[FE7] Fire Emblem - Sword of Heaven and Earth [Translation Complete v1.2]

Hey guys, how’s it going? I hope you are doing great! Here again with a new translation after a year.

This time I am pleased to present the complete translation of the Sword of Heaven and Earth hack made by 38%, a japanese guy.

Below I will leave some more information about the project, I might edit it later to make it more presentable but in the meantime, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did translating it!

Download

You will need an FE7 US rom and a program like NUPS, or Floating IPS (although it may not look like it, the program does accept UPS patches) to patch it.

Fire Emblem - Sword of Heaven and Earth v1.2

Source

Story

War looms over Elibe once again. Zephiel, King of Bern was the one who started the trigger, but thanks to the efforts of Roy, Prince of Pherae, his plan never came to fruition.

Before these events, Saya, daughter of Chief Lyndis, prepares for what will be her last training.

Embark with Saya on the other side of the coin of the events of this ruthless and cold war.

Screenshot

FE7 Fire Emblem - Sword of Heaven and Earth English v1.0
bandit

About this project

It’s been a year since I translated Queen’s Sword and long before that I had already had my eye on this game when I was still using FEbuilder and knew the forum haha

Honestly this was meant to have been published last year, because after I finished Queen’s Sword I started to translate it but I didn’t get very far. I was inspired months ago by a let’s play from Pandan (creator of Vision Quest) and I think that motivated me again, besides that it was also a promise I had made myself.

Even with all that I was going to publish it 1 month ago but for certain things I couldn’t.

I don’t know what I’ll do after this (but maybe I will) but it was a lot of fun to work on it, I hope you enjoy it!

Feedback

To be clear, English is not my native language.

By no means this translation pretends to be perfect (I want it to be as good as possible), but I can tell you that I really did my best with the tools I had at hand, I improved my Japanese a little bit during this year and my English has been growing a little bit more, but even so it is to be expected that it is not going to be perfect and it might need a revision by someone who is an expert in Japanese.

If any of you can give me your opinion of how the translation is and also if you know someone capable of giving it a separate review, you can contact me by personal message or in the FEuniverse Discord.

Bugs (Read before downloading)

The few that I found I fixed, but:

1.- There is a bug where the game freezes after seeing the enemy descriptions, this rarely happens when starting a new chapter, I’m 95% sure it probably won’t happen to you but if it does, to fix it just restart the chapter.

That said what I recommend is that, at the beginning of each chapter check the descriptions of some enemies and see if it freezes.

2.- There is another bug where near the end of the game you will be given a random unit with random stats (practically useless) I don’t know what causes it but if it happens to you don’t worry, just keep playing.

Having said all this, I sincerely hope you enjoy this story, and like I said I’m willing to receive as much feedback as possible, without further ado, see you next time!

Credits:
38% (Autor of the hack)
Pikmin (Thanks for always helping me!)
Pollen (For the support!)
Isaac (Another support!)
DeepL Translator
Google Translator

58 Likes

Hey, it’s me the guy on the discord obsessing over it. Good Job man. I’m excited to read the story!

3 Likes

This is awesome. Very excited to play this one again. Primarily excited to read Feeler’s dialogue.

For those new to this hack or those who put off playing it because there was no English, know that this hack is excellent. It holds a special place in my heart as one of the best romhacks I’ve ever played, and has some of the strongest gameplay I’ve experienced in a hack. It also has some innovative map ideas and serious eventing. Really impressive considering it is a contemporary of TLP and Requiem.

The first twenty chapters are dope. Endgame is isnt my cup of tea, but it is all worth trying. Definitely a top 5 hack for me by gameplay alone. Curious how I’ll feel about the writing now that I can read it.

Thanks for translating this and sharing it.

11 Likes

Saint Saya comes again to save her mom Lyn from the bad Morphs. Now she can speak to them in non-moon runes!

This is really cool to see. Having just come off of playing this myself in Japanese it’ll be fun to revisit it again in a little while.

4 Likes

I’ve heard a lot of good things about the hack before, but a lack of a complete translation kinda put me off from trying. Thanks for you work!

1 Like

Congratulations and thank you for your hard work: also this famous (J) Hack is now available in English.:grin:
Some questions: how come the patch is so big? Does it contain unused resources inside? Or because it contains custom bgms?

1 Like

the best hack

2 Likes

Oh shit, a full translation for Sword of Heaven and Earth! I’ve played this hack a few times over the years, and while it’s perfectly playable without dialogue (I even managed to recruit everyone, it’s that intuitive!), I always have been rather curious about its story.

I never expected one day this would become a reality. Good work! I’m a little busy with other games right now, but I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on this one going forward.

Now I can finally find out if

Spoiler alert

Kent dies in the one chapter where a town is burning and he gets wrecked by the blonde general guy, or if he just gets a plot injury and has to stay behind.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t know, although it’s probably because I used free space in the rom to translate some things that were difficult for me. The original patched rom size is the same.

Enjoy! :smile:

1 Like

Well, it is already a reality and surely many more people will be able to enjoy it!

Spoiler alert

He lives with his injuries.

1 Like

Incredible work, thanks a lot! What are the odds that I was thinking about SOHAE yesterday and how it needs to be bumped up on my backlog after all these years and I need to go find the menu patch. My procrastination worked out it seems.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I was just coming to tell you that I think I was able to fix the problem with the conversation not showing up.

For those who didn’t read the miscellaneous section, there is a conversation that is not shown in a certain chapter, specifically in chapter 17 and before turn 10 a conversation should appear.

That conversation is super short and only makes the boss leave the field (and it is not translated), if it does not appear the boss stays until the end of the chapter or until he is defeated.

You would do me a big favor if you notify me if the conversation appears or not, I will update the patch a little later.

At the beginning of CH.2, if I start attacking an enemy unit (comparing various parameters) and then cancel the action, and go back, the game crashes/freezes, whatever unit I use.

1 Like

Did you try restarting the chapter to see if it fixes it?

No, but now I’m going to try again.

Let me know how it goes, in the publication I put that sometimes it freezes but rarely, honestly I don’t know why it happens but restarting the chapter usually fixes it.

It always happens as I have already described. By starting to attack and then canceling the action the game freezes as in the second picture.
I’ve restarted the chapter 4 times with the same result.
I’m using a DSi XL, if that helps to know.

Note: However, this bug is not one of the ones described in your introduction.

1 Like

I also have a Nintendo ds let me see if I have any problems there as well

Edit: Lol I can’t even get past the selection menu, everything goes black and only the music plays. Maybe the rom is so buggy inside that it can’t run well? in vba and mgba everything is perfect until the end.

I use GBArunner2 (GBA emulator, or rather hypervisor) with TwilightMenu++ in SDslot (no flashcart) and also applied a no-autosave patch to the rom.

1 Like

I also use Twilight and just now I used the original rom in Japanese and the same thing happens to me, maybe it’s something with twillight or the rom inside is just a mess to read it well and that’s why we get these errors.

Edit: What version are you using?