having no staves in his inventory.
  • Fixed references to a “world map” in help text.
  • Custer’s battle animations work now.
  • Updated animations for Surya and Radoslav.
  • Updated map sprite for female Warriors.
  • Tweaked the Gunnar recruitment hint to make it more obvious you should do something with the tile other than wait for reinforcements to come from it.
  • Added alternate/abridged dialogue for when certain non-retreating characters are dead in the following scenes: end of 1-5/1-6/1-7/2-5x/3-3x/4-3x, start of 1-7/2-3/2-5.
  • Lera, Natsuko, Naia, Bulan and Cajon have their death quotes updated to reflect that they retreat in story.
  • Naia, Natsuko and Vernon’s retreat types changed from “wounded but stayed until the end” to “wounded and parted ways with the company” since they all have no dialogue in part 4.
  • Added “retreat” death quote for Bromhilda in 1-11.
  • Added chapter-specific “retreat” death quotes for all the remaining members of Endgame X.
  • Removed a bunch of vanilla always conditions from 3-E (in addition to improving performance between actions since most of these were the area events for FE8 Ch11 Creeping Darkness, rout is no longer a hidden win condition)
  • Reworked the way chapter names are displayed in the ending turn count scroll to prevent text spillage.
  • 1-7xx/2-3x/4-E now show up in the ending turn count scroll. (This can’t apply retroactively on saves where you’ve already beaten those chapters.)
  • Due to the turn count display glitching out if too many chapters have their data saved, with some of the final chapters being overwritten by garbage and displaying as having taken several hundred turns to complete, 2-1x/3-E/4-2/4-3x are excluded from the turn count display. Since they’re “forced defends”, they always take the same amount of turns anyway. Conveniently getting rid of only the forced defends lets the rest of the maps fit exactly within the available ram space! (Again, this can’t apply retroactively on saves where you’ve already beaten those chapters, so you may still have a glitchy turn count if you’re running an old save. This doesn’t freeze the game or anything, just looks weird)
  • Fix error with minimug palettes when moving between two characters.

Asset credits:
Radoslav unpromoted: Temp
Radoslav promoted: Teelvade, Jey the Count, Pushwall
Surya unpromoted: RRSKAI
Surya promoted: RRSKAI, Orihara_saki
Minimug palette ASM: Huichelaar
Warrior map sprite: Pushwall, FEGirls

15 Likes

I made the brigand animation specifically for Surya, I just didn’t expect you guys to implement it already.

Here are palettes for Surya. The purple matches his headband, and the emerald axe is just for flavor.
image image

I’ve been playing on v2.3 for 65 hours and I haven’t finished it yet. I like your game a lot, so much so that I tried to make brighter palettes and ended up making palettes for about 30 characters. I did not think there would be another update, but here is a pic of some of the palettes I made.
I chose colors to try to stay true to the character portraits, but I also took some creative freedom for the mounts and gave them new colors just to add more flair.

7 Likes