[FE6] [COMPLETE] Fire Emblem: Lyn's Bizarre Adventure PME v1.0

after downloading and extracted the files neither malwarebytes or windows defender found anything wrong with it. seems the zip is causing windows to freak out

2 Likes

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYpe

1 Like

i finally beat arcadia without losing anybody and get all the chest and unlock the gaiden chapter holy moly

1 Like

Me casually going through some supports.

one highlight is that Raiden and Hnoss are apparantly (yes i know they are Lugh and Raigh but still) twin brothers i am laughing so hard hahahahahaha.

The Shelle ones are very interesting which i like!

Also Raiden and Della are so cute AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

3 Likes

By the way @SilverRoy I am currently thinking about maybe connecting my project to yours story wise more directly.
There are teaser CG’s in FE7. Zephiel being teased as the villain of FE6, maybe the hooded red figure can be Gnurr and this can tease the events of this game. Maybe as the end of my game has the Dragon’s Gate being opened that it indirectly is a catalyst for this game, in one way or another.

Or I make it something like: “Preview for another project!” then the Zephiel teaser edited to fit plays “If you liked Elysium Ablaze - how about you try out the technically a sequel but not really: Lyn’s Bizarre Adventure.”
Though as I don’t know the details of if this is possible, I would need you to tell me what I need to know so I can make at least that part slightly accurate.

4 Likes

@TritraSerpifeu Thinking about this at first, I really like the idea of the ‘Dragon’s Gate being opened that it indirectly is a catalyst for this game’, as it goes with the theme of ‘other worlds that became interconnected’ (Mitsuru being a great example).

And if it is possible to slightly edit the ending CGs, maybe show two hooded figures talking with each other, without clearly identifying them. As then it means that they MIGHT be Gnurr talking with Red, or Gnurr talking with someone else, or MIGHT also be two completely unrelated characters.

Leaving it up to air, so the teaser CGs looks both like a sequel to Lyn’s Bizarre Adventure, as well as it’s own thing, leaving entirely on the player’s own perspective and judgment.

I hope it made sense how I’m trying to explain rn lol.
We can share thoughts later if necessary no problem.

3 Likes

I get that. Although if that is the case I would probably make it a cutscene and just remove the CG’s (I could do that by forcing the game to go back to title screen before they happen.)
Although if that were the case I would need to make it vague, like vague that it has meaning other than being a teaser.
But I do like the idea of showing that more gates opened.
Maybe I can do something like showing a child Anina (Our favorite Dancer Lyn) finding a gate and reporting to her dad that she just met her “spiritual sister”. Showcasing that the world grew larger and also giving Anina some lore. It will be a simple scene but I think it can be cute in both connecting to Lyn’s bizarre adventure and giving Anina some lore. It teases the idea of more Lyn’s joining this world. But in a standalone manner.

Villager Girl-7
Here will be the child Anina sprite. I think it resembles her well enough, even before she fully embraced the “I am a Lyn!” gig.

3 Likes

Hello again everyone! Really important!

It doesn’t look like it, but the patches in the OP’s download links have been updated.

They were mostly to fix typos, but the actual important part were to fix game freezing bugs.
The culprits were not only some battle animations that had lines of code that had to be updated from testing, but also with Mitan’s portrait having high chance of freezing too from internal ID.

All of these cases have been fixed (and @dakaposhi it seems you were also talking about this), so if any one you had game freeze, just download and patch again, maintaining your save np.

4 Likes

Thank you lots!

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

I don’t know if anyone saw about it before, but Lyn’s Bizarre Adventure is also available to download in Romhacking.net. What I wanted to see if it was possible was to make both this, as well as My FE7 PME, available to download in RHDN. For people of other sites that never played a FE hack before and would be intrigued to try it out, possibly as a gateway to showcase FE hacking.

The FE7 PME is currently being developed by @TritraSerpifeu for their own complete version, and until then I decided to see if Lyn’s Bizarre Adventure would had been accepted in RHDN, and I was surprised and very glad it was!

That is, until the news that I believe everybody even here already knows, that RHDN announced their shut down, at the time of this writing being read-only without accepting anymore new hacks.

I had zero idea about the drama that was happening behind the scenes in RHDN, I thought that I would just upload LBA there just for others to have fun, while more FE hacks definitely end up being uploaded in the future. But now, technically speaking, this very hack is the last Fire Emblem hack uploaded in RHDN’s history (which seems like it for now, as even if you can still download hacks and talk in RHDN’s forum, there is no clue of its final fate in the foreseeable future).

I honestly don’t know how to feel about this, but I don’t want to think of myself as someone who is superior to anyone just because. Even if I completed this project, it’s still a humble bread in the FE hacking basket that I hope it’s fun to play.

Hope everything’s well explained, as again english isn’t my native language lol.
If there is any help needed, don’t be afraid to ask me! Cheers y’all. :star:

7 Likes

I still have a blast playing it. Also what is the complete version @TritraSerpifeu is working how can i imagine myself that?

1 Like

I actually have a playable beta of this thing and I have a video of the chapters.

This is my preview of the prolouge. It has an original map, new characters and a story adjusted.
While it still has the backbone of FE7, it has a lot of changes and is essentially an unique experience that features the cast of the FE7 PME.

But to be clear I won’t be doing it for the FE6 PME, best I will do is “Kaari, Amelia II and Anna go to buy some Milk so Amelia I can bake a cake.”

3 Likes

I play a part in working in this version as well. I was sort of a co-writer in this. I was adding in some story stuff to make this story unique and less vanilla compared to base fe7.

3 Likes

Hey guys. Elysium Ablaze is finished.
The big kinda prequel to this thing, hooray!
Meet the parents of your favorite Lyn’s Bizarre Adventure characters and get loose connections!
Wow!

I also made a small trailer:

5 Likes

So I was checking out other hacks’ pages, and it completely missed me that there should also be a very quick-to-read ‘Features’ list, showcasing the main differences and rebalances lol.

I’ve already updated the OP with a list of all the features in the hack (it’s the same list that’s in the main Readme), now anyone can quickly check them out at the very top of the OP. :sparkling_heart:

For those who doesn’t know, the hack does have a number of quality of life updates on top, such as almost all ambush spawns gone and tweaks to all weapons so they have better hit rates (as well as others such as new music). If you’ve never played FE6 before, this should be just the perfect starting point! And it still offers a good challenge for FE6 veterans to enjoy as well.

Cheers y’all, and a good weekend. :star:

4 Likes

I’d like to change Cole’s description and his battle quote with Hekabe.

Description:A mysterious mercenary from some other world. Makes jokes that always miss.

Vs Hekabe
Cole: Uh… I dunno what to say, so… Please take this sword to the face!
Hekabe: What the hell?

1 Like

@ColeTheOne Ah! The thing is that the hack was also up in other websites already a good number of days, and I don’t think it will be possible to update all of them at this point.

Maybe just think of this one boss, it just happens to be named ‘Cole’? I wrote it just as it was one of the most cartoonish villains, as Fire Emblem does have a lot of that anyway lol.
Hope it’s all right.

3 Likes

@SilverRoy Thank you for this hack!

2 Likes

So how’d Aryana and Irina work for everyone?

1 Like

@MakoQueenofAdrestia I know that both of them turned out really good. Waiting for some tier lists to drop regarding what’s the general impression of the playable units so far.

But also, news for everyone: a Self Randomizer version is now available, by Vesly!

I’ve already updated the OP too, with a link for the download thread.

Tested and it works 100%, with all the chaos that is to be expected of randomizers lol.

Enjoy! And have a good weekend y’all. :star:

8 Likes