FE5-GBA Tileset Project

This is a problem many people have. Swap palettes 0 and 4 to fix the issue.

Right, and I would switch the palettes by, clicking every tile and switching all four courners from 0 -> 4 and vice versa or is there a faster way that I don’t know?

Copy one of the palettes into a spare text area using the clipboard option. Copy and paste the other palette to the copied palette area in the editor. Then copy the saved palette using the clipboard into the second palette area.

I’m sorry that still doesn’t make sense to me.

Copy one palette using the clipboard option.
I assume it’s the like 20digits code?

Copy and past the other palette to the copied palette area in editor?
That completely lost me. What other palette, how do I find it, and copy it where?

Then Copy the Saved Palette (first instruction?) using the clipboard in the second palette area?
Once again lost, what second palette area?

Go to palette 0, copy the palette away using the “clipboard” option.
For this, it should be 007EEE412B26993E585FCF188E324D1DE71857365B43D025A6147A7B935A371D
Put it somewhere where you would want to save it, such as a text file or doc or something.

Then, go to palette 4, copy the palette using the “clipboard” option, then paste it into the clipboard of palette 0.

After that, go into where you saved the first palette. Copy it, and paste it into palette 4.

1 Like

Well that worked. Well damn. Alright thank you!

Since I didn’t see it mentioned, what degree of "open source"ness is there on these in regards to editing or using pieces to augment other tilesets? Always best to ask than assume that it’s fine to do, after all. (Example, I want to use the rounded walls in the FE5 Everything tileset for a specific purpose in a vanilla GBA tileset, but it also will require a minor shading edit as well.)

You’re free to edit or use anything in my tilesets. Go ahead.

1 Like

I made a fix to the everything tileset’s grass texture and palette since I disliked the old one. Now it’s very difficult to distinguish from the normal grass.
Comes with a standard and a lighter palette that’s easier on the eyes.

6 Likes

It has been brought to my attention that the image files are messed up.
Here’s some updated versions without borked palettes.

3 Likes

Is it possible to just see a preview image of the updated reg and light version?
(the reg has a box in it and the light one wasn’t posted)

I updated the original everything post to include both previews, no box this time.

1 Like

Quick question, since this is the first time i imported a completely different tileset.
How do you import the water animation?

1 Like

I can’t really explain this that well, so read this, specifically the “tile animations” portion of the tutorial under the second post. It’s really not too difficult once you figure it out.

1 Like

I HATE MYSELF! There is a button that takes you to the tile animations, on FEBuilder.
I am blind! Still thank you for responding.

FE5 plains (from the repo) were giving me and Zoma-Sempai trouble. Swapping palettes 2 and 0 seemed to work for the bright one, while swapping 4 and 0 for the dark one worked.

Bright

I don’t know anything about working with tilesets, however, using febuilder, this seems to work:

Properly export palette

Once you have the 4 palettes looking correct in febuilder, press the “export palette” button rather than the “export image” button. This way, it’ll generate the map object image with the palette in a way that febuilder can understand for next time.

It doesn’t seem to matter which palette you are currently on. I didn’t comprehensively test it, but it seemed to export and import without error using whichever palette selected. (The only difference being the colours of the exported object image, which does not seem to matter whatsoever. It knows the five palettes used anyhow.)

Here are the fixed images for fe5 plains dark and light. They seem to import correctly into febuilder now.

Dark:

Bright:

(Edit: Hosting the image on the forum automatically ruins the palette, so now it’s on google drive.)

Thanks for making these, by the way. They look great!

4 Likes

Oh… uh, these seem to be based off of an outdated version of my plains tileset. I added some extra pieces in later, so I’ll see what I can do about updating what you’ve posted here. Thank you, regardless.

There are some grass cliffs in this one that aren’t present in yours.

Oops, sorry. Is the up to date one in the first post dropbox link? I’d downloaded it from the asset repo:

I can fix the most recent one instead - it’s simply a matter of copying a couple of palettes in febuilder into notepad, then pasting into each other and exporting the new image. I’ll edit this post or reply later today with it. Were any of your other tilesets having the same issue?

Not sure. You’ll have to check the other tilesets’ palettes since I’m a little busy. Try this one out and see if it has the same issue. It’s the updated version.

This one works fine, thanks. I guess it’s just the one in the asset repo that needs updating.