FE5-GBA Tileset Project

It’s been a little while. I took most of FE5’s fields assets and threw them on top of vanilla FE8 plains tileset to make a general FE5 fields tileset.

No map this time, but it was mainly inspired by FE5’s fort and small-scale village maps.

3 Likes

I reorganized and improved upon my old FE5 plains tileset, with new tiles to complete the set from FE5. It’s now compatible with a more path-like light grass palette, used in the frontier version of this tileset inspired by chapter 2x.

3 Likes

I improved my castle tileset even further, adding some temple assets, fenced buildings, gray fences, and improving the organization considerably. The package includes the normal version and a bright version.

Sprite-0003

6 Likes

Hey there, sorry to bump an old topic, but figured this was relevant here. I’ve been in love with some of the tilesets flasuban has made and have been using them myself. In some of the things I’ve been working on, however, I wanted to use the Chapter 4/4x Jail and Chapter 24x/Final Loptyr Temple tilesets. TURNS OUT I’ve scoured basically everywhere and haven’t seen any bit of them, so I finally got frustrated enough to rip them myself. Made a couple edited tiles for my own use for easier mapping as well, and figured I might as well share them here if anyone is interested. I’d post them in the repository thread but I’m not sure how to format them exactly or how to make a map chip.

4 Likes

I actually had a similar idea as you. I made this and posted it in the FE5 hacking server. I’m not sure how you have it formatted. You can send it to me privately if you want.

2 Likes

I hope you don’t mind me using the provided tilesets for my own project. I’d like to ask for permission before doing so.

Edit: Oh. I noticed Lord Glenn’s comment. Sorry for the ping.

I made 16FPS gifs of the animated sprite templates provided in the discussion if anyone needs them. If anyone requests 8FPS I can animate those as well.

WallLampsGif
SmallFirePitGif
RedFirePitGif
PrisonTorchesRightSideGif
PrisonTorchesLeftSideGif
PrisonTorchesBGif
PrisonTorchesAGif
GreenFirePitGif
WaterGif
WaterFixedGif

I left in the original water animation I made with a somehow messed up template as the waterfall animated is akin to sewage. I plan on editing the the animation to look like sewage in FE5 style and posting the modified gifs and individual frames here at a later date.

Update: The color palette for the sewage looking waterfall has been changed in what is being animated. I have made the first frame of two versions of sewage that will be animated at a later date. One is meant to look like there is some water in it and the other is meant to look completely colored. I’m making both as I’m unsure which would look better. The first frame of each animation is shown below.

Sewage000
SewagePartialWater000

3 Likes