[FE7] Fire Emblem - Sword of Heaven and Earth [Translation Complete v1.2]

I forgot. I use the HICODE build version of GBARunner2 (to use for hacked roms) which you can find on gbatemp in its section.

1 Like

I haven’t updated twilight for a while, let me update it and let you know if anything has improved.

Edit: But in the meantime, maybe you can play it another way?

No. This is a separate version, specific, you can find it in GBARunner2 section, where you will find my posts on how to play FEHacks on DS.

I repeat, only the HICODE build of GBARunner2 works, with all the Fire Emblem Hacks completed: I tested them all!

1 Like

Let me take a look at it and let you know.

I’ll post the link, if it’s allowed: I talk about this topic also in the previous and next page:

1 Like

I’ll see if I can finish this chapter, without ever undoing attacks; then I’ll tell you if it’s okay in the next chapter.

Maybe, if I feel like it, I’ll also try it on DS Lite via GBA flashcart (slot2), and I’ll tell you if it’s ok there.

1 Like

Okay I did the whole process and I must say that running it on my little dsi, it makes weird noises and cuts off between actions but it still works fine, I got to chapter 2 and tried different ways and it doesn’t freeze in any way.

I don’t know what to tell you xD

Edit: I use GBARunner2_arm7dldi_dsi.nds

You didn’t read what I wrote at the beginning. You need to apply the no autosave patches. You can find them on gbatemp. Do you want me to upload them here?

1 Like

I think I skipped that part, but other than that the rom works normally without freezing.

1 Like

Did you initiate an attack, and then cancel the action?

1 Like

Yes, just as you said and nothing happens, everything is normal.

I think I’ll try a few more chapters to see if it doesn’t freeze, I may have gotten lucky.

Maybe this bug is only about this chapter. Anyway I’ll go ahead and see how it goes in the next chapters. Thanks for following along.

1 Like

Don’t worry, that’s what we’re here for, if something else comes up I’ll let you know, let me know how it went with the ds lite. :+1:

1 Like

I solved the issue by deactivating the “combat info window” in the options menu. Now everything works fine.
If I find errors or omissions in the translation, I’ll let you know.
Thank you again for allowing Fire Emblem saga fanatics (like me) to fully enjoy this historical gem. :star_struck:

P.S. I have now re-enabled that option and everything works without any problems. Who knows why… Better that way.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s the right thing to call it v1.1 since I didn’t make any major changes but to avoid confusion I’ll put it that way.

Version 1.1

Notes:

• Fixed odd number of text in character parameters
  • 1 missing translated graphic inserted
  • Text that didn’t want to appear in Chapter 17 before turn 10, fixed (or so I hope), and also translated.
  • Small texts that went out of the text box, fixed. (I hope there are no more?)

Maybe I missed something, but I hope you don’t have problems and let me know if the text appears in chapter 17.

Have fun! :smile:

2 Likes

This looks like it’s specifically an issue with your DSi emulation and not the actual rom. I have been using mGBA and everything has been absolutely perfect.

1 Like

Gonna replay this. I played the Japanese version a couple of years ago and had a blast. One question, was there ever a Gaiden chapter guide posted anywhere for this hack?

1 Like

There is no need, the game itself tells you at the end of a chapter if you want to do the gaiden chapter or not. :+1:

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I wasn’t sure if they were automatic unlocks or had requirements to unlock.

1 Like

Does anyone have any clue what the transfer data screen does? It seems to have a unique background and is waiting to link to something… What is it?

1 Like